[8/19/23] AEW Collision: Flash The Revolver, Joe, Starks, Miro Speak; Darby vs. Christian; Switchblade, Willow in action

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I feel like the REAL championship is just gonna end up being a ROH Pure copycat eventually.

Which is cool, but creatively bankrupt

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I don't see how it can be both.
I feel like this whole Ricky cheating thing is a segue to them to adding stipulations to the title. Which is okay, but I just hope it's not so extreme where it over-influence matches into the same kind of match.

Removing dusty finishes and rope break takes away a lot of flexibility and unpredictability. The whole match judge thing/ time limit thing is quite intrusive in my opinion as well. It begins to only cater to one type of wrestler/match.

Granted... It will still put on some phenomenal, but formulaic matches for workhouse types that thrive on a competitive form of matches. Yet, it doesn't cater to all wrestling archetypes. It's why that I feel it is both. Pure championship was really cool at 1st, but has quickly lost it's appeal for me as the matches are kind of a one way road.

My only real worry is if that add some really bad rules that ruin matches like rounds that stop matches or non-finishes.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
IMG-6123.gif

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Show was mid as fukk honestly. What was up with all the jobber squashes? 1 or 2 is fine but feels like they had 4 or something. Main event was good tho, and I like what they're doing with Ricky Starks.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Tony is bending over backwards to accommodate a man giving him these kinds of results :mjlol:. You already know Philecia is going to snap if they sign Edge, and the arenas start selling out.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Tony is bending over backwards to accommodate a man giving him these kinds of results :mjlol:. You already know Philecia is going to snap if they sign Edge, and the arenas start selling out.

Phyllis surely is the word you were looking for breh :pachaha:

I dont know what the attendance was this week but to be fair this show been selling okay last few weeks and I seen some people noting that was drawing more tickets than Dynamite I think last week or the week before so its understandble. But then again they aint been clear cut draws in AEW for a prolonged period since last September (MJF and Cole are hot right now though but even that took time)

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Phyllis surely is the word you were looking for breh :pachaha:

I dont know what the attendance was this week but to be fair this show been selling okay last few weeks and I seen some people noting that was drawing more tickets than Dynamite I think last week or the week before so its understandble. But then again they aint been clear cut draws in AEW for a prolonged period since last September (MJF and Cole are hot right now though but even that took time)
I thought about it, but it felt too easy:lolbron:. If you're going to let Phil punk you then he better be doing more than okay. Drawing more than Dynamite isn't an accomplishment since that show is a full blown dumpster fire now, and it also doesn't help that he's looking completely washed now. I know you saw that GTS on Joe:russ:. The need to cancel Rampage and put Collision on Friday's, because there's no future in keeping it on Saturdays.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I thought about it, but it felt too easy:lolbron:. If you're going to let Phil punk you then he better be doing more than okay. Drawing more than Dynamite isn't an accomplishment since that show is a full blown dumpster fire now, and it also doesn't help that he's looking completely washed now. I know you saw that GTS on Joe:russ:. The need to cancel Rampage and put Collision on Friday's, because there's no future in keeping it on Saturdays.

Fridays at 10pm is not the wave for Collision especially when it means it’ll be pre taped

As for that GTS, people made a bigger deal of that than it was. Wether it was Joe’s weight or the mask being pulled that made the move that bad dismount it’s not like he’s been doing bad finishers week in and week so people gotta relax