Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
you been playing sincd halo 4….lol i feel bad for you homie. I can tell the caliber of a gamer you are when you said you played call if duty for the last 2 years. Your definitely the type of sucker Microsoft is pushing this game towards.

fyi. I been playing halo since land parties in 2001. I’ve seen the community grow and die slowly since halo reach. You know nothing about the history of Halo and probably still in your daddy’s nut sake when Xbox live came out and halo 2 was the only decent game to play. The community was so different, honestly that’s why I feel so bad for you kids sucking this new shyt up.

let me tell you something about the community back then. People played for bragging rights. Not new skins and laughable armor. Almost everyone had a mic in the lobby but guess what everyone was focused team work was necessary. 70% of the people playing actually where good. Mostly cause back then it actually took some brains to set up Xbox live. The level system was actually challenging because you could level down. People rarely quite everyone was a diehard.

then halo 3 came and halo was still king. But the community was becoming to mainstream and the game had to much exposure. Not to mention call of duty modern warfare. When at the time it was called the halo killer. Taking a lot of the hardcore base from halo. Call of duty became the first halo online multiplayer rival.

Halo reach is really the first title in the series to go after an audience, the call of duty audience. With sprinting and load outs. This was the first swing away from core halo multiplayer.

halo 4 and 5 are inevitably swung even farther.

I thought and Microsoft that the mcc would bring back enough og fans to spark the franchise again but with the terrible rollout and over exposure it never materialized.

now you play halo and it’s filled with people running around aimlessly with absolutely no idea of strategy or team work. People kill there own team mates for weapons. Back in the day players had enough respect not to even pick up sniper if they couldn’t produce. It just shows you the influence call of duty had on the franchise. On call of duty lone wolf running around the map picking off kill airmlessy work, and can be fun. But it doesn’t translate to halo and for the last decade that’s what they have been typing to shoehorn into halo.

I feel sorry for the franchise and sorry for the new fans who will never get to experience the glory days of halo.
Im too high to finish reading past lan parties. I also played halo 1 since it came out and played in lan parties.

this is gonna be the best halo yet.

i know you mad about the sprint but get used to it. You can actually link the sprint to jumps and slides which create new slick opportunities to move around and shake off crosshairs. Its kinda like they imitated the parkour physics of titanfall a lil bit AND they gave us a grappling hook? This evolution man keep up

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you been playing sincd halo 4….lol i feel bad for you homie. I can tell the caliber of a gamer you are when you said you played call if duty for the last 2 years. Your definitely the type of sucker Microsoft is pushing this game towards.

fyi. I been playing halo since land parties in 2001. I’ve seen the community grow and die slowly since halo reach. You know nothing about the history of Halo and probably still in your daddy’s nut sake when Xbox live came out and halo 2 was the only decent game to play. The community was so different, honestly that’s why I feel so bad for you kids sucking this new shyt up.

let me tell you something about the community back then. People played for bragging rights. Not new skins and laughable armor. Almost everyone had a mic in the lobby but guess what everyone was focused team work was necessary. 70% of the people playing actually where good. Mostly cause back then it actually took some brains to set up Xbox live. The level system was actually challenging because you could level down. People rarely quite everyone was a diehard.

then halo 3 came and halo was still king. But the community was becoming to mainstream and the game had to much exposure. Not to mention call of duty modern warfare. When at the time it was called the halo killer. Taking a lot of the hardcore base from halo. Call of duty became the first halo online multiplayer rival.

Halo reach is really the first title in the series to go after an audience, the call of duty audience. With sprinting and load outs. This was the first swing away from core halo multiplayer.

halo 4 and 5 are inevitably swung even farther.

I thought and Microsoft that the mcc would bring back enough og fans to spark the franchise again but with the terrible rollout and over exposure it never materialized.

now you play halo and it’s filled with people running around aimlessly with absolutely no idea of strategy or team work. People kill there own team mates for weapons. Back in the day players had enough respect not to even pick up sniper if they couldn’t produce. It just shows you the influence call of duty had on the franchise. On call of duty lone wolf running around the map picking off kill airmlessy work, and can be fun. But it doesn’t translate to halo and for the last decade that’s what they have been typing to shoehorn into halo.

I feel sorry for the franchise and sorry for the new fans who will never get to experience the glory days of halo.
The actually made the sprint a lot slower so its closer to base movement, you can get away with not sprintin without bein at a disadvantage. No loadouts. Pickup equipment. No ordinance drops. No weird thrusters or ground pound. This is the closest to the older Halos in the past 14 years, n feels better than Reach.

halos aways had idiots in multiplayer. People costin the team a win, or the cheaters boostin matches to up their rank. Hey do you remember lag switching from the Halo 2 days? It was terrible n was rampant cuz of cheaters.

people not usin mics aint because Halo changed, its cuz most people in party chats now. This is with any multiplayer game in this era. They could launch Halo 1 with a reskin n chat would still be dead as fukk.

rank? Ya theres social level up, n theres competitive rank where guess what? Your level goes down if you n your team lose.

Skins n armor? Do you not remember the Halo 3 days of people gettin banned for beggin Bungie employees for Recon armor? Or the vidmaster challenges? Surely a gatekeeping so called original fan like yourself didnt forget about that stuff?

community becoming too mainstream? Halo was mainstream since Combat Evolved. shyt sold millions on Xbox n got even more sales when it launched on pc in 03. Halo 2 was the highest selling entertainment product of all time till its record was broken by Halo 3. Thats about as mainstream as it gets.

infinite looks n plays nothin like call of duty.i too been playin since the LAN days in 01 n havin to use xbox connect cuz live aint exist yet. then later the custom edition days when it came to pc. :mjgrin:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

This is a technical preview compared to a fully released game. God forbid they forget to add the exploding fruit animations:unimpressed:

I see y'all trying to kill the hype though, seeing as how this will easily be the biggest game of the holiday season:youngsabo:. No narrative formed against us shall prosper:umad:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This is a technical preview compared to a fully released game. God forbid they forget to add the exploding fruit animations:unimpressed:

I see y'all trying to kill the hype though, seeing as how this will easily be the biggest game of the holiday season:youngsabo:. No narrative formed against us shall prosper:umad:

These dudes don't have nothing to play and that will continue until next year. Microsoft is being generous giving them Pyschonauts/Deathloop.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
acquisitions that result in playstation getting more games = bear fruit:mjlol:

tenor.gif

You got all that extra time to beat Returnal this year
full

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Idk wtf yall talking bout with all this bloodclot whining. I play my xbox series x way more than i play my PlayStation 5 and i even have more ps5 games than i have xbox games. And the main reason why is due to Quick Resume. That shyt is a console game changer. Maybe when PS5 copies the way Xbox does it i’ll play it more.