[6/30/24] AEW x NJPW x CMLL Present Forbidden Door: Swerve/Ospreay, Mox/Naito, New TNT Champ, ZSJ/OC, Elite/Scissor Aces and More

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Guess they expecting a boost in sales last couple days leading to the event. Hopefully it hits 10k. Those upper deck seats should be decently priced compared to the lower bowl ones so that could influence some to attend.

Don't know what the ticket release schedule comparison was, but SD in the garden tomorrow night so if those went on sale first I could see how fans in the area would be having to pick between being able to afford to attend both shows. Not a bad sized crowd so far tho. They just need to keep going with the marketing to have a good final push in sales.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
11 matches on the main card. Baby Khan adding matches for no fukking reason.

That Jericho and MJF match can :camby:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
When did Shingo become the nikka? I’m always surprised by him being a big deal now lol

I remember the dragon gate / ROH crossovers years ago when CIMA, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk etc. were them dudes and Shingo had the least hype. nikka was damn near the BJ Whitmer of the squad.

He really leveled up lol

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
When did Shingo become the nikka? I’m always surprised by him being a big deal now lol

I remember the dragon gate / ROH crossovers years ago when CIMA, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk etc. were them dudes and Shingo had the least hype. nikka was damn near the BJ Whitmer of the squad.

He really leveled up lol

He was the champ in njpw i think a few years back, around covid era. Yeah when Ospreay vacated due to injury. He never seemed to be a high upper card guy like Ospreay, Okada, Omega, Naito, etc., but a high mid to low upper card guy that was reliable and could be used when needed to push up to fill a role. A familiar big name that you could count on for the big tourneys like g1 and new japan cup. Arguably a top 10 talent they've had the past 5 years. Now with them having lost some big names, I'm sure he's taken on a much bigger role, especially in helping lead them into the future.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

He really leveled up lol
As soon as he started freelancing as a heavyweight in 2017 his stock went up immediately. A year after that he announced he was leaving Dragon Gate for good and New Japan signed him, but for some weird ass reason NJ put him in the Jr. Division first, it wasn't until 2020 that they started booking him as a heavy.

Even if NJPW wasn't in need of new HW blood -which they desperately needed in 2020-2021-, Shingo would've became at the very least champion in every other puro company and different promotions from around the world would've started booking him.