7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

drifter

Superstar
Daps
If i recall most of us didnt want Harden breh. He came and was tearing shyt up so we forgot about it.

It was only 1-2 against it while the rest understood what you get with Harden at the time and that it was a no brainer. One who didn't like is that one you're talking to

All this brings two points 1) who cares what anybody wanted, 2) nobody "forgot" shyt. Nobody could say shyt bc Harden carried us while KD was hurt and Kyrie was wherever. Jarret & Caris weren't and still can't do what he did and if you didn't like Harden you just didn't have much opportunity to say shyt

Now after it looks like there's possibly slight decline with Harden nikkas wanna come in on some told you so shyt, where was all this last year when we swept the West including beating LA? There's a lot of hindsight and revisionist history going on, too much for a team #1 in the conference and half of the games haven't even played yet. And that's what makes this shyt annoying with Nets fans.

Regarding Harden, I don't think he's declined. He wasn't athletic to begin with doing what he did in HOU, he's struggling with the rule changes and is in his own head. He's also inconveniently trying to figure out how to pick his spots when he should be aggressive like he did last year.

I think he figures it out and I don't want to see "most" come back around with a change of heart when he does, shouldn't have been overreacting after 25 games in the first place. We had ppl talking about this ain't a contender after 10 games, what the fukk are y'all doing in here?

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate bandwagon fans man. Folks that just started watching a team because they got a marquee name. That’s wack. Where were all these trolls last year or the year before in these team threads?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Take it easy guys. Only December. Still top of the East despite all these circumstances

right…I skimmed thru the posts and see cats fighting so I assumed a troll was in the thread…only to read the posts and find out nets brehs are fighting each other :mjcry:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
right…I skimmed thru the posts and see cats fighting so I assumed a troll was in the thread…only to read the posts and find out nets brehs are fighting each other :mjcry:
Dudes wanna be the analytic basketball geniuses all the time, when most of us just watch the games and voice our opinions.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was only 1-2 against it while the rest understood what you get with Harden at the time and that it was a no brainer. One who didn't like is that one you're talking to

All this brings two points 1) who cares what anybody wanted, 2) nobody "forgot" shyt. Nobody could say shyt bc Harden carried us while KD was hurt and Kyrie was wherever. Jarret & Caris weren't and still can't do what he did and if you didn't like Harden you just didn't have much opportunity to say shyt

Now after it looks like there's possibly slight decline with Harden nikkas wanna come in on some told you so shyt, where was all this last year when we swept the West including beating LA? There's a lot of hindsight and revisionist history going on, too much for a team #1 in the conference and half of the games haven't even played yet. And that's what makes this shyt annoying with Nets fans.

Regarding Harden, I don't think he's declined. He wasn't athletic to begin with doing what he did in HOU, he's struggling with the rule changes and is in his own head. He's also inconveniently trying to figure out how to pick his spots when he should be aggressive like he did last year.

I think he figures it out and I don't want to see "most" come back around with a change of heart when he does, shouldn't have been overreacting after 25 games in the first place. We had ppl talking about this ain't a contender after 10 games, what the fukk are y'all doing in here?
I think Harden is jsut pacing himself. They’re a top seed in the East. It’s no need for him to overdo it and try to carry a team to what? They’re already number one. He had to do that shyt in Houston because of how the team was constructed and the offensive philosophy and thing were more personal. He been in the east his whole career and develop rivalry. Harden new in the East. There’s nobody out there that bothers him. His drives are significantly down and rightfully so. His priority should
Be to get to the postseason with relatively good health. And try to let some of these others Nets step up and do more.

Last night Harden didnt even have a second option. No other perimter shooter to spot up for three besides Patty Mills. I said in the Houston thread that we should own this team without Durant Harris to help him out. Brooklyn should’ve tried harder to keep Jeff Green

I didn’t like some of those redundant signings. Do you really need Blake, James Johnson, and Milsap? Don’t they all provide the same thing?

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure there's anything to work out, all that's been said over here is to give this shyt more than 25 games. I have consistently said this for pages now.

If yall want me saying a bunch of dumb shyt too or not calling the dumb stuff out when I see it y'all can have it
Then I get called a bandwagon? nikka you the one barely seen last year :mjlol:

I got a sense of most of the names from the past few pages, idk who you even are which is why I didn't know you don't like actually breaking down ball and talk more loosely. But several ppl have checked you on that with numbers so that sounds like a problem with you more than me

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I think Harden is jsut pacing himself. They’re a top seed in the East. It’s no need for him to overdo it and try to carry a team to what? They’re already number one. He had to do that shyt in Houston because of how the team was constructed and the offensive philosophy and thing were more personal. He been in the east his whole career and develop rivalry. Harden new in the East. There’s nobody out there that bothers him. His drives are significantly down and rightfully so. His priority should
Be to get to the postseason with relatively good health. And try to let some of these others Nets step up and do more.

Last night Harden didnt even have a second option. No other perimter shooter to spot up for three besides Patty Mills. I said in the Houston thread that we should own this team without Durant Harris to help him out. Brooklyn should’ve tried harder to keep Jeff Green

I didn’t like some of those redundant signings. Do you really need Blake, James Johnson, and Milsap? Don’t they all provide the same thing?

Jeff wanted more money after playing on the minimum for like a decade, no matter what we just couldn't sign him for more with 3 supermaxes on the book unfortunately

I think it's more than just Harden pacing himself but I lean more your way than the reactions in here. I think there's a legit learning curve he has to get over with the rule changes and him not getting ticky tack calls anymore. When he doesn't get bailed out he goes into a funk mentally and checks out at times it seems like. He wouldn't shoot as poorly as he has if he was pacing himself

But he is trying to raise everyone else up around him and so far this season the cast hasn't been up to par. To be fair to James on one point, we didn't know what it was like not having a 48% from 3 shooter out there last year. Joe was healthy most of the year, now he's out and nobody but KD/Patty spaces the floor, so you're spot on there too.

Blake I don't have an answer for besides hopefully it's just an early rough patch. He's clearly cooked if it's not

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jeff wanted more money after playing on the minimum for like a decade, no matter what we just couldn't sign him for more with 3 supermaxes on the book unfortunately

I think it's more than just Harden pacing himself but I lean more your way than the reactions in here. I think there's a legit learning curve he has to get over with the rule changes and him not getting ticky tack calls anymore. When he doesn't get bailed out he goes into a funk mentally and checks out at times it seems like. He wouldn't shoot as poorly as he has if he was pacing himself

But he is trying to raise everyone else up around him and so far this season the cast hasn't been up to par. To be fair to James on one point, we didn't know what it was like not having a 48% from 3 shooter out there last year. Joe was healthy most of the year, now he's out and nobody but KD/Patty spaces the floor, so you're spot on there too.

Blake I don't have an answer for besides hopefully it's just an early rough patch. He's clearly cooked if it's not
Yeah I saw the lineup before the start and seen right away that there was no other obvious offensive threat out there with Harden. Was a lil worried about Patty because he’s certified Rockets killa from his spurs and trailblazer days but other than that last night was jsut an opportunity for other Nets role players to step up. Just not a very low risk, high reward roster. Nobody on that roster intrigues you to thin that somebody will step up and have a breakout night. Maybe Can Thomas can develop into that player. It would be smart for Brooklyn to give him more developmental minute. He was my second choice for our last pick in the first round(After Josh Christopher). It was between him and Quentin Grimes

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Also I wont get over the dinwiddie trade. I understand its not my money so my opinion means shyt but we literally just saw our entire postseason derailed because 2 of our top players had injuries in crucial moments. Why not just bite the bullet and keep that insurance at least until we get that championship? It would cost you a lot yes but you could always trade it later after you secure that ring if you wanna get out of repeater penalties and such. Its not like you cant move the contract later if necessary .

Dinwiddie even said he would be willing to stay if the Nets paid him. People are gonna say hindsight but I really don't think so. Kyrie disappeared for like a month last season and then got hurt in the playoffs so its not like you didn't know the possibility of losing him for whatever reason was high.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The lack of 3 point shooting is a huge issue. They’re shooting % from the field and losing