[7/3/24] AEW Dynamite Beach Break Edition: Danielson/PAC, Ospreay/Garcia, Owen Tournament Continues, Sharks (probably) and More!

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
So who do you think is the wildcard?

I’m going with Hangman

Since the by far most prevailing theory is that the wildcard is Hangman, my alternate pick is Ricochet or Dijak

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Isn't it weird how when you start announcing shyt that's gonna be on the show.... that tickets start moving? :ohhh:

the ospreay and garcia match, the jeff jarret and wildcard match, willow and stat, and the Pac vs FD winner match were known from before the ppv. so not sure if those may have affected the bump in ticket sales today or if something else did. maybe they lowered the prices? who knows. I know its much easier to have a big bump in ticket sales like that in chicago vs other small towns they usually hit up. The metro area has nearly 10 million people vs that Omaha area where they ran a show recently that has 1.5 million. Better odds of finding wrestling fans in the Chi. Not to mention that I see its in Wintrust. Which is near downtown by Soldier Field. Think it was a better choice than the United Center which is much bigger. But at least its not at the Sears Centre or whatever that damn arena is called way out in the boondocks. When I went there for the first All In and stayed in the downtown area it was a mission getting all the way out there. So having the show in this arena thats near a more congested population area def has its benefits.

The cheapest seats look to be $30 which isn't a bad deal to enjoy a Dynamite in person.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I’m going with Hangman

Since the by far most prevailing theory is that the wildcard is Hangman, my alternate pick is Ricochet or Dijak
Would be tone deaf as fucck to beat Jeff tonight after the reaction to his sit down.

I know he not winning it but he should at least make a run.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I’m going with Hangman

Hangman makes the most sense in terms of story, both for The Elite and a Swerve match. But I gotta be honest, I don't think people want to see Page defeat Danielson AGAIN to get that spot (though I guess that could give him more heel heat?).

It also makes no sense to give Page the belt at All In, so basically you are gonna make him go 0-3-1 against Swerve for a predictable outcome. And I'm not sure that's the right call. A Hangman title match against Swerve should be booked when there's a real sense that he could win (regardless if he takes the L anyway), imo. That shyt could actually sell tickets.

I could be wrong though, as the Hangman/Swerve feud was a real highlight of the past 8 months in AEW. I just think that a title match at All In doesn't really fit as the stakes feel kind of hollow.

Last edited: