8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died In The Black Community

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
It’s true

It’s not subtle like it used to be
shyt is more in ur face

I remember when you could have a family BBQ and play some R&B and it would be subtle enough that everyone could listen to it.

I remember my fam had to start putting a stop to certain songs getting played when every song got far too explicit.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
1. Ain't no more love between the black man and woman. U know it's bad when the majority of our women wanna sleep with the Vanilla. At least Jon B had some soul

2. The Black Church is dead and that played a part in how u sung and played the instruments. Dues were to be paid.

Dave Hollister came from the church too along with many others

3. U can't be crooning to a Sexxy Red type. You're gonna have to choke her and bust a nut on her face to please her which is why most music is catered to thots because the men have no spine. @Wild self has talked about this in many threads.

4. Most R&B now sounds like Hip Hop but blame that on R. Kelly.

At least Kellz knew how to switch it up(Trap, Country, Gospel)

I was listening to some Dave Hollister and the dude could have some big, Suge Knight looking dude crying on the sideline about going home to his family.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rap music came through and crushed the buildings. That's the biggest reason.

What I mean is rap music came through and completely changed who black people are mentally and spiritually.

Black people pre-rap music and black people post-rap music are 2 completely different types of people.

Rap music absolutely DESTROYED the image of black people in their own eyes and shifted everything to hood/street and thot/whore culture.

Black boys want to be "street" and black girls want to be ghetto hood rats because of the music that's mainly heard by them.

Being a "gentleman" isn't glorified by da culture. You're considered lame/simp if you're a black male talking about respecting women.

Being a classy woman WORTHY of respect isn't glorified by da culture. The image of the black woman has been destroyed in the eyes of the black man.

In other words, black men and black women don't feel that the other side is worth putting on a pedestal (loved , honored , cherished & respected).

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps

What I mean is rap music came through and completely changed who black people are mentally and spiritually.

Black people pre-rap music and black people post-rap music are 2 completely different types of people.

Rap music absolutely DESTROYED the image of black people in their own eyes and shifted everything to hood/street and thot/whore culture.

Black boys want to be "street" and black girls want to be ghetto hood rats because of the music that's mainly heard by them.

Being a "gentleman" isn't glorified by da culture. You're considered lame/simp if you're a black male talking about respecting women.

Being a classy woman WORTHY of respect isn't glorified by da culture. The image of the black woman has been destroyed in the eyes of the black man.

In other words, black men and black women don't feel that the other side is worth putting on a pedestal (loved , honored , cherished & respected).
Yep, the problem with Hip Hop is it really is a culture not just music. And now we've gotten to the point where it is difficult to separate Hip Hop culture from Black culture.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

Y'all blame Hip-Hop.

I blame feminism.

You don't seen White boys singing love songs to purple, dyke haircut Miley Cyrus lookin' ass broads anymore, do ya?

The only place you might see love songs is in Country, Why?

Because Country still is rooted in "traditional" gender roles

Feminism essentially said that "chivalry was dead" and that men who are chivalrous are really misogynistic deep down

Women can open their own doors & make their own money. They don't need a man.

More importantly, it says that women can and SHOULD be hoes. If a woman who only wants man, or wants to be a stay at home mom, the pink-haired hoes shame her.

Again, that's across society.

Who wants to sing "baby I love you" to hoes who sleep around with every Tom, dikk, and Harry?

Think about Beyonce & Taylor Swift, they're most famous for their songs that are "man-hating" songs, because "men aint shyt".

nikkaz always want to make everything about us being dysfunctional, when we're dysfunctional because we're trapped in this bullshyt ass country.

That's why Malcolm (& later MLK) worried about Black people integrating into the burning house.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Someone sticky this Gospel.

I dont even see people ever returning to a mindset pre rap.