78% OF AMERICANS HAVE SAVED $50,000 OR LESS FOR RETIREMENT

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
I'm fortunate to have a job that contributes up 7% dollar for dollar to your 401k and offer a pension. I currently contribute 5%. Next year I plan to go up 1%.

I know so many people that either cashed out their 401k or has borrowed from it. I get it emergencies happen but damn. Good luck.
Go up to 7% now and give yourself a 2% raise. Wtf breh...u won't even feel it if it's pretax weekly

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
All that money will be worthless anyway.
Inflation is destroying savings unless you get a big interest rate.

What's the point of enjoying life at 70 with all the knee and back problems?
stock market returns from various index funds have actually beat out inflation and high yield savings accounts been at 4-5% for a minute so if your savings/investments are not beating or keeping up with inflation your money hasn't been sitting in the right account.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Everyone in this thread is talking like tomorrow is guaranteed and promised. I have this and this saved for my retirement like every day someone your age or younger is croaking.

Enjoy life set a little aside but nothing is guaranteed brehs.

Alot of families dont even teach their kids about retirement or anything when they're kids...:francis: no financial planning no stocks nothing... I had to learn all that on my own...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Everyone in this thread is talking like tomorrow is guaranteed and promised. I have this and this saved for my retirement like every day someone your age or younger is croaking.

Enjoy life set a little aside but nothing is guaranteed brehs.

well if ur like me and have kids, we can't just spend all our money and not give a shyt about the future. I gotta worry about having something for the next generation.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
All that money will be worthless anyway.
Inflation is destroying savings unless you get a big interest rate.

What's the point of enjoying life at 70 with all the knee and back problems?

I dunno. my parents essentially been retired for 15 years now and all they do is travel, play golf and do whatever they want :blessed:

I've personally witnessed folks living great at 60+ for quite some time now.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I believe it. See a ton of hardship withdrawals from the 401k my employees get. Like a notification every month.
Supposed to save money for retirement with it and instead are costing themselves more in penalties. I just hope they have other investments

this is the result of most folks not having any type of emergency fund.

I had a foundation leak in my back wall of my house this summer and I paid out of pocket for waterproofing and then to fix the drywall which got wet and moldy this summer alone. I used my groupme neighborhood app to get recommendations for people who could fix it and thru that, I found one guy to do the waterproofing and another to do the drywall/painting/insulation replacement. and both were black to boot.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
It's hard for folks to put money aside for the future when they living check to check. I totally get it. I remember when I was younger and living on my own someone told me to put 20% away every check. I looked at him like he was crazy I got bills brah. During that time I was putting in like 3-5%. The older I got the more I wished I stopped buying BS and I could have put 9% or around that. But now I'm looking at my retirement account and I'm more than satisfied with it and I can gage I'll be a Millionaire by the time I retire at 60. My goal is to retire at 55 so I got some gains to get to where I'm conformable with .

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
If I'm not mistaken, immigrants pay into social security but they don't receive the benefits
They get an ITN and they pay into ALL the funds........don't receive anything in return........politicians raid the funds for other things they aint got no business doing which is why they want to privatize so bad so they can really steal without a care......all that run out chatter is to cover the theft...........most people die before they collect.........fund should be flush with money........they still trying to push back retirement age so more people can die before collecting........I make good money, but I already know I'm working well past retirement just to be greedy........all that old people shyt people talk about doing don't appeal to me and I have already complete my bucket list and many other people's many times over........I'm paying off my house and then I'm hoarding money like smaug.........