Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Hack/front squats are my go tos. Regular squats tend to add too much pressure to your hips and lower back especially as you get older no matter the form plus front squats and Smith machine assisted squats are overall more effective and keep me limber.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
One-legged squats. They're great for your balance and exercising the minor muscle groups around your knees/hips/ankles to prevent injury.

Stand on one leg with your other leg sticking out in front, and go down as low as you can and come back up slow. Without touching your off leg to the ground, rotate it to stick out sideways, then repeat. Again rotate so your off leg is sticking out behind you, do a third squat. Then switch legs.

Try just 2-3 reps on each leg of this the first few times, with no weight so you don't injure something from not being used to it. As your balance improves and the muscle groups strengthen you can add reps or hold barbells when you do it, but keep the weight low. The goal is keeping everything as balanced and controlled as possible.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
@Son Goku I'm old dawg. 😔

I can't do regular squats no more. Them shıts started fųcking up my hips.

My routine has been hitting legs twice a week (Tuesdays & Fridays) - Leg extensions, calve raises, machine assisted squats, etc... & front squats, leg extensions, leg press.

Plus I do deadlifts with legs for lower back.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
@Son Goku I'm old dawg. 😔

I can't do regular squats no more. Them shıts started fųcking up my hips.

My routine has been hitting legs twice a week (Tuesdays & Fridays) - Leg extensions, calve raises, machine assisted squats, etc... & front squats, leg extensions, leg press.

Plus I do deadlifts with legs for lower back.

You older than this dude? :unimpressed:

Of course an open-chain exercise that loads the upper back will put pressure on the hips and lower back as you fight gravity to stand back up, so what? :what:

Y'all dudes really just be saying anything. The coli has the single worst aggregation of workout & fitness takes I've ever seen online.

Comrade Pop-Pop in here blowing your ass out the water and you claiming it's an age thing. Naw, it's a *you* thing.

You don't wanna squat, that's fine, more open racks for the rest of us, but don't claim it's because you're old unless you're posting from the nursing home.
old scust

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Of course an open-chain exercise that loads the upper back will put pressure on the hips and lower back as you fight gravity to stand back up, so what? :what:

Y'all dudes really just be saying anything. The coli has the single worst aggregation of workout & fitness takes I've ever seen online.

Comrade Pop-Pop in here blowing your ass out the water and you claiming it's an age thing. Naw, it's a *you* thing.

You don't wanna squat, that's fine, more open racks for the rest of us, but don't claim it's because you're old unless you're posting from the nursing home.
old scust

What's crazy is that I'm way more ripped than him.

What got me away from powerlifting and more into sculpting is that I ran into a wrestler at the gym (Wade Barrett) and saw that big nıgga lifting light weights for definition.

Also, my pops trainer was like number 3 in the world at one time (probably dropped to 5 or something at 60) and dude doesn't lift heavy although he looks like it. (Also switched from the squat rack to the Smith machine)

The secret is sculpting not over exerting. I use to squat what old man was lifting in my 20s but in the long run, that stuff has adverse effects.

I like stretching, doing cardio and being a ripped 195 over doing excess heavy lifting nowadays. Old cac is holding his breath too. 🤣😂

Son Goku

Daps
What's crazy is that I'm way more ripped than him.

What got me away from powerlifting and more into sculpting is that I ran into a wrestler at the gym (Wade Barrett) and saw that big nıgga lifting light weights for definition.

Also, my pops trainer was like number 3 in the world at one time (probably dropped to 5 or something at 60) and dude doesn't lift heavy although he looks like it. (Also switched from the squat rack to the Smith machine)

The secret is sculpting not over exerting. I use to squat what old man was lifting in my 20s but in the long run, that stuff has adverse effects.

I like stretching, doing cardio and being a ripped 195 over doing excess heavy lifting nowadays. Old cac is holding his breath too. 🤣😂

Cool, you got a different goal. All that other stuff is extra though. You said you were too old and I proved you weren't. :manny:

That clip came from a 10 second googles. Every time I pull up to a meet is some masters that would blow you off the platform. Some are lean, some aren't, just like every dude that trains for aesthetics.

And most squatters (real bars, not Steve Smiff machines) hold their breath; it's called a Valsalva. :mjtf:

@Serious come get your mans and be his new father. :dame:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Cool, you got a different goal. All that other stuff is extra though. You said you were too old and I proved you weren't. :manny:

That clip came from a 10 second googles. Every time I pull up to a meet is some masters that would blow you off the platform. Some are lean, some aren't, just like every dude that trains for aesthetics.

And most squatters (real bars, not Steve Smiff machines) hold their breath; it's called a Valsalva. :mjtf:

@Serious come get your mans and be his new father. :dame:
Most people at the gym don’t really lift. They be on machines and shyt

Son Goku

Daps
Most people at the gym don’t really lift. They be on machines and shyt

Dudes clowning veteran lifters older than them using proper technique while posting they're too old to lift free weights and doing the "back in my day I was lifting that too" meme. :skip:

Thecoli.com.
kermit

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

old scust

And folks will state things with extreme confidence that they are correct in what they are saying. At this point I just read most fitness threads on The Coli to get a good laugh:russ:

Son Goku

Daps
And folks will state things with extreme confidence that they are correct in what they are saying. At this point I just read most fitness threads on The Coli to get a good laugh:russ:

Every coli dude is 6 certs, 6 feet, 6 figs, 6 dimes, and squats 6 wheels. :mjlol:

Starski

Superstar
Daps
high bar swuats
Low bar swauts
Pause squats using above variations
Front squats