[7/19/23] AEW Dynamite BLOOD & GUTS: GOATa Ibushi debuts to reform Golden Elite, PAC returns, MJF/Cole double clothesline Garcia/Guevara, and more

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Ibushi definitely looked bad. He completely missed some of those kicks

:bryan:

The match itself went up tho. I’m surprised you didn’t like it. I didn’t even mind the weird finish, I was entertained by the violent fukkery.
The curse of high expectations. I thought it was a mediocre War Games match that went at least 20 minutes too long for what they ended up doing in the ring. The nail board and glass were the only things worth noting but couldn't save the match as a whole (if it was shorter it could've have done it maybe).

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
The curse of high expectations. I thought it was a mediocre War Games match that went at least 20 minutes too long for what they ended up doing in the ring. The nail board and glass were the only things worth noting but couldn't save the match as a whole (if it was shorter it could've have done it maybe).

Its hard to keep the flow when you gotta take commercial breaks all the time

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Its hard to keep the flow when you gotta take commercial breaks all the time
And that last hour had a lot more commercial breaks than usual. Or at least it seemed to.

And they went to a full commercial break with like 8 minutes left, which was horrendous timing. Don’t know how much sway AEW has on timing those breaks out during an hour long match but TK needs to tell WBD to cut out shyt like that last break.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I saw it without commercial breaks via FITE :manny:

I'd argue that last night's match might've had a hard time keeping the flow because it didn't have any flow to it.
They aren't going to do anything significance during a commercial break so even if you're on the commercial free stream the commercial breaks are still going to disrupt the flow and what not.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
On the real, if you do not have FITE (US brehs VPN to get Dub Plus). You are basically getting a advertisement dream with the wargames match as a added bonus.

Think about it, a whole entire hour of ads, commercials, and "Shark Tank" marketing for folks to bytch and eat up, yet will get the experience of guts and blood :mjgrin:. This is why these shows need to be on PPV, because once you peel the bullshyt away, you get a cheap ploy to please the suits.

Don't get me started with that abrupt ending because they went into overtime and had the wrestlers like that episode of Ren and Stimpy when the wrestlers had to "wrap it up" :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They aren't going to do anything significance during a commercial break so even if you're on the commercial free stream the commercial breaks are still going to disrupt the flow and what not.
Lies. I've seen a good number of TV matches from AEW were the TV breaks are actually pretty damn fun. Heels getting good heat by either beating the fukk out of the babyface or just milking the crowd to get loud reactions.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It's crazy that modern wrestling has yet to make the war games match work.

NXT's weak ass neutered version with mfs just hitting eachother across the back with kendo sticks and everyone standing around waiting to get hit with a moonsault off the top of the cage is some wack ass shyt.

While AEW's version is just lame ass garbage wrestling shyt.

I still prefer AEW's version over NXT as they at least capture the brutality but there's still too much focus on weapons and other dumb shyt.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's crazy that modern wrestling has yet to make the war games match work.

NXT's weak ass neutered version with mfs just hitting eachother across the back with kendo sticks and everyone standing around waiting to get hit with a moonsault off the top of the cage is some wack ass shyt.

While AEW's version is just lame ass garbage wrestling shyt.

I still prefer AEW's version over NXT as they at least capture the brutality but there's still too much focus on weapons and other dumb shyt.
It's because these new cats can't brawl so the fighting looks wack. They end up just having a normal match until they get to the high spots(NXT) or the death match garbage spots(AEW) to fill time. They both suck. It can't go away and I'd be fine.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
We are living in a time where Konosuke Takeshyta is somehow a better worker, promo and in better shape than Kota fukking Ibushi.

That's insane.

What is even happening anymore?

Take making Kota pay for abandoning the DDT movement :wow: . Now yall fukking wombats going to realize the gawds of this wrestling shyt from the GOAT himself:

%E9%AB%98%E6%9C%A8%E4%B8%89%E5%9B%9B%E9%83%8Efire.jpg