[7/10/24] AEW Dynamite: Owen Hart Tournament Finals; Global Glory 4-Way; Stampede Street Fight; Hear from Swerve, Ospreay

Who will win the Owen Hart Finals?

• Bryan Danielson

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Hangman Page

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Mariah May

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Willow Nightingale

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
:salute:to @Cattle Mutilation for coming out of retirement to take the lead on AEW threads. Guess the ratings I was delivering with the threads I created weren't up to standards.
I’m starting to get some motivation back in my personal life.

Also helps that TK has decided to start announcing cards ahead of time instead of waiting until the day of. I normally don’t even turn on my computer at home on workdays anymore and creating these threads the “proper” way sucks tremendously on a phone.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
At Wembley? :gucci:
Yes. They've never faced each other in singles and I'd be interested in watching them work a basic match that tries to get a big reaction out of the little things they do. Plust the fukkery in the build would be pretty entertaining I think.

I know people wanna see Danielson vs Nigel for the 30th time and I'd be ok with that match too but I'd take a new matchup that I have no idea how it can turn out. Let two old carnies do their thing :manny:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Think that women should end the show just because Page had been out for a while and the women have been doing their thing the whole time and carrying the division so it feels like they deserve to end the show.
The WOMEN have been carrying the WOMEN'S division?
WHAT GRAND FUKKERY IS THIS?!:ohhh:

The World Champion should be in the most featured spot. Have Swerve come out at the top of the show and let him close the show with the winner of Page/Bryan. That match will be bigger than anything the women can put together no matter who faces Toni.

Show looks amazing on paper anyway. Hope Joe strangles Jericho and just walks off with the gold for the fukk of it. May lead to Joe vs Hook down the line. Taz in an orange ref shirt at Wembley!

The International Incident match has gotta be fire with who's all involved. Should be for the number one contedership to Ospreay, but who knows how long they'll stall him to MJF.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
They had weeks of television with the tournament. Did they really have to burn though it in under a month?
Maybe they want to get the card set and have time to set up other things for the losers in the tournament. Like how they got Jay White/BBG set up vs Christian/The Patriarchy.

This way they'll have time to set up things like Stat vs Willow in a street fight or something (if and when Stat screws Willow out of the Owen Cup), they'll have TV time to get Okada an opponent for the Cont. Title too. And who knows what they'll do with Jack Perry in the time being.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The WOMEN have been carrying the WOMEN'S division?
WHAT GRAND FUKKERY IS THIS?!:ohhh:
:dead:

The women have been cooking though. You could easily argue what’s going on in the women’s division is more interesting than anything going on in the men’s division. At least as far as story goes. The men still clear them by leaps and bounds in match quality even though the women are largely putting on quality matches.

I chalk it up to three things:
  1. Athena opening up TK’s eyes to women’s wrestling with her tremendous work in ROH where she’s main eventing nearly every PPV with an incredible match and strong story behind jt
  2. Mercedes Mone coming on board giving him a big star that he has to treat properly and she allegedly used her power to force TK to do more with the women’s division outside of her own stuff
  3. Jennifer Pepperman tagging along with Mercedes and giving them a real writer and it’s paid huge dividends in the creative direction of the women’s division
If AEW could find another Pepperman or two to help out with all the men’s stuff then :whew: with the roster that they have.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Gloryhole Fatal Four Way? :dame:
Kenny Omega Huh GIF

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yes. They've never faced each other in singles and I'd be interested in watching them work a basic match that tries to get a big reaction out of the little things they do. Plust the fukkery in the build would be pretty entertaining I think.

I know people wanna see Danielson vs Nigel for the 30th time and I'd be ok with that match too but I'd take a new matchup that I have no idea how it can turn out. Let two old carnies do their thing :manny:
That shyt can main event a dynamite or a collision. He still needs to get his W over Moxley, Still need to run Bryan vs Joe again, etc. Would be better as title matches but BD is cold rn and doesn't deserve a title so they need to work on that first. I don't even care to see him challenge for a title right now.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That shyt can main event a dynamite or a collision. He still needs to get his W over Moxley, Still need to run Bryan vs Joe again, etc. Would be better as title matches but BD is cold rn and doesn't deserve a title so they need to work on that first. I don't even care to see him challenge for a title right now.
Joe and Bryan would be cool, they've never had the great match they should've had even though they tried a fukk ton in 2006.

I'd much rather watch Danielson vs Jarrett than another fukking Moxley match. I could give two shyts about "getting his W back" when dude is about to become a 2-3 PPV a year performer after All In :manny: