5G is the most overhyped thing I’ve ever seen

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
shyt was rushed from the onset. Carriers was so eager to get out "the next big thing" and get those sweet new technology dollars that they rushed this shyt out even though LTE is perfectly capable of servicing our current needs.
On top of that, the roll out is half baked as fukk. To get good speeds more bandwidth is required, and that means larger frequency slices within 5G spectrum bands. Since the vast majority of carriers bands are dedicated to 4G, 5G often gets much smaller slices of spectrum in most markets. In the end, this results in 5G being WORSE than 4G in terms of transfer speed. And dont get me started on that MMWave gimmick.

It is and continues to be a solution seeking a problem. That and the yearly release of marginally incremented smartphones is capitalism at its finest.

On my Note 20 I actually turned 5G off and continue to use LTE.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This. Unless you're paying for 5G service, you don't have 5G even if the icon shows up on your phone. Otherwise, you're still using LTE.

I really don't need 5G though. I stream music and browse the internet mostly on my phone. LTE is plenty fast for just that. I use my desktop and laptop for more robust shyt.

I dont know what carrier youre on, but if they putting 5G behind a paywall then they some fukkboys. Sounds like some VZW and ATT shyt through and through.

I feel like they are doing wrong. They need to be rolling out 5g home internet in rural areas first rather than focusing on cell phone coverage in metro areas. People out in the woods would pay top dollar for some real internet.

Not enough ROI for the beancounters. Large expense to slow gains for rural areas. Though the government does give grants to do just this, they still fail to really blanket the areas.

You using that fake national 5G that's piggybacking off the legacy 4G network not the real mmwave 5G.

5G cant piggyback off 4G, unless you talking bout the fake ass ATT 5Ge thats only 4G rebranded to 5G to confuse customers..
Fiber and copper backhaul lines to backbone providers provide the bandwidth for wireless comms.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Tmo sent me a text told me to turn it on they did some upgrades in my area

can’t front this shyt fast as fukk now

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Break this down for a slow nikka

IoT is more so devices that can communicate directly to the internet snd may have the ability to compute things in their own.

i.e smart fridge, smart laundry machines, etc.

then you have the autonomous driving use case where a self driving car needs to get instructions as fast if not faster than a human can identity their environment when driving. One of the benefits of 5G is low latency which is why it is critical for autonomous vehicles (because the data being sent back and forth wont be large in size really it just needs to reach/leave the vehicle as fast as possible).

augmented reality is more so introducing things that arent in a space to a space via things like Headset, phone screen, etc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I dont know what carrier youre on, but if they putting 5G behind a paywall then they some fukkboys. Sounds like some VZW and ATT shyt through and through.

Not enough ROI for the beancounters. Large expense to slow gains for rural areas. Though the government does give grants to do just this, they still fail to really blanket the areas.

5G cant piggyback off 4G, unless you talking bout the fake ass ATT 5Ge thats only 4G rebranded to 5G to confuse customers..
Fiber and copper backhaul lines to backbone providers provide the bandwidth for wireless comms.
I'm talking about the 5G Verizon uses called Nationwide 5G.
Verizon 5G DSS isn't the 5G you want | ZDNet