5 Minutes Into Californication....Finished

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a weird comparison because one is on premium cable and the other on network but I've always felt the most comparable character to Hank Moody on TV was Charlie Harper on Two and a Half Men.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's a weird comparison because one is on premium cable and the other on network but I've always felt the most comparable character to Hank Moody on TV was Charlie Harper on Two and a Half Men.
Exactly what i thought upon watching it

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
show was good until the 4-5 season.

I agree. I still watched it all the way through but it annoyed me when it started doing that thing that premium cable shows tend to steer into. Ass and titties for the sake of ass and titties.

Oh we can say fukking cumguzzler? Let's have Bobby Hill say as many sexual things as we can get her to say and insert it awkwardly into conversation. It devolves into the characters not talking like real people.

Hank and Becca >>>

That relationship kept me invested, until she teened up and became a legit a$$hole. Somewhat justifiably but still. His relationship with Karen was interesting up until a little after that same point actually.

It helped that David Duchovny seemed like he was having a ball and just being himself mostly.

That pilot is unforgettable. I grew up watching The Nanny and I was like :krs::banderas:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I agree. I still watched it all the way through but it annoyed me when it started doing that thing that premium cable shows tend to steer into. Ass and titties for the sake of ass and titties.

Oh we can say fukking cumguzzler? Let's have Bobby Hill say as many sexual things as we can get her to say and insert it awkwardly into conversation. It devolves into the characters not talking like real people.

Hank and Becca >>>

That relationship kept me invested, until she teened up and became a legit a$$hole. Somewhat justifiably but still. His relationship with Karen was interesting up until a little after that same point actually.

It helped that David Duchovny seemed like he was having a ball and just being himself mostly.

That pilot is unforgettable. I grew up watching The Nanny and I was like :krs::banderas:
:childplease:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Hank and Becca >>>

This.....

Show was GOAT contender up until like season 5, the bolded really ruined every season after that for me.. and it was rinse and repeat for the last 2 seasons.. so if you want to remember this show the way you feel now STOP after season 5, you will thank me later..

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
once you finish season 4, just stop watching..goes ALL the way downhill after that.

theres little moments in season 6 with the groupie broad from rehab that hit notes similar to the earlier seasons but nothing really worthwhile in the last 3 seasons which is a shame...it went from being a great drama/comedy with heart and some fukkery thrown in into a typical goofy comedy show with too many over the top moments.