[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Danielson is 1000% doing the job

He’s put over cats like buddy matthews and Daniel garcía :pachaha:

I will say, wish he won because it would really make him being leader of BCC undisputed
Nah, He needs to beat Moxley to do that

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Most likely outcome is Okada and Omega win. Then Omega and Ospreay run it back one more time in Wembley where bruv goes over

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If no one cares at all about the champ being on the biggest show of the year to date, then the belt is on the wrong person

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'll be happy to be very wrong on this but a 2023 match between KENTA and Punk seems like it would be a sad reminder of "what could've been" 12 years ago.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If no one cares at all about the champ being on the biggest show of the year to date, then the belt is on the wrong person
A lot of it has to do with the fact that MJF has never had or apparently wanted to have anything to do with New Japan and none of the New Japan guys have ever talked about him.

There's matchups that would end up being great and I'd love to see but there's zero history behind it like the two confirmed matches and the rumored match of
Punk vs. KENTA

Whoever MJF faces would likely end up being a much better match than the rumored match from the in-ring standpoint but there would be nothing behind it outside of Forbidden Door season.

Like Okada-Danielson is something many have wanted to see for far longer than MJF has even been wrestling.

Ospreay-Omega was something we've wanted for years prior to their Wrestle Kingdom match and as good as that was everyone been clamoring for a rematch.

And then the rumored match
Punk and KENTA have had beef for mover a decade because of Punk "stealing" the GTS

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
A lot of it has to do with the fact that MJF has never had or apparently wanted to have anything to do with New Japan and none of the New Japan guys have ever talked about him.

There's matchups that would end up being great and I'd love to see but there's zero history behind it like the two confirmed matches and the rumored match of
Punk vs. KENTA

Whoever MJF faces would likely end up being a much better match than the rumored match from the in-ring standpoint but there would be nothing behind it outside of Forbidden Door season.

Like Okada-Danielson is something many have wanted to see for far longer than MJF has even been wrestling.

Ospreay-Omega was something we've wanted for years prior to their Wrestle Kingdom match and as good as that was everyone been clamoring for a rematch.

And then the rumored match
Punk and KENTA have had beef for mover a decade because of Punk "stealing" the GTS

Surprised that they aren't trying to go with Punk/Tanahashi since that was the plan last year

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Surprised that they aren't trying to go with Punk/Tanahashi since that was the plan last year
Maybe because the plan this year is MJF vs Tanahashi, really feels like the perfect NJPW opponent for MJF : legend, ultimate babyface to face the top heel of AEW, will do the job with no hesitation.

It's weird that MJF just started a feud with Cole two weeks before FD tho. It wouldn't surprise me if he isn't even on the card tbh, they don't really need him with the two matches they already booked.

Last edited: