[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The politicking for this show is gonna be immense. AEW ran shyt on them for the most part last year but this is a bigger show with bigger stakes and NJPW just got done big broing NOAH a couple months ago. They feelin themselves. Gonna be interesting :lolbron:
If Okada doesn't win I'ma be mind blown. That's the type of match New Japan has always won, regardless of circumstances.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
On the flip side, if Okada does win, it might mean Omega retains against Ospreay.
Sure. I think New Japan is more interested in making Okada look like the "best on the planet" than Ospreay getting this title win, specially because he can win it back later and culminate that story there.

I'd be waaaay more surprised if Khan managed to get those 2 Ws, or was able to negotiate a huge Okada L in exchange for Kenny putting Ospreay over, than Okada winning and the title match ending with Omega retaining (via winning or draw).

Now, they could also have their cake and eat it too by ending Danielson vs Okada in a draw in case there's a 30 minute time limit. But considering Dragon gives two fukks about putting anyone over, I'd say it's more likely he just loses :pachaha:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Sure. I think New Japan is more interested in making Okada look like the "best on the planet" than Ospreay getting this title win, specially because he can win it back later and culminate that story there.

Big money in a Omega/Ospreay rematch at Wembley.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Big money in a Omega/Ospreay rematch at Wembley.
To be honest the big money for New Japan is having the Ospreat W (which will probably come with an added stipulation) on a New Japan show, not in Wembley. But we'll see if Khan was able to pull that one off too.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If Bryan wins, then I am guessing Bryan will go to NJPW for an event to repay Okada; maybe G1.
He's not in the G-1.

If Dragon does win, that means New Japan gets to beat him in their turf, who and how? there's a number of options. The smartest choice for NJPW would be for Danielson to go to Japan, beat Sanada for the belt and give the title back to Okada (or whoever New Japan wants to get that huge W) at Wrestle Kingdom.

I don't see that happening because it would require Dragon to want to win, which he never does :heh:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
If Okada doesn't win I'ma be mind blown. That's the type of match New Japan has always won, regardless of circumstances.
I have a feeling this will be last Forbidden Door because of the politicking that will go down with these matches. Both companies are going to want some form of 50/50 booking which isnt possible in these cases plus Tony Khan already gets to have home court for these events

Okada is not losing a one on one overseas, point blank period. If Tony won’t make the call Dragon will. With Omega, he’s their star but it’s an IWGP title. The belt comes home when Japan says it comes home. So your double main event basically is 2-0. Tony ain’t gonna like that. They’ll probably throw somebody like Shingo to MJF for a job and run the Ace/Punk match they missed last year but it wont be enough.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Danielson is 1000% doing the job

He’s put over cats like buddy matthews and Daniel garcía :pachaha:

I will say, wish he won because it would really make him being leader of BCC undisputed

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I have a feeling this will be last Forbidden Door because of the politicking that will go down with these matches. Both companies are going to want some form of 50/50 booking which isnt possible in these cases plus Tony Khan already gets to have home court for these events

Okada is not losing a one on one overseas, point blank period. If Tony won’t make the call Dragon will. With Omega, he’s their star but it’s an IWGP title. The belt comes home when Japan says it comes home. So your double main event basically is 2-0. Tony ain’t gonna like that. They’ll probably throw somebody like Shingo to MJF for a job and run the Ace/Punk match they missed last year but it wont be enough.
There's too much money and exposure involved for them to not continue it. Not like Ospreay, Okada, Danielson, or Omega are going to be hurt by losing. Everyone knows there are top of the line talents that believably compete with and beat anyone.