7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Nets chose to Sit Kyrie thinking he’d cave in. Better hope he takes this plant based vaccine
fukk kyrie

All my homies hate Kyrie. If Harden didn't turn into this shell of himself I would be fine shipping him off to Minnesota.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Also we praise Sean a lot but and he couldn't predict Kyrie being the biggest dumbass in NBA history or Harris getting hurt but a lot of his offseason acquisitions have been straight garbage. Carter Milsap Johnson Blake is washed When you add in Sharpe, Edwards, Duke thats like 7 players that are pretty much unplayable in any type of playoff setting. Then you look at Brown and Bembry that just have overlapping skilsets and cant shoot so you can't play them both and you're pretty much looking at like a 7 man roster IF kyrie and Harris come back,

I disagree with this simply because you can plug in any of those guys and they’d flourish next to Kyrie/Harden/Harris/KD. The problem is they’re being asked to play alongside one another and take on a much larger role than anticipated. Hard to judge anyone based on how drastically the circumstances have changed

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What’s the dumb shot because dude is very selective with the type of shot he makes? It’s either a step back 3 or drive to bucket. Technically the two highest percentage shots a player of his caliber can take?

its the timing of the step back 3 and then he immediately falls down so if he misses his man is wide the fukk open on the break. It happens twice a game. Team was on a run in the 3rd I think driving the lane. Instead of giving it to a cuttter he pulled a contested step back after dribbling the ball for 5 secs and missed. Rockets went on a small run of their own directly after. He also needs to work on his catch and shoot.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, fukk James Harden. We need marksmen that don’t need the ball to play in Nash/Jaq/D’Antoni uptempo system. Resigning Harris should be priority #1. I really want JJ Redikk. He lives in Brooklyn so he’d be right at home. We also need some power forwards, as usual. Idk if they’re willing to go into the luxury tax to get a guy like Gallo. Those wings and stretch forwards are a hot commodity so they’ll be demanding at least 15-20 mil a year.

I don’t want James Harden. They seriously can’t be looking to do the same thing we just got out of. The Nets been drafting extremely well ever since we had our own picks and now they trying to give them away again. :dahell: I hope Sean Marks is better than that.

Breh the point is the trade was unnecessary. The Nets had no business being in the James Harden market. They should have let Philly bite and trade Ben Simmons. We're winning games with KD averaging 30 and Kyrie playing the best basketball of his career. Why fix something that's not broken? I don't know how long you been a fan but a lot of us are still traumatized from that KG/Pierce trade.

I knew trading away Jarrett and Caris would bite us in the ass. I’d rather have them than James Harden, still :yeshrug:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depth, shooting, defense. All of those went out the window the moment we traded for Harden. But I’m crazy for never liking him and not wanting him on the Nets lol.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Nets were bottom 2 on defense before Harden and trended up when Claxton got more minutes after all star break. And that's with Harden.

Stat sheets and the eye test both say last year's team was the greatest offensive team in history. To say "why fix what's broken" would mean they were at that level prior to Harden, they were not. The major difference between last year and right now for the last time is Kyrie fukking Irving

Sick of nikkas not knowing what they're talking about but making a bunch of posts anyway

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
We're missing our floor spacer who gives about 11 ppg on 46% shooting and our PG/SG who gives us 27 a night on 50/40/90. Not to mention the pressure he puts on a defense :unimpressed:

Our lineups cannot stagger the way they should especially with no other ball handling guard aside from Harden. Him playing like shyt some times doesn't help. Again Kyrie would help with this.

Kyrie fukked this all up. We have a small window to win a chip with KD playing like he is now.

Even with Kyrie only thing id add was another scoring guard and a legit big. Really only thing we need.

So all in all we just have to address the guard situation.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Depth, shooting, defense. All of those went out the window the moment we traded for Harden. But I’m crazy for never liking him and not wanting him on the Nets lol.

If i recall most of us didnt want Harden breh. He came and was tearing shyt up so we forgot about it. Him becoming a shell of himself no one foresaw that :yeshrug:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nets were bottom 2 on defense before Harden and trended up when Claxton got more minutes after all star break. And that's with Harden.

Stat sheets and the eye test both say last year's team was the greatest offensive team in history. To say "why fix what's broken" would mean they were at that level prior to Harden, they were not. The major difference between last year and right now for the last time is Kyrie fukking Irving

Sick of nikkas not knowing what they're talking about but making a bunch of posts anyway
If you nikkas gonna talk shyt at least quote me. Everybody knows Kyrie is a big part of this team, if they didn’t then they should see that now. The point is if they never traded away their depth for Harden they’d still have Allen, Caris, and a couple of other solid role players instead of relying on :flabbynsick: dudes to produce.

And they’re gonna give a 32-33 year old declining Harden the max? Because they can’t afford to let him walk and trading him isn’t on the table. It’s a lose-lose situation investing in Harden. Kyrie is not coming back this year and the Nets aren’t winning this year without him.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If i recall most of us didnt want Harden breh. He came and was tearing shyt up so we forgot about it. Him becoming a shell of himself no one foresaw that :yeshrug:
Exactly. I don’t understand why dudes are angry because I’m hating on James Harden, especially now that he’s outta shape and playing like garbage.