[6/10] TSC Watch Party (8pm EST): WWE King of the Ring 1996

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I looked forward to this event more than I did any other. With the kind of talent at WWE's disposal, it's a damn shame that KOTR isn't a part of the PPV rotation.

That said, I think I can begrudgingly accept it not being a thing if it means the winner of it doesn't automatically change his gimmick to that of royalty.

I've also come to realize that Johnny B. Badd was confused. Wildman Marc Mero is what happens when he got him some box (Sable) and realized he wasn't with the :dame: lifestyle
Not every winner needed to become a royalty type character afterwards. Bret Hart, Austin, Edge, Brock, Shamrock, and Angle never called themselves kings after winning the tournament

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
if you listen close you can hear a lot of Michael Cole's style in Cokeboy's commentary :mjgrin:

:russ: I actually didn't mind Vince's commentary. Granted I'm looking at it through rose-colored glasses.

That said, it shocks me how I was able to look past J.R.s dikkriding of Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was on his shyt HEAVY.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Not every winner needed to become a royalty type character afterwards. Bret Hart, Austin, Edge, Brock, Shamrock, and Angle never called themselves kings after winning the tournament

You're right. They started doing that during the tail end of it (Booker T, which worked well, and Sheamus/Wade Barrett, which did not work).

Outside of Booker T and Owen Hart, becoming royalty after winning KOTR was just not a smart move at all.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
You're right. They started doing that during the tail end of it (Booker T, which worked well, and Sheamus/Wade Barrett, which did not work).

Outside of Booker T and Owen Hart, becoming royalty after winning KOTR was just not a smart move at all.
I forget did Billy Gunn called himself "King Ass" for a little while?

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Prime Sable :wow:

Sable in the 90's:wow:

attachment.php

c61a25892046844.gif

42660d892047064.gif