[8/25/24] AEW All In: Swerve vs. Dragon; Toni Storm vs. Mariah May; Mercedes vs. Britt; Ospreay vs. MJF; Darby vs. ScapeGOAT

Who is winning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Mariah May would fit right in with the divas era of wrestling. In today’s era she’s average at best. I’d rather watch Deonna wrestle than her and I don’t care for Deonna either.
if they gave every minute of a Mariah May match to Toni Storm to instead promo toward a match with Mariah, the whole thing would play out better tbh.
Toni with a camera and Mariah away from the ring until Wembley woulda done more to build to this than every angle involving shoes, rings, and Mariah May beating a jobby by an order of magnitude.

We don't need to know about our villain. We know they're the villain because they turned on the 'hero' the people like.
Focus on the hero's hurt and the collapse of her. Mariah shoulda vanished off TV after the shoe attack entirely. Shown up at Wembley in new gear, with a daring haircut, maybe a dye job and a hard-hitting finish that she shoulda busted out on Toni at minute 3 of the match and ended it there.

Instead, they overexposed Mariah, underrepresented Toni's character to this point, and basically botched a feud that shoulda been a layup considering what All About Eve is ultimately all about and how translatable it is to wrestling:
The fear of being replaced by the newer, shinier thing that you used to be is literally the story of wrestling. It's been the reason people's careers have been held down since folk was doing 100+ mile car rides both ways for a show.

They botched casting.
Still coulda saved it.
but they botched storyboarding too.

can't fukk up both and have it work :hubie:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
if they gave every minute of a Mariah May match to Toni Storm to instead promo toward a match with Mariah, the whole thing would play out better tbh.
Toni with a camera and Mariah away from the ring until Wembley woulda done more to build to this than every angle involving shoes, rings, and Mariah May beating a jobby by an order of magnitude.

We don't need to know about our villain. We know they're the villain because they turned on the 'hero' the people like.
Focus on the hero's hurt and the collapse of her. Mariah shoulda vanished off TV after the shoe attack entirely. Shown up at Wembley in new gear, with a daring haircut, maybe a dye job and a hard-hitting finish that she shoulda busted out on Toni at minute 3 of the match and ended it there.

Instead, they overexposed Mariah, underrepresented Toni's character to this point, and basically botched a feud that shoulda been a layup considering what All About Eve is ultimately all about and how translatable it is to wrestling:
The fear of being replaced by the newer, shinier thing that you used to be is literally the story of wrestling. It's been the reason people's careers have been held down since folk was doing 100+ mile car rides both ways for a show.

They botched casting.
Still coulda saved it.
but they botched storyboarding too.

can't fukk up both and have it work :hubie:
Pre screening was great

Botched everything else :francis:

How Tony managed to cool off this fued before it got to the finish :snoop:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Pre screening was great

Botched everything else :francis:

How Tony managed to cool off this fued before it got to the finish :snoop:
one of those movies where Act 1 has you thinking you watching a classic, but by the end of the movie you've forgotten everything you loved about the first act and just end up forgetting the movie after a while, too.

almost exactly that path. There wasn't any singular moment the storyline 'died', but... it's definitely no longer breathing. Just Thriller-shuffling into Wembley to hit the overhead-clap-shimmy into a pinfall and let us move on with our lives.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Is Mariah likely to hold the belt for long? Guess it depends how she does. I could see Toni taking a short break if she loses. Maybe until GS if not WD. Come back as not a new character but just different type of movie role.

Not sure if Mariah gonna have any challengers until then. I'm sure they'll have somebody step up.
It’s just shytty how TK is gonna waste a good run from Toni on a weak talent. fukk that shyt, let Toni cook longer and set up the feud with Mone. That’s the money feud. Let Mehriah get tossed in the bushes. :camby:

When Mehriah is exposed during the run, I bet a lot of these dudes are gonna say “they shoulda kept the belt on Toni.” May can’t hold a feud because she’s not good enough. Toni had decent feuds with Deonna and Serena. Put May in Toni’s place and no one gives a shyt.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Is Mariah likely to hold the belt for long? Guess it depends how she does. I could see Toni taking a short break if she loses. Maybe until GS if not WD. Come back as not a new character but just different type of movie role.

Not sure if Mariah gonna have any challengers until then. I'm sure they'll have somebody step up.
if I were a betting man, I'd say if Mariah has the title, her first title defense will be against Mina :hubie:
Only wait to solidify her as a 'heel' and not just 'someone the fans are indifferent to but want to go away' would probably be to take out Toni, then have Mina pull up thinking things are sweet and get decimated as well. Would also give Mariah a comfortable first title program with someone she knows; which I could see them trying to give her.

If they linger that out a bit, I could see it being long enough to have Toni spin the block after a bit of time off and a gimmick shift :yeshrug:
Khan love booking in extended circles to kill time.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mariah May loses the title to two-tone-shorts Toni Storm :hubie:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Question, are y'all gonna be watching live at 1pm eastern or will y'all wait till later in the day?

I ask because I'm working that day and I'm worried about spoilers being thrown about.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
4bc640544845c1a8bf15769523d2b422.gif

IN! WATTUP TSC!!!!!:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Mina makes sense as a mini-feud for the next PPV, but I expect the match to be :huhldup:

I love me some Mina, but she’s far from the best talent in ring.

when it comes to other talent not involved in the feud, May might be exposed. Let’s see how it goes.