50 Cent To File For Personal Bankruptcy So He Doesn't Have To Pay Sex Tape Lawsuit?

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure, but there has to be SOME draw back to this shyt? Has to....

It has to be some draw back to filing legal papers saying you're broke, putting all your money in businesses etc.

Not a financial expert so maybe someone can enlighten
Bankruptcy is an attempt to clear debts, he had to show the court his personal statements.

In a recent interview 50 said he's not personally wealthy, but his companies are. That shyt had me like:dahell: He always bragging about being rich

Guess the lawyers saw it coming and all his money is being put into his companies. That $5million he has to pay, he doesn't have. He's claiming that he made $10-50mill but also in $10-50mill debt.

The drawback is him losing the lawsuit. He thought he could win but he didn't. Now he has a chance to pay the $5mill out of his companies.

Donald Trump files for bankruptcy all the time. That's because it gives him a chance to sort out his debt while his companies still have income

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure the girl's Lawyers, who have done $500k +++ work on a CONTINGENCY BASIS, knows all the ins and outs and loop holes.

You think they gonna work for YEARS, knowing it's a *POSSIBILITY* this nikka could get out of the payments?

Nah... The lawyers get paid outta what shorty get paid.... They gon make sure shorty get paid...

He might be trying to reduce the hit, he might be trying to stall, or he might really be broke.... Either way shorty gon get her cash
Of course he has to pay. He's just not paying out of his personal finances

Daps
Bankruptcy is an attempt to clear debts, he had to show the court his personal statements.

In a recent interview 50 said he's not personally wealthy, but his companies are. That shyt had me like:dahell: He always bragging about being rich

Guess the lawyers saw it coming and all his money is being put into his companies. That $5million he has to pay, he doesn't have. He's claiming that he made $10-50mill but also in $10-50mill debt.

The drawback is him losing the lawsuit. He thought he could win but he didn't. Now he has a chance to pay the $5mill out of his companies.

Donald Trump files for bankruptcy all the time. That's because it gives him a chance to sort out his debt while his companies still have income

Yea I understand filing bankruptcy don't mean you broke and all that. But you just said, the girl gon get her cash, that's all I've really been sayin.

The different between trump and 50, is when trump file bankruptcy from one of his *companies*, I bet it's like a $100million construction contract gone bad... It'd be a really big hit for him to suck up, so he rather just file bankruptcy.

50 going in the tank for $5mil aint a good sign. Yayo bout to catch an ear full for a month straight for no reason

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

lol.. Man, but Donald Trump be in the process of losing 325million to a Billion dollars (Taj Mahal days)

This is not the same. Although, I think 50 is right to use these laws available to him.. I aint mad

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea I understand filing bankruptcy don't mean you broke and all that. But you just said, the girl gon get her cash, that's all I've really been sayin.

The different between trump and 50, is when trump file bankruptcy from one of his *companies*, I bet it's like a $100million construction contract gone bad... It'd be a really big hit for him to suck up, so he rather just file bankruptcy.

50 going in the tank for $5mil aint a good sign. Yayo bout to catch an ear full for a month straight for no reason
Yeah breh's new companies haven't been poppin finance wise lately.

But that nikka too deep in the game to be taking losses. He doesn't strike me as stupid

I'm sure he'll be on the Breakfast Club tomorrow to clear things up with that classic double talk:francis:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
So many experts in this thread as well as trolls. I don't know shyt about his finances or his strategy. But as one person quoted the article the Judge wants to see his tax returns for the last 5 years to determine punitive damages. This probably why he filed personal bankruptcy, to protect himself from the punitive damages, which can more than double the 5mil he already lost.

Randoug

Superstar
Daps
Yeah breh's new companies haven't been poppin finance wise lately.

But that nikka too deep in the game to be taking losses. He doesn't strike me as stupid

I'm sure he'll be on the Breakfast Club tomorrow to clear things up with that classic double talk:francis:

feds will be listening tho :shaq:

He gotta keep his mouth shut until this blows over.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might be a negotiation tactic to reach a settlement on the judgment. I could be wrong about this, but I think her judgment would be wiped out in a bankruptcy.

The court is gonna look at all his assets now and decide whether to grant or deny the petition.

Could be shrewd post judgment maneuvering on his part, or maybe not. Either way, it's still a massive L because he never should have been in this position in the first place.

What if she ends up getting that Tyson mansion?

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Confused-gif.gif

I really won't pretend what this means, but anyone spinning this as a positive for Fif ...

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
So many experts in this thread as well as trolls. I don't know shyt about his finances or his strategy. But as one person quoted the article the Judge wants to see his tax returns for the last 5 years to determine punitive damages. This probably why he filed personal bankruptcy, to protect himself from the punitive damages, which can more than double the 5mil he already lost.
:leostare: most sensible post in this thread.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Its all fun and games till the judge knows exactly what you tryna do, fukk around and get made an example of:usure:
tumblr_mdlgw3J6bC1r5ia19o1_500.gif

Lawyers for the "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" star filed for personal bankruptcy on Monday — the same day he was called to testify about his finances in a lawsuit brought by a woman whose sex tape he posted online.

The filing in Connecticut Bankruptcy Court says he has $10-$50 million in assets, and $10-$50 million in debt — a figure that's likely to grow quickly.
The rapper has tried to cry poverty in the case before, saying his previous lawyers were too expensive and that he was going broke - despite his successful rap and movie careers, and numerous lucrative endorsement deals. He famously cleared over $100 million when his stake in Vitamin Water was bought out by Coca Cola a few years ago.
Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Paul Wooten had directed Fitty to testify about his finances from the witness stand Monday.

Instead, his lawyers surprised the judge and Leviston's lawyers around 10 a.m. with news of the bankruptcy petition.

Jackson's lawyer James Renard told the judge that the filing in Connecticut, where Jackson has a 52 room mansion in Farmington, entitled him to a delay or automatic stay of Leviston's case in state court.

Wooten told Renard that he was not sure the stay was automatic, given the circumstances.

"This is the second such bankruptcy that your client has filed in the last 30 days," the judge said.

Renard noted that the last bankruptcy filed in Manhattan federal court involved one of his client's corporations.
"Which he was in 100% ownership of," Wooten snapped back.

The Manhattan federal judge in the first bankruptcy rejected Jackson's request for a delay in the state trial and said she would consider imposing sanctions on his lawyers for even asking.

Leviston's lawyer Alex Alvarez said "this is the third attempt to stop this trial. My client deserves finality in the process."

He told Wooten that Leviston's team is making an emergency application to federal court to get the stay lifted and he urged Wooten to ask the Manhattan jury to return next Monday until the legal maneuvers in Connecticut are settled.

Renard noted that since the punitive damages still have to be determined, it is possible that a federal bankruptcy judge could set the amount due Leviston.

Last week, Leviston's attorney, Philip Freidin, asked the jury for $10 million in punitive damages.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2290501

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm sure the girl's Lawyers, who have done $500k +++ work on a CONTINGENCY BASIS, knows all the ins and outs and loop holes.

You think they gonna work for YEARS, knowing it's a *POSSIBILITY* this nikka could get out of the payments?

Nah... The lawyers get paid outta what shorty get paid.... They gon make sure shorty get paid...

He might be trying to reduce the hit, he might be trying to stall, or he might really be broke.... Either way shorty gon get her cash
She's represented by a FL personal injury lawyer. Contingency fee agreements, by definition, are contingent, lawyers enter into these agreements knowing full well they may never be compensated for their work. I doubt that her FL lawyer knows the ins and outs of NY (or is it CT?) bankruptcy law.
I'm sure he is consulting with the appropriate bankruptcy/collection attorney. I'm a personal injury attorney myself, I don't know the ins and outs of bankruptcy law. I know that if a Defendant files for bankruptcy, usually a stay would be entered in the personal injury case. I know that if a Defendant files for bankruptcy, oftentimes the Plaintiff in the personal injury case is limited to any associated insurance policy. In 50's case, there would be no insurance.

There are exceptions, a debt from a personal injury judgment stemming from drunk driving cannot be discharged.

Who knows how all of this is going to play out. It seems to be a shrewd maneuver on 50s part - but I just don't know enough about how all of this works.