7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
I’ve been wondering how this would all work out considering

1. Kyrie is an expiring contract with negative value and almost 0 suitors
  2. Having Simmons limits what we can get in return (E.g Bam) and the team is almost hard capped so Ayton and other top talents are also damn near unattainable
  3. The team is clearly not looking to fully rebuild considering the Patty and Royce moves
Obviously with a multi team deal things can be worked out, but there’s a LOT of maneuvering that has to happen to get this done. It’s a stars league so we’ll see..but it may be a while

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fresh-prince-room.gif

EmotionalRedBaiji.webp

Almost choked on my
jerk chicken sandwich because of this gif
fukk y’all :russ:

:mjcry:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Definitely a sad end for you guys.

I truly believe that the organization let y'all down. This was ownership placing pride ahead of everything.

The team has not accomplished anything for them to be trying to bully Kyrie, arguably the 2nd best player to ever suit up for the organization. They should have swallowed their pride, did right by their guys and try to build a contender next year, they still would have had the 3rd/4th most talent in the league to come back to. They caved on letting Kyrie play this year, which from that point forward they should have known they couldn't just call the shots, the fans won't take ownership's side if you put bullshyt on the court.

Here's hoping for you guys that you get a sizable return for KD but I almost guarantee there won't be equal value in return.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It's a dumb page. If you're a disgruntled employee, do you stay out of "loyalty"? Only in sports do we expect this.
They acquiesced to everything, he and Kyrie wanted from getting DJ the bag to firing Kenny Atkinson. If anything they both made a mess of the franchise and then dipped without any consequences.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Definitely a sad end for you guys.

I truly believe that the organization let y'all down. This was ownership placing pride ahead of everything.

The team has not accomplished anything for them to be trying to bully Kyrie, arguably the 2nd best player to ever suit up for the organization. They should have swallowed their pride, did right by their guys and try to build a contender next year, they still would have had the 3rd/4th most talent in the league to come back to. They caved on letting Kyrie play this year, which from that point forward they should have known they couldn't just call the shots, the fans won't take ownership's side if you put bullshyt on the court.

Here's hoping for you guys that you get a sizable return for KD but I almost guarantee there won't be equal value in return.

“Bully” is definitely not the word I’d use to describe this. Everything that happened up until this point is 100% deserved and it shows because a guy who averaged 27/6 on 50/40/90 in the prime of his career can’t find a team to give him a long term contract.

This is still an organizational failure, but Kyrie is not a victim in the slightest