6 out of 10 Americans have less than $500 in their savings account; how about you?f

brother walt

GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Get married at the court house

Skip the honeymoon until y'all have some money

Matter fact, unless you have kids with this woman, cancel the wedding and go get a chick with some paper.
I already paid for honeymoon and wedding we half everything nikka just broke boy

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
You go on instagram and see a dude posting a flashy car, stacks of money, a Gucci bag etc it affects your mindset thinking you need this and that's same if you hop on Facebook and your single and Every one of your friends are posting photos of their happy relationships.

It's a dangerous thing, breh.

Human nature has us wired to compare ourselves against others. This is especially true when it comes to life stage marking.

Those "milestones" we've been led to believe we have to have reached by 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, etc. makes the social media comparisons particularly detrimental to the mental health of some people.

Imagine a childless woman at 35 opening up Facebook and seeing baby pics from all her friends. The wedding pics, etc.

The shyt is not good for mental health.

REZZ

Rookie
Daps
I got around 50K in my account and Im completely debt free. And honestly I thought I was doing pretty bad but it seems Im doing alright after all. Money stress is the worst stress of all.
That 50k is going to waste if it's just sitting in your account though. At least throw most of it (minus emergency fund) into a low-risk ETF so it's netting you 2-7% each year.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
if you give in/buy in to social media hype you are beyond frail mentally :flabbynsick:

DMX been told yall foolish nikkas

Life is too short to get caught up in some dumb shyt :stopitslime:
wake up one day, 40 years old on some bum shyt:ufdup:
time flew by, you was too fly to see the light:umad:
everyday it's getting darker, then comes the night :demonic:

These days, its all about the flash and the thots

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
you don't know what you're talking about. If she got a $28,000 truck put no money down, 0%, no sales tax, ntitles, teags, warrenty, whateveer. her payment would be like 390 for the car alone and she'd need full coverage, add another 200 to that thats 590.

200 for insurance per month? :picard:

They must get in a lot of accidents or live in Manhattan.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
That 50k is going to waste if it's just sitting in your account though. At least throw most of it (minus emergency fund) into a low-risk ETF so it's netting you 2-7% each year.

That's solid advice.

There's no reason to just have more than $10k just sitting in a non-interest bearing or low-interest (less than 3%) bearing account.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

Yeah my biggest issue right now is that im not investing. The only investment I truly believe in is land. But I still dont have enough to get into buying land / apmts etc. I dont know anything about ETFs and all that stock / bond shyt. I dont live in the states either. Been trying to find ways to invest and grow my stash but im a bit cautious with my dough cuz i feel some rainy days coming ahead.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
We created an economy based on fleecing the masses. This is what happens when everyone is trying to maximize the amount they're taking out of your ass. I was going to make a thread about how everything is "gourmet" or "discount". You're either paying out the ass or buying cheap shyt that won't last. :francis:

Poor or broke folks can't keep up with that fukkery. I should be living like a king with my salary, but you start calculating how much comes out every month for *normal* expenses :whew:

I think about people with 1 salary and kids making average salaries; aint no way to get over without racking up debt:to:

And, don't get me started on the Financial Collegiate Industrial Complex designed to milk students for everything they got before they even get degreed up :scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup it's like when your a relationship wishing you were in single and being single wishing you were in a relationship you'll never be content or satisfied.

It's a dangerous thing, breh.

Human nature has us wired to compare ourselves against others. This is especially true when it comes to life stage marking.

Those "milestones" we've been led to believe we have to have reached by 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, etc. makes the social media comparisons particularly detrimental to the mental health of some people.

Imagine a childless woman at 35 opening up Facebook and seeing baby pics from all her friends. The wedding pics, etc.

The shyt is not good for mental health.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I'm not good with keeping liquid cash on hand. I keep a lil over 2k in an account I try not to touch and live off my paycheck in my main checking account at a different bank.

All my savings are invested, it sucks for an emergency. but keeps me from touching it for dumb shyt Because it would take a couple days before I could turn it to cash. I can't impulse buy anything and I do it pre tax, so it's has to be serious for me to pay the IRS penalty.