7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps

Breadman said exactly what I said. Bud needs to punch with Spence. And that's because Bread knows Spence is most vulnerable in exchanges. I'm looking forward to seeing who executes their plan better

Can he though? No Welterweight in the history of boxing has the same punch output round per round as Errol Spence. His whole thing is impose his will on them and don't let up, high guard, wear you down like a swarm of bees constantly on you, you suffocate under the pressure.

Crawford gets the stoppage in the later rounds imv, but I can easily see Spence winning by either unanimous or stoppage too.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Can he though? No Welterweight in the history of boxing has the same punch output round per round as Errol Spence. His whole thing is impose his will on them and don't let up, high guard, wear you down like a swarm of bees constantly on you, you suffocate under the pressure.

Crawford gets the stoppage in the later rounds imv, but I can easily see Spence winning by either unanimous or stoppage too.
With Crawford's countering ability, it was be unwise for Spence to have a normal high output. He needs to be measured & smart in his approach & the pressure on him. It's probably the same reason Porter didn't all out war against him giving him those types of opportunities. At some point, Bud will catch him in an exchange. I wanna see what happens when it does

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Breadman said exactly what I said. Bud needs to punch with Spence. And that's because Bread knows Spence is most vulnerable in exchanges. I'm looking forward to seeing who executes their plan better

Punching with fighters is probably bud's greatest skill. It's when he gets the majority of his KO's. That's why when porter finally stopped fighting cautious and stepped on the gas he ended up getting hurt. That's exactly what bud was waiting for.

With Spence he's not gonna have to wait. Spence doesn't know how to fight cautious. So bud will have plenty of opportunities to catch him in between shots. And best believe he's not gonna hesitate to do exactly that.

crawford-ko-brook.gif

5-CEFD171-EED5-43-D0-852-B-F7-FB9-F88-E13-C.gif

yRrNaF.gif

IMG-7450.gif

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Mikey García fight?
I think Spence fought more controlled but I wouldn't say cautious. After the first 2 rounds he was on mikey's ass. It looked like a typical Spence performance. He was still doing a lot of lunging in that fight if you rewatch. He gave Mikey plenty of opportunities to counter him. Mikey just wasn't good enough to capitalize.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

With Crawford's countering ability, it was be unwise for Spence to have a normal high output. He needs to be measured & smart in his approach & the pressure on him. It's probably the same reason Porter didn't all out war against him giving him those types of opportunities. At some point, Bud will catch him in an exchange. I wanna see what happens when it does

Punching with fighters is probably bud's greatest skill. It's when he gets the majority of his KO's. That's why when porter finally stopped fighting cautious and stepped on the gas he ended up getting hurt. That's exactly what bud was waiting for.

With Spence he's not gonna have to wait. Spence doesn't know how to fight cautious. So bud will have plenty of opportunities to catch him in between shots. And best believe he's not gonna hesitate to do exactly that.

crawford-ko-brook.gif

5-CEFD171-EED5-43-D0-852-B-F7-FB9-F88-E13-C.gif

yRrNaF.gif

IMG-7450.gif
Spence doesn't fight at one tempo, he changes tempos and he builds volume. He doesn't start out round 1 with the same volume, pressure and tempo as round 6 or 8. With the exception of the Ugas fight, where he upped the tempo by round 4 or 5, Spence usually doesn't up the tempo until round 8. It's dumb as hell to say he doesn't fight cautiously. People who say that don't see or recognize the nuance in his game. You would think Spence is the one who hasn't fought at this level, when it's the opposite. I think Spence is all wrong for Crawford, and the only thing making this a toss up fight is Spence has racked up a lot of injuries these last few years. I just need to see where Spence's legs are by round 5. If he is the same, or even looks better than Ugas fight, I think he stops Crawford in the late rounds.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Spence doesn't fight at one tempo, he changes tempos and he builds volume. He doesn't start out round 1 with the same volume, pressure and tempo as round 6 or 8. With the exception of the Ugas fight, where he upped the tempo by round 4 or 5, Spence usually doesn't up the tempo until round 8. It's dumb as hell to say he doesn't fight cautiously. People who say that don't see or recognize the nuance in his game. You would think Spence is the one who hasn't fought at this level, when it's the opposite. I think Spence is all wrong for Crawford, and the only thing making this a toss up fight is Spence has racked up a lot of injuries these last few years. I just need to see where Spence's legs are by round 5. If he is the same, or even looks better than Ugas fight, I think he stops Crawford in the late rounds.
By round 2/3 Spence is usually rolling & doing what he does. Also, he trains at the same tempo he fights at. With the exception of the Mikey Garcia fight, Spence always eats clean shots from his opponent. This is a fact & if he stays true to that, I can see Crawford hurting him at some point if not stopping him

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Saying Spence doesn't fight cautiously doesn't mean he doesn't fight smart. He's obviously a high IQ fighter. But he's not a play it safe fighter fighter by any means. And it's dumb as hell to think otherwise. By saying he doesn't fight cautiously means he's not gonna sit back and wait for his opponent to give him openings. He's gonna create those openings by applying pressure. Even if it means he takes punches in the process.

That's been his motto from the beginning. He's never not been that fighter. He's never not been willing to take 2 punches in order to land 1. That's not fighting cautious. shyt, go up to Spence and ask him if he's gonna fight cautiously and he'll prolly laugh in your face :mjlol: .....And he wears that badge proudly. He's always been proud of being the guy that's willing to step into the fire and break a man's will even it means taking damage. And he's lived by that rep in all of his biggest fights. Which is also why he got touched up plenty in all of those fights. By brook, by danny, by porter, by ugas. And this fight will be no different.

Bud KO/TKO 9

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Saying Spence doesn't fight cautiously doesn't mean he doesn't fight smart. He's obviously a high IQ fighter. But he's not a play it safe fighter fighter by any means. And it's dumb as hell to think otherwise. By saying he doesn't fight cautiously means he's not gonna sit back and wait for his opponent to give him openings. He's gonna create those openings by applying pressure. Even if it means he takes punches in the process.

That's been his motto from the beginning. He's never not been that fighter. He's never not been willing to take 2 punches in order to land 1. That's not fighting cautious. shyt, go up to Spence and ask him if he's gonna fight cautiously and he'll prolly laugh in your face :mjlol: .....And he wears that badge proudly. He's always been proud of being the guy that's willing to step into the fire and break a man's will even it means taking damage. And he's lived by that rep in all of his biggest fights. Which is also why he got touched up plenty in all of those fights. By brook, by danny, by porter, by ugas. And this fight will be no different.

Bud KO/TKO 9
You don't know what you're talking about. Let's see what happens.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
You're right in saying Spence doesn't start in rnd 1 with a high tempo/punch output, as we all know professional boxing isn't really structured that way, amateurs however.

But he does hit his highest punch outputs as the rounds go up a gear, his the mid to middle/late rounds (4-11.) He throws more punches than any of the other boxers in his weight class in this period. This isn't my opinion, it's backed by the punch statistics.

Spence got a great lead hand, high guard.

Crawfords check hook is a great punch, and he's exceptional with it moving backwards off the third step. If he can get it going early it could change where the fight goes. Both their lead hands will be crucial, that's if Crawford fights southpaw.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
You're right in saying Spence doesn't start in rnd 1 with a high tempo/punch output, as we all know professional boxing isn't really structured that way, amateurs however.

But he does hit his highest punch outputs as the rounds go up a gear, his the mid to middle/late rounds (4-11.) He throws more punches than any of the other boxers in his weight class in this period. This isn't my opinion, it's backed by the punch statistics.

Spence got a great lead hand, high guard.

Crawfords check hook is a great punch, and he's exceptional with it moving backwards off the third step. If he can get it going early it could change where the fight goes. Both their lead hands will be crucial, that's if Crawford fights southpaw.
Wasn't disagreeing with your take. More or less was adding to what you were saying. Some people in this thread really are equating him to a reckless brawler, and that's not him at all.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Porter and Bradley doing all these videos praying Crawford wins..giving him vital tips and everyone bringing up the car wreck as a indication is destined to lose..I saw what Virgil Hunter said..but he did give props to both.

Last edited: