6 out of 10 Americans have less than $500 in their savings account; how about you?f

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I never understood this about people. How the fvck do you waste so much money?

I have plenty of guap saved up, and some invested. If I lose my job tomorrow, I'd be straight for a while. If an emergency comes up, I'm straight. Mfs be wanting to give away all of their money to the white man, smh.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
-160.45 savings
54.00 checking
22.00 available credit on cc
bank of America
:mjcry:

-546.00 money market account
Amoco credit union :sadcam:

getting married September 30th,honey moon October 1-4

Yoo my man that doesn't sound good. How did you get into this situation?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
White boy got a 60 thousand dollar truck but live in a run down trailer.

People are really outchea driving around in expensive ass shyt like that?

I've made six figures for a long time. There's no way I'm dropping more than $30k for a car. If I want something nice, I'll wait until the depreciation knocks it down a bit.

I've seen nikkas grab a used BMW 6 series for $50k. Brehs, BMWs lose value like crazy.

If you wait two years, you can get that same 6 series for $20k or less.

Even if I were a billionaire, I'd still buy used shyt that's been depreciated a good bit.

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
People are really outchea driving around in expensive ass shyt like that?

I've made six figures for a long time. There's no way I'm dropping more than $30k for a car. If I want something nice, I'll wait until the depreciation knocks it down a bit.

I've seen nikkas grab a used BMW 6 series for $50k. Brehs, BMWs lose value like crazy.

If you wait two years, you can get that same 6 series for $20k or less.

Even if I were a billionaire, I'd still buy used shyt that's been depreciated a good bit.

I would say don't buy brand new until you have a million or more in cash. Even then I'm not spending more than $50k

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
those people have to be willing to work two of those types of jobs and live below their means until they are better positioned

A lot of these people have families which doesn't make sense I know, but nothing can be done about that now. Best to provide low cost/free training and education so they contend fot better paying positions.

But trust there are plenty of folks forced to not live above their means because they simply cant. I think the coki sometimes sees everytbing from the early 20s lens. There are plenty of 30 and 40 somethings struggling and its not because theyre on instagram flexing. They most likely made a few wrong turns and never caught up.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That 50k is going to waste if it's just sitting in your account though. At least throw most of it (minus emergency fund) into a low-risk ETF so it's netting you 2-7% each year.

Can you pull your money out whenever you want with no fees? What are the taxes?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Having kids without being properly positioned is a killer you'll never catch up.

Living on your own in a major city is a killer as well, like half of your take home pay already going to rent

A lot of these people have families which doesn't make sense I know, but nothing can be done about that now. Best to provide low cost/free training and education so they contend fot better paying positions.

But trust there are plenty of folks forced to not live above their means because they simply cant. I think the coki sometimes sees everytbing from the early 20s lens. There are plenty of 30 and 40 somethings struggling and its not because theyre on instagram flexing. They most likely made a few wrong turns and never caught up.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm probably at the other end of the spectrum and have too much in savings. Should put more of that money into my brokerage account but I'm always fearful of that rainy day turning into months/years.