8 years ago today: The Miz absolutely ethers Bryan Danielson

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
What does "you wrestle like a coward" even mean?
prevailing comment about Miz' work is that he takes care of himself first and foremost. And... fair. But to the guys who came up off the indies who were taught wrestling by wrestlers who came up in territories, it was all about protecting your opponent.
Case-in-point: don't dive at Miz from the ring. He will not catch you. He will not break your fall.
So folk who work have a different opinion on that.
Which is fair.

but also dumb and pointlessly idealistic. Thinking there's some code to wrestling when at the end of the day, this is how these people feed their families, and Miz avoiding injury has gotten him paid and in positions he wouldn't have been in if he was more 'old school'.

:hubie:

Bryan my GOAT. My in-ring GOAT. for better or worse, Danielson has the brain of a 1970s territory workhorse. Never a mind for business because he doesn't love it, he loves wrestling. Miz likes wrestling. Miz loves entertaining. Entertainers don't want to get hurt :yeshrug: these men aren't even actually in the same profession; they just shared a workplace

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
prevailing comment about Miz' work is that he takes care of himself first and foremost. And... fair. But to the guys who came up off the indies who were taught wrestling by wrestlers who came up in territories, it was all about protecting your opponent.
Case-in-point: don't dive at Miz from the ring. He will not catch you. He will not break your fall.
So folk who work have a different opinion on that.
Which is fair.

but also dumb and pointlessly idealistic. Thinking there's some code to wrestling when at the end of the day, this is how these people feed their families, and Miz avoiding injury has gotten him paid and in positions he wouldn't have been in if he was more 'old school'.

:hubie:

Bryan my GOAT. My in-ring GOAT. for better or worse, Danielson has the brain of a 1970s territory workhorse. Never a mind for business because he doesn't love it, he loves wrestling. Miz likes wrestling. Miz loves entertaining. Entertainers don't want to get hurt :yeshrug: these men aren't even actually in the same profession; they just shared a workplace
I think that I seen a clip where Bryan states that he doesn't really care the for the storytelling in WWE and actually prefers the in ring work. IMO Miz was right because it about having longevity in a brutal industry that will have no problem spitting you out when finished. He secured a potential 2nd job as a host or announcer when done wrestling for good along with have a hot ass wife and kids. The real smart ones leverage the WWE into another gig that is less physically demanding when they body starts to break down.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
he doesn't try to emulate Japanese play fighting. Danielson and guys like that idolize the Japanese wrestlers that would get suplexed on their head/neck and kicked in the face and all that other shyt.
Yall nikkas watch a couple of Kevin Nash shoot interviews and now pretend like you understand the business.

The wrestling lifers and "marks in the ring" are the ones actually doing shyt in the business and are progressing this shyt, and they have been since the 80s. Austin's the biggest draw of the lastv30 years and is a wrestling nerd. Flair, HBK, Jericho, Eddie Guerrero...you go down the line and all them nikkas put ring work at a premium while ALSO understanding the importance of the character...but yall just fall for Kevin Nash's "above it all act" when he's high key fronting too :pachaha:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Yall nikkas watch a couple of Kevin Nash shoot interviews and now pretend like you understand the business.

The wrestling lifers and "marks in the ring" are the ones actually doing shyt in the business and are progressing this shyt, and they have been since the 80s. Austin's the biggest draw of the lastv30 years and is a wrestling nerd. Flair, HBK, Jericho, Eddie Guerrero...you go down the line and all them nikkas put ring work at a premium while ALSO understanding the importance of the character...but yall just fall for Kevin Nash's "above it all act" when he's high key fronting too :pachaha:

what do you think Bryan was referring to when he said Miz wrestled like a coward?

compare the medical history between Bryan and Miz and tell me which life would you rather have?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think the funniest thing is that Miz actually won the feud with the Summerslam match were both worked a safe "Memphis style" match. The whole build to the match was straight out of Jerry Jarret & Lawler's playobook, including following it up with a fukkery mixed tag match that Miz won too :bryan:

The great thing about the promo is that it took real feelings Miz had towards the IWC by using Bryan as a proxy. And it was perfect heel stuff because at first it seems he's saying real shyt but in reality he was twisting the truth to make D-Bry look bad, which would galvanize his fans and make Miz more hated and Bryan more cheered. That's textbook heel shyt.

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
what do you think Bryan was referring to when he said Miz wrestled like a coward?

compare the medical history between Bryan and Miz and tell me which life would you rather have?
Depends on what you're willing to live with and what you're passionate about.

*I'm* not wired like Bryan Danielson so I would choose Miz's lifestyle. But that's why I'm not Bryan Danielson.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: 907

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Depends on what you're willing to live with and what you're passionate.

*I'm* not wired like Bryan Danielson so I would choose Miz's lifestyle. But that's why I'm not Bryan Danielson.

you didn't answer my first question though, which is why I don't get what you took issue with the post in the first place. When Bryan said Miz wrestled like a coward he clearly meant he didn't wrestle the ultra physical style that Bryan fancies the most

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
you didn't answer my first question though, which is why I don't get what you took issue with the post in the first place. When Bryan said Miz wrestled like a coward he clearly meant he didn't wrestle the ultra physical style that Bryan fancies the most
That "Japanese play fighting" shyt tells me everything I need to know about what you were trying to get at.

To be great at any physically taxing profession you need to be a bit of a lunatic that either doesn't care about the injuires or is willing to put up with them; and those guys are only gonna respect a person like Miz so much.