[7/15 - 8-13]NJPW Presents: G1 Climax 33

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
6.5k for Night 1 at Sumo Hall. Not good but expected considering the state of the company right now, it's what they used to get for Night 1 when they ran three straight shows there.

The Finals are so hilariously Gedo :russ: :russ:
I see Ospreay vs. Omega III and Okada vs. Danielson II happening at WK so that leaves Naito to win the G1 and challenge Sanada.
That sounds good. I just hate that Sanada gets to keep with worthless belt. His run is so meaningless that if those matches happen at WK, the IWGP title match would be by far the one with the least importance of the three.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Ospreay and Eddie having the runs of their lives :banderas:

Heavyweight Ospreay is truly next level, dude won me over 300%. Can't believe his knees haven't exploded. Youth movement in full effect and it looks like they have a good future with Tsuji, Shooter, Kidd, Coughlin. I think Tsuji is the standout, but I hate the headbutt and he uses thigh slaps a lot more than I usually see out of puro guys for some reason. I'm never watching an EVIL match again as long as I live, and Sanada finally getting the title and being about the same level as Miz in 2011 is hilarious. Not a fukking chance I'm watching that match.

I was pretty :why: at all the talk of Naito like he's borderline Tana level of past his prime and not having another G1 or WK, but that type of talk was directed at basically all of the native talent over 35. I get that they're on the big youth wave, but it was pretty odd to me talking about how unlikely it was for any of those guys to be at this level again like busted and broken down Tana (who had been talked about as busted and broken down for basically a decade now) didn't win the G1 AND WK main event just a couple of years ago. Sanada or Evil vs Naito headlining the dome in 2024 sounds lmao.

Stuff I enjoyed this year, after skipping the last 2-3 years of G1 entirely:

Kiyomiya vs Tsuji
Tachi vs Ospreay
Finlay vs Ishii
Kingston vs Shingo
ZSJ vs Tana
Cobb vs Naito
Henare vs Shingo
Ospreay vs KENTA
Kiyomiya vs Shota
Okada vs Taichi
Kingston vs Henare
Shingo vs Ishii
Ospreay vs O-Khan
Shota vs Gabe Kidd
Sanada vs Kiyomiya
Kingston vs Ishii
Haste vs Naito
Cobb vs ZSJ
Kiyomiya vs Kidd
Ospreay vs Okada
Shota vs Tsuji
Henare vs Ishii
Naito vs ZSJ
Shingo vs Finlay
Ospreay vs ELP
Kingston vs Finlay
Ospreay vs Finlay
Okada vs ZSJ
Naito vs Ospreay

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
ELP should have been Bullet Club leader over David Finaly. I like the youth movement they are doing with BC because NJPW desperately needs to start getting over and building more younger talent with the ages of most of the top roster talent, but Finlay is a bum.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Just started catching up on the best G1 matches now that the G1 is over, will rate by :whew: smilies. One = a 4.0, 2 = a 4.5, 3 = a 5.0

ELP vs. Ospreay :whew::whew:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
ELP should have been Bullet Club leader over David Finaly. I like the youth movement they are doing with BC because NJPW desperately needs to start getting over and building more younger talent with the ages of most of the top roster talent, but Finlay is a bum.
Truly believe Karl Fredericks was next up. They were going to push him before COVID. I think want to see if Finlay can level up as the leader.
Breh is still mid as fukk.:mjlol: .