[7/19/23] AEW Dynamite BLOOD & GUTS: GOATa Ibushi debuts to reform Golden Elite, PAC returns, MJF/Cole double clothesline Garcia/Guevara, and more

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Jade needed to tell a new story, just like Hook & Bianca
The bad thing is that Jade didn't get a storyline to make her title loss seem important. It should've been a big event, but it felt really flat.
If Jade was going to lose, then Tony Khan could've delayed Jade's vacation by a week or two so that she could've demanded her champion's rematch and suffered an "injury" during that match, which would've explained her absence. With as much as Jade did to promote AEW & the TBS Title, she at least deserved a good send off in return.
Instead, Jade lost and disappeared. No follow up. Nothing. If it weren't for the dirt sheets (and TSC), we wouldn't know where she was.
Bianca got a road back to the championship storyline. Brit Baker got training montages when she injured her leg. We saw video packages of Raven at his wealthy parents' home while he took time off. Roman Reigns has his Bloodline to advance his storylines during his absences.
Jade could've easily gotten the same.
Hopefully, Will Washington handles Jade's comeback so she doesn't return to crickets.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Sounds like the generic, "I'm trying to be better" type of comment to me. Someone also asked her if she's looking to be back any time soon and she said no. Her IG is literally just pictures of her on vacation with her daughter and husband now too.
Well yeah, Cause he just killed her hot run dead for no reason and got no one over in the process doing so.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Well yeah, Cause he just killed her hot run dead for no reason and got no one over in the process doing so.

Breh, she was supposed to drop the title to Statlander like a year ago but Stat got hurt. They were clearly building to that. So they kept the title on Jade while Statlander healed up, and it was clear they had no new direction because the run got stale & she had no new opponents because she ran through everyone already other than Stat. She likely stayed on as champ because no one other than Statlander made sense to beat her. They could've had Shida, Toni Storm, Jamie Hayter or DMD beat her, but they clearly wanted to make Stat.

Did they do the title change well? Nah. But let's not act like Jade ain't there because she's disgruntled over a title. She's clearly taking time off.

Silkk

Daps
Breh, she was supposed to drop the title to Statlander like a year ago but Stat got hurt. They were clearly building to that. So they kept the title on Jade while Statlander healed up, and it was clear they had no new direction because the run got stale & she had no new opponents because she ran through everyone already other than Stat. She likely stayed on as champ because no one other than Statlander made sense to beat her. They could've had Shida, Toni Storm, Jamie Hayter or DMD beat her, but they clearly wanted to make Stat.

Did they do the title change well? Nah. But let's not act like Jade ain't there because she's disgruntled over a title. She's clearly taking time off.
How did the run get stale & she run through everyone if she never wrestled any of the people you named (or Saraya)?

He did the exact same shyt to Miro. Fuccking up the momentum of one of your hottest acts and getting no one over in the process.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
didn't help that they banished her to Rampage 80% of the time

Half of y'all clowned Jade matches for her being too green, botching or working too slow. So they put her on the taped show to work that stuff out, and y'all still complaining :francis:

Silkk

Daps
Because those are already established stars that gained nothing from beating Jade. They wanted to make someone else by beating Jade.
Im saying by beating them it makes Jade become the legit top female wrestler there. But that never happened.

They made no one by beating Jade. Nobody gives a fucck about bum ass Kris Statlander.

If they wanted to make someone then maybe give the W to Kiera Hogan or finally let Red Velvet beat her like how Darby finally beat Cody.

TK completely fuccked it :manny:

When WWE fuccked up Asuka & Ryback’s win streaks they were at least challenging the top wrestlers for a title.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Half of y'all clowned Jade matches for her being too green, botching or working too slow. So they put her on the taped show to work that stuff out, and y'all still complaining :francis:

I don't recall ever commenting on her work so I'm not sure why you're grouping me in with other people. If the company feels someone isn't good enough to wrestle a match on the actual show, they should keep them off TV or make them a bodyguard. I feel the same way about Hook who isn't much better now after all this time even though they did the same thing with him.

based on what I've seen of Britt Baker's matches the last few months, she's not much better than Jade despite her having years more experience

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Im saying by beating them it makes Jade become the legit top female wrestler there. But that never happened.

They made no one by beating Jade. Nobody gives a fucck about bum ass Kris Statlander.

If they wanted to make someone then maybe give the W to Kiera Hogan or finally let Red Velvet beat her like how Darby finally beat Cody.

TK completely fuccked it :manny:

When WWE fuccked up Asuka & Ryback’s win streaks they were at least challenging the top wrestlers for a title.

I personally think Jade should return as a babyface and go after the main women's title. I don't know if TK is saving it for Jamie Hayter to win back at All In, but Jade coming back as a babyface & going after Toni Storm could work. She needs to move on from the TBS title because it ended up being an anchor for her after awhile.

Silkk

Daps
I personally think Jade should return as a babyface and go after the main women's title. I don't know if TK is saving it for Jamie Hayter to win back at All In, but Jade coming back as a babyface & going after Toni Storm could work. She needs to move on from the TBS title because it ended up being an anchor for her after awhile.
We’ll see. Just seems clear somebody doesn’t want her at their table (my guess would be DMD)

I’d rather see her in WWE tbh.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
We’ll see. Just seems clear somebody doesn’t want her at their table (my guess would be DMD)

I’d rather see her in WWE tbh.

Maybe. But those two do press together quite a bit. I think TK just booked himself into a bad spot with Jade, and now she has the freedom to do anything whenever she comes back.

I don't think she's ever going to WWE. She already gave the reason why she didn't after her tryout at the PC before signing with AEW. They said that they wouldn't let her take time off to spend with her daughter if she were to ask for a break. They specifically told her, "we're your family now", which rubbed her the wrong way. She also doesn't need to wrestle at all. She's set in life financially and is doing wrestling because she thinks it's fun.

That's partly why I think TK giving her this long hiatus is something she wanted. Because she specifically mentioned that was the reason she didn't sign with WWE.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Blood and guts match was legit trash :scust:

50 minutes wasted honestly

Ibushi looked washed :gucci:

Them kicks weren’t even connecting

Just underwhelming. Hell only Mox was taking some cool bumps and shyt and he’s addicted to pain

:francis: I was bummed at the fact that I missed Blood and Gutz, but something told me that it wasn't worth the time and effort, so I ended up playing WWE 2K with the Joey.

Seen the Youtube clips :picard:

• Kota looking like hot dog rolls
  • Most of the "hardcore" spots wasn't needed
  • It felt like a high budget CZW deathmatch (I mean that in the worst way possible)
  • That awkward ass ending
It just felt like a misguided match. It should have been a clash between grapple, catch can, Pride shyt vs modern flippy dippy shyt with some props.

Instead, it was just a mixed bag of Khan bullshyt and Moxley's addiction to bleeding on people.