50 Shots Set It Off: The Official 2016 New Orleans Saints Season Thread

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
yall need to be looking at kizer or Watson. brees to old to be taking up all the money like that.

anyways look forward to another year of Carolina dominance brehs

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
yall need to be looking at kizer or Watson. brees to old to be taking up all the money like that.

anyways look forward to another year of Carolina dominance brehs

Man I'm so sick of nikkas acting like Brees is without flaw. Dude like God he can get anything he want out of NOLA.

I love him as a QB but he's not taking THIS team anywhere there's no point in throwing him that money. He's trying get paid and I'm trying to see wins. Im a Saints fan first.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Man I'm so sick of nikkas acting like Brees is without flaw. Dude like God he can get anything he want out of NOLA.

I love him as a QB but he's not taking THIS team anywhere there's no point in throwing him that money. He's trying get paid and I'm trying to see wins. Im a Saints fan first.

Preach.
Love Drew but he can bounce for all I care. He ain't worth that bread anymore. Can't build a team with a QB taking up all the money.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
You're not winning anything without a QB and if Sean Payton/Loomis could evaluate talent worth a damn, the 2014 draft would not have been so awful and in general we would've drafted better meaning cheaper and younger talent on the roster and there wouldn't be as many free agency busts instead of surrounding a future HoF QB with historically bad defenses three of the last four years

There are issues, but Brees isn't near the top of the list :yeshrug:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
They better not extend Brees now. If I was the Saints I let him test the market then make a decision.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
What is the plan after Brees? And don't just say draft Watson, because it's still going to be the same coaches coaching and the same executives in the front office and Watson is not going to be better than Brees for at least the duration of his rookie deal after which you'd have to pay him like you pay Brees anyway

I'm just not seeing where you go from rushing ahead to life after Brees , which at this point is unnecessary, to contention with (insert unproven QB) at the helm

Brehs up in here cutting off their noses to spite their faces

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
What is the plan after Brees? And don't just say draft Watson, because it's still going to be the same coaches coaching and the same executives in the front office and Watson is not going to be better than Brees for at least the duration of his rookie deal after which you'd have to pay him like you pay Brees anyway

I'm just not seeing where you go from rushing ahead to life after Brees , which at this point is unnecessary, to contention with (insert unproven QB) at the helm

Brehs up in here cutting off their noses to spite their faces

If you give Brees that money now and we go 7-9 again. We will be back square one doing pushing money back and be looking at salary cap hell once again.

Like I said, no need to give that money now, let's the season dictate future. Get in the playoff, transition tag, and let FA decides his value. If another 7-9 happens no need to give him a $25/year deal. The window close breh. Time to fully rebuild.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Look like they going to get Drew extension done. :francis:
Not for no damn 4 years 100 million they not
giphy.gif