8/14 PBC on SHO: John Riel Casimero vs Guillermo Rigondeaux (WBO Bantamweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
i technically think rigo won- but i can see how the movement woulda turned off the judges. funny thing is casimero was just following without cutting off the ring or doing anything major. rigo controlled the pace the whole night but it looks like bad when you don't throw shots at all really.

i felt the judges wasn't trying to let this old head ruin the future plans of fights with casimero vs inoue and donaire though. i was cracking up when casimero would just stand in the middle of the ring waiting and rigo would match him- i'm like both of you dudes not doing nothing :russ:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Loma exposed a 118lber :mjlol:
I don't recall that being the reason he quit. Or was it?

I know favoritism but read on to remember they were both great amateurs who were champs and Rigo had the better record.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux - Wikipedia

But I see as many in this thread picked Rigo by KO

I seen boxers like him for decades. The moment they face someone who is not afraid to miss, not afraid of their power, and keep trying to apply pressure, they resort to survival. Slip, duck, bob & weave, hold, occasional jab and power punch to not get a warning.

Rinse, wash & repeat. That is why I picked Casimero (super limited guy) to win by decision. He's nothing super special. And Rigo proved it when he quit as well. That's the fight game.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I don't recall that being the reason he quit. Or was it?

I know favoritism but read on to remember they were both great amateurs who were champs and Rigo had the better record.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux - Wikipedia

But I see as many in this thread picked Rigo by KO

I seen boxers like him for decades. The moment they face someone who is not afraid to miss, not afraid of their power, and keep trying to apply pressure, they resort to survival. Slip, duck, bob & weave, hold, occasional jab and power punch to not get a warning.

Rinse, wash & repeat. That is why I picked Casimero (super limited guy) to win by decision. He's nothing super special. And Rigo proved it when he quit as well. That's the fight game.

You've made it known how you feel about Rigo, and it's a little strange how you feel a need to go on a tirade against him at every possible opportunity.

Rigo should've never fought at 130, and the circumstances that led to him doing so is a shameful side of boxing.

However, that has absolutely nothing to do with tonight's performance. He fought this way before Lomachenko, and after Lomachenko. You want to hate on Rigo, but we're just trying to break down the fight we saw tonight.

morris

Superstar
Daps
You've made it known how you feel about Rigo, and it's a little strange how you feel a need to go on a tirade against him at every possible opportunity.

Rigo should've never fought at 130, and the circumstances that led to him doing so is a shameful side of boxing.

However, that has absolutely nothing to do with tonight's performance. He fought this way before Lomachenko, and after Lomachenko. You want to hate on Rigo, but we're just trying to break down the fight we saw tonight.
and you guys your feelings about Rigo. And he does not always fight like that

but Imma leave it at that

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i technically think rigo won- but i can see how the movement woulda turned off the judges. funny thing is casimero was just following without cutting off the ring or doing anything major. rigo controlled the pace the whole night but it looks like bad when you don't throw shots at all really.

i felt the judges wasn't trying to let this old head ruin the future plans of fights with casimero vs inoue and donaire though. i was cracking up when casimero would just stand in the middle of the ring waiting and rigo would match him- i'm like both of you dudes not doing nothing :russ:
the problem with cutting off the ring is always that, when you cut him off in one direction, it leaves open the other direction. if you notice how rigondeaux was moving, he was circling to his right on his heels, and walking to back to his left, if casimero tried to hedge him. you can cut off the ring, yes, but you cant cut off both sides of the ring at the same time.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rigo could have definitely won that fight, I don’t know what the hell he was doing.. horrible gameplan.

As @LauderdaleBoss would say.. Cubans gonna Cuban :francis:

The issue is. Mauro and the Showtime crew were too busy spewing their nonsense to even properly call the fight. The fact that they used the word “running” was disgusting. And it helps keep dumb fans uneducated on the sport. So much so that when a defensive fighter avoids punches and makes a guy pay they just label it as running (not saying Rigo was making him pay)

Could Rigo have countered more and made Casimero pay for those misses, yes. Yet they took it a whole new low last night with the commentary.

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He has to be in the top 5 of elite boxing footwork. I enjoyed the fight for that reason alone. :manny: On some black Neo shyt foreal. Never seen somebody combo the ropes so much in one fight trying to hit a 40 + year old. Skill wise it’s not a comparison, but I wish he was a little more active and he could have came out on top. But I think Rigo was much more effective. You can complain all you want that your opponent is running, but you should be able to catch a 40+ year old. He couldn’t