8/14 PBC on SHO: John Riel Casimero vs Guillermo Rigondeaux (WBO Bantamweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I thought Rigo edged that but I get why he lost. He definitely should have pull the trigger more but we know the guy and his style.

However I dont think those shobox stats were accurate at all, Casemiro didnt land any clean power punches at all. He spent the night spamming that lead hook and missing it. As a matter of fact, the cleanest punches were Rigo's. But Rigo is too inactive, if he simply had 25% more offense output, he would have won it.

They are both responsible for this snooze fest and a draw would have been a better result. Rigo isnt active enough but there were plenty of moments when Rigo was stationary and Casimero did nothing. He tasted the power in round 2 and became wary.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Rigo could have definitely won that fight, I don’t know what the hell he was doing.. horrible gameplan.

As @LauderdaleBoss would say.. Cubans gonna Cuban :francis:

Tried telling ya'll last week that nikka trash and would lose.:mjlol:

fukk that running ass nikka and his weak ass boxing. :hhh:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I don't recall that being the reason he quit. Or was it?

I know favoritism but read on to remember they were both great amateurs who were champs and Rigo had the better record.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux - Wikipedia

But I see as many in this thread picked Rigo by KO

I seen boxers like him for decades. The moment they face someone who is not afraid to miss, not afraid of their power, and keep trying to apply pressure, they resort to survival. Slip, duck, bob & weave, hold, occasional jab and power punch to not get a warning.

Rinse, wash & repeat. That is why I picked Casimero (super limited guy) to win by decision. He's nothing super special. And Rigo proved it when he quit as well. That's the fight game.

rigo stans will always juelz about him moving up
But end of the day rigo took the fight and he got outboxed in the middle of the ring and QUIT without really being battered
Interestingly he actually engaged more in that fight than this one, that might have been due to Loma forcing the issue better tho

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this was first stumble in the PBC showtime cards this year..who knew rau'shee warren of all fukking ppl would be the lone highlight of last night
They tried, Donaire and his wiz ruined the fight acting like clowns. Last night was why they were so quick to originally sub Rigo outta there for Donaire.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps

Trending #3 video on YouTube and will finish with over 2,000,000 viewers in less than 24 hours. Boxing is byke

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Trending #3 video on YouTube and will finish with over 2,000,000 viewers in less than 24 hours. Boxing is byke

The Philippino fans are very loyal to their guys but I just can’t with this guy Casimero… super corny and not nearly as good as he and his biased fanbase think he is. Donaire is a class act compared to him and also a better fighter yet many of his countrymen on some nationalistic trip preferring Casimero to him. Their loss I guess? if they gonna fight Donaire will stop him imo.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The Philippino fans are very loyal to their guys but I just can’t with this guy Casimero… super corny and not nearly as good as he and his biased fanbase think he is. Donaire is a class act compared to him and also a better fighter yet many of his countrymen on some nationalistic trip preferring Casimero to him. Their loss I guess? if they gonna fight Donaire will stop him imo.

casimero's thing is he is an unorthodox fighter who has beaten other unorthodox fighters by KO...rigo made him look woefully one dimensional...however rigo did not make him pay.. i cant see monster or donaire not KO'ing him brutally