$70 million dollar HS stadium opens 4 miles from the $60M dollar one

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Ain't nobody and I mean nobody seeing St. John's College HS fb team and schedule this year :mjlit:

Johns Creek (GA) 49 - skunk
Hoover (AL)
Central (Mia, FL)
IMG (FL)
Marietta (GA)
Christian Brothers (Stl, MO)
McNamara (WCAC)
Good Counsel (WCAC)
DeMatha (WCAC)
Gonzaga College (WCAC)

:wow:

Hoover lowkey overrated in AL. They still good but they’re riding off of legacy.

Thompson and Central (Phenix City) are both better IMO

And Central got like 10 4/5 Star players every year :why:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
What them college enrollment numbers looking like tho...and the caliber of colleges students from those schools get into? :sas1: academics better be on point to be dropping all this on athletics.

I mean if you got it, but it’s ridiculous that schools can spend 10’s of millions on stadiums while some high schools can’t afford supplies or to offer AP classes :smh:

considered one the better high schools in the metroplex. majority white and middle and upper middle class, though they say its 44% minorities. they send players to major schools all over. Got em in the League too.

"The state championship showdown between Lake Travis and Allen on Saturday will feature plenty of next-level talent, based on the players who are expected to sign national letters of intent during the early signing period that opens Wednesday.

Lake Travis has two seniors — quarterback Matthew Baldwin and kicker Cameron dikker — who will sign Thursday at an on-campus ceremony.

Baldwin, who has thrown for 3,842 yards and 44 touchdowns this fall, decommitted from Colorado State last month and will sign with Ohio State. dikker is a Texas Longhorns pledge who has made 32 of 41 field-goal attempts and 230 of 233 extra-point attempts in his three-year varsity football career. He has a career-long field goal of 53 yards.

Allen, one of the most heavily recruited schools in Texas, will have a busy signing week. The Eagles expect at least eight players to sign, including Brock Sturges, running back, Arizona State; CJ Johnson, defensive back, Texas State; Jevon Jones, defensive back, Arkansas State; Colton Manning, defensive back, Houston Baptist; Carson Schleker, receiver, Iowa State; Trey Stratford, offensive lineman, Stanford; and Jack Topping, offensive lineman, Army.

The Class 6A, Division I final between the teams also will feature two of the top junior receivers in the country in Theo Wease of Allen and Garrett Wilson of Lake Travis.

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound Wease is rated as a five-star recruit by 247Sports, and he’s ranked as the second-best receiver and the fourth-best overall prospect in the state for his class. The 6-foot, 180-pound Wilson is a four-star recruit who’s ranked as the 14th-best overall prospect in the 2019 class by 247Sports."

Lake Travis, Allen rosters dotted with projected FBS signees

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Man them Texas kids can't play a lick of defense. They soft

Ironic you have Euless Trinity in your post. Them Samoans and Tongans and Brothers hurt fools. Probably one of the few schools left that still get it the physical way with a serious ground game and good defense. Lotta Samoans. Played them my senior yr and I believe they either won the 5A Title that year or I know they at least played for it.

Here's when they went to Washington to play Bellevue. Budda Baker who plays safety for the Cardinals was on the Bellevue team.

And this is when #1 ranked De La Salle came out from Northern Cali and got schooled in the fine art of Shoulder Pad and Helmet.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I just don't understand being that interested in H.S. football. I can't see myself growing up to be a 45-year old dude and cheering on some 16-year olds. At least college they are mostly grown men.

cause unlike NCAA and NFL its your hood vs another hood :wow:

Its a south thing breh

We got whole message boards dedicated to HS football in GA. Im sure Texas, Bama, Louisiana and other states do as well

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Hoover lowkey overrated in AL. They still good but they’re riding off of legacy.

Thompson and Central (Phenix City) are both better IMO

And Central got like 10 4/5 Star players every year :why:

Those Florida schools are really the only ones that come to Texas and give us problems. Central, B.T. Washington, St. Thomas Aquinas. They've all come down and represented Florida football like they were supposed to.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
cause unlike NCAA and NFL its your hood vs another hood :wow:

Its a south thing breh

We got whole message boards dedicated to HS football in GA. Im sure Texas, Bama, Louisiana and other states do as well

Yep the 6A board down here in my Beloved Texas is one of the ones I check out. But there's quite a few.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Man if I went to that school and we don’t have the finest of foods and technology for classes, I’m talking about Damn google glass on every desk and shyt and school issued kindles for books I’d be pissed

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I just don't understand being that interested in H.S. football. I can't see myself growing up to be a 45-year old dude and cheering on some 16-year olds. At least college they are mostly grown men.
Because they live vicariously through these kids. A lot of their supporters use to go to the school and HS was the highlight of their life, especially for former players who didn't play college ball. Watch Friday Night Lights. :wow:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
just remember this next time you hear about school districts without rich alumni bases struggling to fix holes in the roof, get rid of mold, and provide usable facilities to students
Reminds me of Friday Night lights when tammy wanted to use the money allotted to a Jumbotron Screen for textbooks and the boosters tried to fire her ass :pachaha:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
considered one the better high schools in the metroplex. majority white and middle and upper middle class, though they say its 44% minorities. they send players to major schools all over. Got em in the League too.

"The state championship showdown between Lake Travis and Allen on Saturday will feature plenty of next-level talent, based on the players who are expected to sign national letters of intent during the early signing period that opens Wednesday.

Lake Travis has two seniors — quarterback Matthew Baldwin and kicker Cameron dikker — who will sign Thursday at an on-campus ceremony.

Baldwin, who has thrown for 3,842 yards and 44 touchdowns this fall, decommitted from Colorado State last month and will sign with Ohio State. dikker is a Texas Longhorns pledge who has made 32 of 41 field-goal attempts and 230 of 233 extra-point attempts in his three-year varsity football career. He has a career-long field goal of 53 yards.

Allen, one of the most heavily recruited schools in Texas, will have a busy signing week. The Eagles expect at least eight players to sign, including Brock Sturges, running back, Arizona State; CJ Johnson, defensive back, Texas State; Jevon Jones, defensive back, Arkansas State; Colton Manning, defensive back, Houston Baptist; Carson Schleker, receiver, Iowa State; Trey Stratford, offensive lineman, Stanford; and Jack Topping, offensive lineman, Army.

The Class 6A, Division I final between the teams also will feature two of the top junior receivers in the country in Theo Wease of Allen and Garrett Wilson of Lake Travis.

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound Wease is rated as a five-star recruit by 247Sports, and he’s ranked as the second-best receiver and the fourth-best overall prospect in the state for his class. The 6-foot, 180-pound Wilson is a four-star recruit who’s ranked as the 14th-best overall prospect in the 2019 class by 247Sports."

Lake Travis, Allen rosters dotted with projected FBS signees
Im talking about the student body, not players. All that for a stadium, your academics and reach into top schools for your general student body better be on point. Kids better be getting into Stanford, Harvard, Yale, MIT, UT Austin etc.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Because they live vicariously through these kids. A lot of their supporters use to go to the school and HS was the highlight of their life, especially for former players who didn't play college ball. Watch Friday Night Lights. :wow:

Or maybe they just love football and it's more accessible than a college or pro game. And like you said most of the fans are alumni or have some kinda connection to the school and/or town.

Different than college where most of the fans are just fans and didn't attend the school or have anyone playing.