50 Cent To File For Personal Bankruptcy So He Doesn't Have To Pay Sex Tape Lawsuit?

Daps
Michael G. Kessler is a certified forensic accountant based in New York who has testified in multiple court cases as an expert witness. He reviewed thecourt documents, shared by the Wall Street Journal, from Jackson’s filing. The first thing he noticed was that there were only five pages.

“Normally you file an application and it has a tremendous amount of information in it, including who the debtors are and what the value of the debt is, what your sources of income are,” Kessler said. “It’s really good for investigative purposes to see these because it tells you the whole background on the individual.”

Searches on legal databases that would normally house the full documents did not return results for Jackson’s filing Monday.

But Kessler noticed other oddities, too.

“Even if they did a $5 million judgment against him, you would think that they would appeal that case so he doesn’t have to file for bankruptcy,” Kessler continued. “Right? When it’s on appeal, you can’t collect. So there’s a lot of things that don’t make sense to me as an investigator.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-burning-questions-about-50-cents-bankruptcy/

=====

The horse has spoken:mjpls:

"Why not file an appeal?" ... I'll give it a shot: He really is broke, and he doesn't want to spend more money on Lawyers, trying to win a case he will 99.999% eventually lose.

Curly is truly finished:pachaha:

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michael G. Kessler is a certified forensic accountant based in New York who has testified in multiple court cases as an expert witness. He reviewed thecourt documents, shared by the Wall Street Journal, from Jackson’s filing. The first thing he noticed was that there were only five pages.

“Normally you file an application and it has a tremendous amount of information in it, including who the debtors are and what the value of the debt is, what your sources of income are,” Kessler said. “It’s really good for investigative purposes to see these because it tells you the whole background on the individual.”

Searches on legal databases that would normally house the full documents did not return results for Jackson’s filing Monday.

“Even if they did a $5 million judgment against him, you would think that they would appeal that case so he doesn’t have to file for bankruptcy,” Kessler continued. “Right? When it’s on appeal, you can’t collect. So there’s a lot of things that don’t make sense to me as an investigator.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-burning-questions-about-50-cents-bankruptcy/

=====

"Why not file an appeal?" ... I'll give it a shot: He really is broke, and he doesn't want to spend more money on Lawyers, trying to win a case he will 99.999% eventually lose.

He won't go down in the court of public opinion without a fight tho.

He's a strategist when it comes to his publicity. You see he went to the club with stacks of money coming out his pocket the day before he filed for bankruptcy?

0713-50-cent-100s-vegas-club-bankrupt-getty-4.jpg

He wants to play broke to the court and then work the opposite angle with the rap audience. You think them lawyers ain't got Instagram?

These white folks don't play with their money and it's gonna backfire.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
He won't go down in the court of public opinion without a fight tho.

He's a strategist when it comes to his publicity. You see he went to the club with stacks of money coming out his pocket the day before he filed for bankruptcy?

0713-50-cent-100s-vegas-club-bankrupt-getty-4.jpg

He wants to play broke to the court and then work the opposite angle with the rap audience. You think them lawyers ain't got Instagram?

These white folks don't play with their money and it's gonna backfire.
That's what we rappers call, funny money, your honor. We put in our pockets, throw it around, let the young women roll around in it. It's just entertainment.
:troll:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

=====

I read that article one of the comments stood out to me "Ordinary people with lower incomes but better character can feel better about themselves. "
this is why people want to believe he really blew over 100 million dollars and made nothing since 2007, yall want to feel like being rich is so impossible especially for a black guy from the hood, that it has to come crashing down at some point.. just so you can feel better about not being rich..

All that article said was they think he is doing this to hide his money, cause they don't know where his money went, and theyu use the point that even after the vitamin water deal he was trying to sell that mansion. Its funny how its means you are broke when a celeb sells property but the average person is smart for buying property just to sell, whats the difference?

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
I think the reason that a some people want to see 50 Cent fail is because he has no tact & is always up in other peoples business gossiping & talking shyt trying to clown people even when they aren't his enemies or foes. Look how dirty this nikka did Vivica Fox, but didn't say shyt to that white bytch Chelsea Handler when she straight played him. Look how he turned against Floyd, when they were supposed to be "brothers". I can acknowledge the dudes hustle schemes from a business standpoint, but can't respect his two-faced persona & over the top bytch made antics.

:wrist:

sean998

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that shyt was equally corny....what is your point?

I have no idea who you got me confused with but I wasn't in the TIDAL thread applauding people for giving Jay business advice. I wasn't in the Ross thread doing that, either.

At some point in the past I'm sure 50 Cent dissed someone these people idolize, and that's why this cornball ass behavior is acceptable to them. And I get that. I really do. 50 Cent brought any negativity people have towards him and his brand on himself.

Having said that, half the thread is so far gone into :blessed: mode over 50's perceived failures any rational logic is viewed as "50 Cent stannery". Again, try to find a single instance of me defending 50 Cent since the site started. Use the Search Function. You see the other guy I told that to, never came back. Because it doesn't exist.

Lastly the problem with using "educated opinion" on the internet is everyone has access to Google. That don't make them qualified to speak on everything, though. Call me crazy but 50 Cent has a vested interest in protecting his own money, so I'm going to assume he knows what he's doing more than sean998 from The Coli.

Fred.

My point is this.. the corny shyt being said to Curtis is not unique at all, & if you ain't had a problem when nikkas do the same to other rich celebs, then you should not really have a problem when it comes to fif. This ain't a personal attack breh...I never said you specifically said anything bout Jay or Ross.

Of course Curtis would know more than sean998...But as I said, speculating bout rich people pockets is as old as history, you can't expect it to stop now. Sure there's a lot of illogical corny shyt (as expected on the internet) but there's also a few on point assessment on what was 50 motivation. And to make it clear I personally never gave Curtis any financial advice lol..all I did was clown :pachaha:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew this was coming I even said this would be your response. Why can't you state your opinion without being on someone's dikk?

People that own businesses never report how much they really make..
Look y'all don't know how much he actually has neither does the courts that why he is doing this. It's not honest it's s business move he said he had or didn't have the money just so they can't take it from him. He is hiding his money in his businesses the key word here is hiding. The whole point is to make yourself seem poor to the govt. yall are going off the idea that he is telling the truth about his finances. That's not how this works. But yall ain't trying to listen you just want to see him fail cause he talked about your favorite rapper and you took it more personal than the rapper did

I'm not stating opinions. It's facts. And we DO know how much he has in assets.. 10 - 50 million as he stated.. He also stated he owes 10 to 50 million in debt. The FACT is that Curly can't pay his existing debt and stated so himself. If he could he would not have to file bankruptcy to begin with. That's not a first option, That's a last option... Just cause its business move doesn't mean its a "good move". It's the only move he has left besides sitting back and getting his assets liquidated by the court. It's an intensive process.. and you have to prove you really cant pay your debt. And chapter 11 restructures debt.. so he will still have to pay it. He is not getting away with anything.

The Govt knows exactly how much he makes. You cant hide from the IRS. That's how people end up in a jail cell next to bernie madoff. Stop worshiping these rappers. There is nothing special about 50 cent. You are so butt hurt you would rather believe 50 is pulling some elaborate completely transparent blatant lie to the courts rather than accept the cold harsh realities of his financial troubles starring you right in the face..

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Crazy.

Just saw his SK energy drink at a store. Thought things might be turning around for his business ventures.

Yo... That Ross 50 battle was extra wack, but somehow 50 found a way to catch a massive L.

Law 47.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I'm not stating opinions. It's facts. And we DO know how much he has in assets.. 10 - 50 million as he stated.. He also stated he owes 10 to 50 million in debt. The FACT is that Curly can't pay his existing debt and stated so himself. If he could he would not have to file bankruptcy to begin with. That's not a first option, That's a last option... Just cause its business move doesn't mean its a "good move". It's the only move he has left besides sitting back and getting his assets liquidated by the court. It's an intensive process.. and you have to prove you really cant pay your debt. And chapter 11 restructures debt.. so he will still have to pay it. He is not getting away with anything.

The Govt knows exactly how much he makes. You cant hide from the IRS. That's how people end up in a jail cell next to bernie madoff. Stop worshiping these rappers. There is nothing special about 50 cent. You are so butt hurt you would rather believe 50 is pulling some elaborate completely transparent blatant lie to the courts rather than accept the cold harsh realities of his financial troubles starring you right in the face..

Well said

Daps
FORBES: 50 Cent Files For Bankruptcy In Rapid Fall From Financial Grace

50 Cent could soon be worth less than his nickname: the rapper filed for individual Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Connecticut this morning.

According to the filing, 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, has incurred debts of $10 to $50 million, most recently a $5 million judgment in a sex tape case. His legal team did not respond to a request for comment via telephone, but tried to cast a brighter outlook on the news via email. {{dude just said 50 Laywers trying to spin... @duckbutta }}}

“This filing for personal bankruptcy protection permits Mr. Jackson to continue his involvement with various business interests and continue his work as an entertainer, while he pursues an orderly reorganization of his financial affairs,” said 50 Cent’s counselor William A. Brewer III in a press release.

Still, the filing marks a steep and sudden fall from financial grace for 50 Cent, who has been a member of FORBES’ list of hip-hop’s wealthiest acts each year since its debut in 2011, when we first estimated his net worth at $100 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackoma...ankruptcy-in-rapid-fall-from-financial-grace/

======

The Horse Has spoken:mjpls:

P.S... This article written by the SAME MAN that calculated 50 Cent $155 Mil networth in May, 2 months ago.

50's Networth is currently $0:bryan:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Thing is, he might not even be broke, but when you're taking 17 million, 1 million, 5-10 million hits...that shyt hurts and you're gonna want to shore up as much as possible.