8 Reasons Straight Men Don't Want To Get Married

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
That nikka kinda did hit a lotto bruh in a way. I salute @SuburbanPimp but if he gotta good girl he winning. I aint jaded or bitter cause I grew up under my parents who still gotta great marriage 3 decades and running. But I also came up around alotta nikkas with status who KNEW how to get women and were very efficient at smashing all types of females. I can honestly say that damn every girl I knew of from age 16-23 that was in a relationship, was fukking one of my partnas on the side. Me knowing too many ppl was a gift and a curse. If SuburbanPimp really gotta girl who hold him down, got chemistry, AND is faithful, he hit something like the lotto IMO. I aint saying it was luck cause maybe he know how to keep a worthy chick but if alotta dudes out here in Dallas knew about their girl what I know about em it would be a surplus of episodes on the First 48

Nah bruh I didn't hit the lotto, Me and my wife have issues just like anybody else. We just been through alot together and we truly trust each other cause we been there for one another during times that the average person would have dipped. She has a past, just like I do... My past is waaaaay worse and she got exposed to it early on in our relationship and she still held me down regardless.

At the time I had no intentions on getting married, I just knew that fukkin hoes and then making up excuses for not fukkin with them while fukkin with other hoes was getting old to me. I understand cats who don't want to get married and I respect that... I also know that tomorrow shyt could go bad and I can be like Reincar or some shyt. But I can't let stats and stories from other failed marriages alter my outlook on what I have..

I'm just out here to let cats know you can still be yourself, go out, kick it with ya potnas, be financially stable and be happliy married...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Nah bruh I didn't hit the lotto, Me and my wife have issues just like anybody else. We just been through alot together and we truly trust each other cause we been there for one another during times that the average person would have dipped. She has a past, just like I do... My past is waaaaay worse and she got exposed to it early on in our relationship and she still held me down regardless.

At the time I had no intentions on getting married, I just knew that fukkin hoes and then making up excuses for not fukkin with them while fukkin with other hoes was getting old to me. I understand cats who don't want to get married and I respect that... I also know that tomorrow shyt could go bad and I can be like Reincar or some shyt. But I can't let stats and stories from other failed marriages alter my outlook on what I have..

I'm just out here to let cats know you can still be yourself, go out, kick it with ya potnas, be financially stable and be happliy married...
has either one of you cheated.....be honest playboi :stopitslime:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:wow: I know so many dudes like this :to::sadbron:

Last time i chilled with my homeboy. She gave him a pass to go out cause it was our other friends birthday. This broad gave him a curfew and he was trying to stick to it crying about having to get home. Ten minutes before the curfew she started blowing his phone up with calls and text about where he was. We left chicks trying to have an after party cause we had to get him home. When we got in the car he started acting like a bytch talking bout we done got him in trouble and now she's gonna yell at him. The look of disgust on my face couldve been a smiley. Dude is 26 and was living in his own house that she made him sell to get a house closer to her parents. Ive never invited dude anywhere ever again after that night. Grown ass man getting a curfew from his wife.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I like my freedom and being able to do what I want when I want. Marriage means a lot of compromise and I am not quite ready for all that right now. I guess it's good to be married to have someone to come home to everyday and maybe when I get a little bit older I will get hitched. But im 31 and know cats who are 24-28 married now with a kid or three and they are absolutely miserable. But I also know some who are happy with their life and where it is at.

SuburbanPimp

Daps
Reppin
has either one of you cheated.....be honest playboi :stopitslime:

Yep, When we first started talking we were BOTH still dealing with our exes for about 6 months...

And then about a year in I got caught cheating red handed :snoop:

But I honestly haven't cheated since we've been engaged & married... Longest stretch of my life

Of course I say she hasn't cheated and I honestly believe it, but I don't put nothing past anyone... But she doesn't go out very often and she isn't the type to go out for "Girls Night" and shyt like that, She is a more of a homebody and thats one of the reasons why I chose her...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yep, When we first started talking we were BOTH still dealing with our exes for about 6 months...

And then about a year in I got caught cheating red handed :snoop:

But I honestly haven't cheated since we've been engaged & married... Longest stretch of my life

Of course I say she hasn't cheated and I honestly believe it, but I don't put nothing past anyone... But she doesn't go out very often and she isn't the type to go out for "Girls Night" and shyt like that, She is a more of a homebody and thats one of the reasons why I chose her...

damn and she took you back?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Man you sound like a kid TRYING to find excuses to not wash the dishes or take out the trash or something..."Bu, bu, but Ma, it's dark outside" "It's raining"

then you come with some BS averages or "The avg marriage"

My marriage won't be average. So you play these averages with your everyday life as well? You know you better be in the house before it gets dark because ON AVERAGE more people get robbed at night. Or you do you drink? ON AVERAGE there numerous drunk driving accidents, you don't even have to be drunk or a drinker to be killed...the OTHER person could be drunk.

Man if you live life thinking "Well, the average marriage last 7 years..." you'll never really live. You got your reasons for not wanting to be married and that's cool, but stop throwing stupid stats to cats man. Average man won't see MILLIONS in their lifetime, is THAT supposed to be a reason why you DON'T chase after good jobs and better pay? Some people want to be rich, so they supposed to STOP chasing that dream/goal because "on average" it doesn't work out that way? Ok man, you got it:mindblown::manny:

every man says the same thing, no one enters marriage with divorce on their hand, like i said you can be the best husband, the best father none of that matters if/when your wife changes.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Does she have a problem with you hunting as long as u faithful? I know you go with ur partnas and reel in fish then throw em back in the water or play wingman. She give u problems or understands or dont know?

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
every man says the same thing, no one enters marriage with divorce on their hand, like i said you can be the best husband, the best father none of that matters if/when your wife changes.

And I feel u Reincar...but ANYBODY can change, me included. I can't live my life talkin bout "what if she change?" if she does, I'll deal with it. But the love we have makes me believe she won't just like her love for me should make her feel the same. I mean u can walk out and get hit by a bus tomorrow, is that going to stop you from going outside? I mean there's reports of people being shot/stabbed/run over, all that for being in the wrong place wrong time...you just have to trust and believe (in God for religious people like myself) that it isn't my time and that He still has plans for me on this Earth. I can't go around thinking about what COULD happen. I have to think what makes me the MOST happiest and CHASE THAT. If I die/something bad happens, well it was just in the plans from jump.

You'll miss out on life with the woulda/coulda/shouldas u gotta chase happiness(whatever that may be for you) and go from there pimpin... I have no hate for you or your lifestyle I justhope you'll stop spreading bad news and give LIFE a chance

Sent from my iPhone, wherever I'm at...hoe!

SuburbanPimp

Daps
Reppin
damn and she took you back?

Yeah, she did eventually...

And that was the point I realized I needed to chill out. I had very good girl and no excuse for cheating but yet I did anyway just because and with a chick I had no intentions on being with...

Looking back, constantly fukkin with other hoes never gave me a chance to actually give 100% in a relationship because anytime we would argue, have a disagreement or anything, I wouldn't try to reslove shyt, I'd just be like Alright, and then go fukk with some other broads...

But in this case, I decided to give change a chance and she saw that I had changed and she respected that and we been good since...

She still throws shyt in my face everynow and then though :comeon:

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Marriage is a beautiful thing, but the idea of being a bachelor, with a career , his own spot, living in a big city is too appealing . I've never been the type of person that lets a female dictate my emotions

SuburbanPimp

Daps
Reppin
Does she have a problem with you hunting as long as u faithful? I know you go with ur partnas and reel in fish then throw em back in the water or play wingman. She give u problems or understands or dont know?

Well she knows how I am so she knows if I go out I'ma talk to broads cause I'm just not the sit down and chat with the fellas quietly type dude. She also knows that I'm one of the top ranked wingmen so I do politic for my potnas. Her main thing is keep your ring on and no number exchanges... She goes through my phone which I have no problem with. But I think the key is everytime I have night out with the boys I ALWAYS come home and put it down on her to the point its a routine (even if I don't feel like it). So between that and her going through my phone and me not being invovled in any type of drama, she understands and it works

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:salute: @SuburbanPimp

I feel the same exact way.

My life is :ahh: with my wife and kids.

We've gone through plenty of stuff together and we always stand strong on the other side of it.

If you go into it right, be a good man, and lead your home. Marriage can be a beautiful thing. It's the fools and simps that make marriage look bad.

Last edited by a moderator: