5 Years Later & Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose Has Proven Everything Stone Cold Said About Him Completely Right.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I don't like Moxley at all but if he went back to WWE he would be in the world title picture and get some of the biggest reactions.
He might, but Moxley in the world title scene would be a horrible decision (in 2024, he's the worst member of The Shield, by far). If he ever were to go back to WWE, I'd rather see him as a :flabbynsick: Raven type manager/mouthpiece for a stable of young guys.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nah. Punk went down to FCW to wrestle Moxley when Punk was WWE champion. When Punk signed with AEW, he appeared on Renee's podcast, recorded at her and Moxleys house, and Moxley was sitting there listening in and contributing to their conversation. It seemed very friendly.

But after the All Out incident, Moxley was on Renee's podcast saying they're all acting like children. Then there were reports of Moxley and Punk not being able to work together because Moxley wanted to have a Rocky 3 type of feud with Punk, and Punk said no because he never watched Rocky 3 :mjlol:

I don’t think they had as serious a beef as people thought. Mostly cause when Punk came back Mox was the only one reportedly okay with him trying to angle into Blood n Guts last summer cause he really wanted that program vs the Elite and then Sean Ross had that comment of seeing them both at Heathrow leaving Wembley after All In giving like a weird nod and smirk lol

They definitely got the same hard to read energy I guess.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don’t think they had as serious a beef as people thought. Mostly cause when Punk came back Mox was the only one reportedly okay with him trying to angle into Blood n Guts last summer cause he really wanted that program vs the Elite and then Sean Ross had that comment of seeing them both at Heathrow leaving Wembley after All In giving like a weird nod and smirk lol

They definitely got the same hard to read energy I guess.

I would guess all members of the Shield probably dislike Punk, with Moxley probably disliking him the least & Roman disliking him the most. Rollins is somewhere in the middle.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I would guess all members of the Shield probably dislike Punk, with Moxley probably disliking him the least & Roman disliking him the most. Rollins is somewhere in the middle.

I think Rollins hate for him has always been in character and Roman is slightly the same. People again think it’s the make Roman look strong stuff but when he commented on it he was over in AEW and he was fully tribal cheif thing

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
As for Mox, he’s gonna be remembered fondly by hardcore fans for the indie/New Japan stuff even if it’s not exactly Terry Funk, I’m sure fans will try and replicate his lore for that. In WWE and AEW though he was a workhorse at least in terms of matches had and kinda holding things together when others were out in both places.

So I think as much as he’s might more limited, he’ll be remembered fondly

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He’s kinda like Jericho and Punk where they hated HHH because they wanted to BE HHH

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think Rollins hate for him has always been in character and Roman is slightly the same. People again think it’s the make Roman look strong stuff but when he commented on it he was over in AEW and he was fully tribal cheif thing

I mean, Punk bad mouthed Roman and tried to prevent him from even being in The Shield. I understand Roman not liking him.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I mean, Punk bad mouthed Roman and tried to prevent him from even being in The Shield. I understand Roman not liking him.

I see people for years took that “Make Roman look strong “ thing as a shot at him and anyone who listen to the podcast can hear it’s clearly not and he was talking about the agents overbooking in his ear about a match where he knew what to do.
Same with the idea of being in the shield. He never said he didn’t want him. It’s just he suggested 3 people to come up and management wanted Roman instead of Hero and he clearly says “and I understood he was their guy so I was like okay”

To me that’s another thing where he his fans blame smark culture and certain wrestlers for Roman not being loved and there’s less there to be upset about than when they blame Daniel Bryan and his fans

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
He’s kinda like Jericho and Punk where they hated HHH because they wanted to BE HHH

Don’t see it tbh

Punk and Jericho I understand wanting the be at the top etc

Moxley when he was there just felt like he was ready to do whatever they asked but he himself had to deal criticism of how he held the belt.

Dude just strikes me as someone who wants to do more hardcore matches and that’s it

The only wrinkle was when he wanted a legit regime before All Out 22 and we had that weird build but then I imagine he values his non WWE tenure

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think you could make a case Moxley has basically been the ace of AEW.
3x AEW Champion, he held the belt when CM Punk got hurt both times and was the one to pass it to MJF when they wanted to make him the face of the company
I hate his work tbh, he's one of my least favorite wrestler ever. He leans into the hardcore suit so much it's off-putting and I don't respect anyone who puts over Nick Gage the way he does. Nick Gage is a talentless hack and a garbage human. He also had a match with another wrestler I hate in Effy while he was AEW Champion. Effy is a complete bytch who hides behind "homophobia" to do a bunch of nasty sexual stuff in his matches so fukk him for that too.

Daps
Reppin
Mile High
Moxley is good. I remember the hype of him coming up with the mick Foley stuff..I didn't always understand it, but over time he has won me over. There's all the usual complaints about him of course, but he definitely delivers in his matches.

Like everybody else, I think the rebound lariat is stupid. It doesn't matter if it's him, kor, or even Nigel. I remember once at least though, he did a version where he was being thrown into the ring spun around on the ring apron and hit the clothesline...it was smooth and looked so dope, but I don't think I've ever seen him do it again. For the purpose of the thread, I tried to find a clip of it, but I'm not sitting through compilations of that stupid ass move. I mean, I get the idea behind it...but even in wrestling it's just illogical...I will admit though, Nigel definitely had a little stank to his...but it just looks dumb lol