70,000 people stranded at Burning Man; declared National emergency, running out of water

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
unbridled level of ignorance…you asked a million questions then want to say something when you get an explanation lmao

So do you know what burning man is about or are you clueless like me? From what i gathering in this thread, even the people in here explaining what burning man is dont know what the hell burning man is about. We really acting like its cool for people to pay money to go in the middle of the desert to do something they can do in the comfort of their own home just to say they were at an event. 70,000 people too and more coming in just to say they went to "burning man". Only in america.

If im not mistaken, isnt burning some large piece of wood what they do at burning man? I could be wrong but folks really having a annual event going out in the middle of the desert in the summertime to see a piece of wood burn to contribute to air pollution? Really?

Last edited:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Burning Man conditions are bordering on disaster with over 70,000 people trapped and sheltering-in-place after rains turned the playa into an undrivable mud pit.
0012000001fxZm9AAE

On Friday night (Sep. 1), organizers were forced to shut down the festival’s gate and airport, halting access in and out of the playa. All scheduled burns for Friday night were canceled. As of 8 a.m. on Saturday (Sep. 2), the gate and airport remained closed and festival goers were being told to shelter-in-place. People are not being permitted to drive cars or bikes around the festival except for emergency vehicles. With rain in the forecast through Sunday (Sep. 3), Burners were being told to conserve resources.
“If you are in BRC, conserve food and water, shelter in a warm space,” warned festival organizers according to the Reno Gazette Journal. The news site reported that 73,000 people (a larger population than the city of Santa Cruz) are currently at the festival.
Some Burners were resorting to prayer, begging “Playa gods, please stop, we want to go home.”
As of 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, the Burning Man webcam was unavailable. Cell phone access is always extremely limited at the event.
As rough as it sounds, conditions could become even worse. AccuWeather is predicting an 84% chance of rain for Black Rock City on Saturday with a 24% chance of thunderstorms. Both rain and thunderstorms are even more likely on Sunday.
Scott McGuire, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service’s Reno office, said on Friday that even a one-hundredth of an inch of rain can cause problems for the festival grounds. As much as 0.33 inches of rain could fall on Sunday alone.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
So do you know what burning man is about or are you clueless like me? From what i gathering in this thread, even the people in here explaining what burning man is dont know what the hell burning man is about. We really acting like its cool for people to pay money to go in the middle of the desert to do something they can do in the comfort of their home. 70,000 people too and more coming in just to say they went to "burning man". Only in america
Reno is the closest intl airport to burning man. It about 100miles ne from herr

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
But Chris Rock made it out

You couldn’t pay me to do this, even if it wasn’t flooded.

:mjlol: Ain’t no way anyone that’s black. Would willingly go with a group of white people. To a festival named “Burning Man”. Chris out here moving different smh best believe. That shyt would quickly turn into some Wickerman/Midsummer shyt. And your black ass is going to be the sacrificial lamb.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess drinking/drugging/participating in orgies while dancing naked amidst a burning effigy is supposed to be cool if u only do it (openly) once a year? :manny:

edit: seems God is kinda lowkey trying to convey his feelings on the matter...:lupe:

Aint that what these folks do regularly at home and amongst themselves anyway? That shyt is dumb.

Last edited: