7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This is why I didn’t like Silver going on TV a few weeks ago. I don’t live up there but I think I said that mayor seems like the type to dig his heels in.
More importantly, there was nothing stupid about NYC did. They passed multiple mandates to cover various sectors. They couldn’t cover out of state performers because they aren’t employed by an NYC corporation. Kyrie would be in the same situation if he played in San Fran. People really think that rallying around a dude who has gone to work less than 20 times this year and made like 17 million dollars is the political hill to die on? You’re going to explain that to the NYers who got fired for not being vaccinated? The best way for this to get lifted is to not make it about Kyrie and let logic and numbers take over. It’s obviously trending that way. Stop making it about pending to public pressure to get a millionaire the right to play a game.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I just don't get the outrage when this has been in place since before the season started.

The rules never made sense and nobody knows or cares what the public /private sector rules are, but this has become the Kyrie Rule and it's nuts.
I will agree that no one in New York actually understands the rules. But the rules did make sense, and then they kept bending and modifying to try to allow New York to be as “normal” as possible. The sudden outrage came when Silver went on ESPN.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I just don't get the outrage when this has been in place since before the season started.

The rules never made sense and nobody knows or cares what the public /private sector rules are, but this has become the Kyrie Rule and it's nuts.
California has rolled back a lot of covid related shyt. NY should too. Especially if he can enter the building as a fan. Makes zero sense. I thought everyone had to be vaxed and have proof. Including fans.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
More importantly, there was nothing stupid about NYC did. They passed multiple mandates to cover various sectors. They couldn’t cover out of state performers because they aren’t employed by an NYC corporation. Kyrie would be in the same situation if he played in San Fran. People really think that rallying around a dude who has gone to work less than 20 times this year and made like 17 million dollars is the political hill to die on? You’re going to explain that to the NYers who got fired for not being vaccinated? The best way for this to get lifted is to not make it about Kyrie and let logic and numbers take over. It’s obviously trending that way. Stop making it about pending to public pressure to get a millionaire the right to play a game.

It's not just about Kyrie. He's the face of how absurd the private mandate is. I can get a beer at a bar in Midtown, but I can't go to work if I don't get a shot. None of it makes sense. This isn't rooted in science. This is about politics.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
California has rolled back a lot of covid related shyt. NY should too. Especially if he can enter the building as a fan. Makes zero sense. I thought everyone had to be vaxed and have proof. Including fans.
They just ended that this past week, which is why everyone is complaining again about Kyrie not being able to play. They're wondering what the hold up is (and I get it because really, mask wearing is only mandatory in certain spots)

Outside of indoor events (and even some of them stopped checking a long time ago), vax requirements went out the window. NY been good since New Year's ended and people stopped needing to wait on line for Covid tests. Now they're gonna be stocked everywhere in stores and no one will buy em.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It's not just about Kyrie. He's the face of how absurd the private mandate is. I can get a beer at a bar in Midtown, but I can't go to work if I don't get a shot. None of it makes sense. This isn't rooted in science. This is about politics.
NY is one of those places where you don't REALLY need to root stuff in politics.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Ben Simmons should have played already. I don't know what Sean Marks is hiding.

He hasn't had a full practice with the team or even done any one on one yet so 5 on 5 is a while away...so the answer to what he is hiding is the below

We’re probably about a week away from hearing that Ben is out for the season :francis: