4K Blu-ray discs arriving in 2015 to fight streaming media

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You can definitely tell the difference, the problem is that people prefer convenience over anything else. It has reached a point that a large percentage of people rather pay Amazon/Apple $4 to stream a movie rather than go to Redbox. When you factor in gas, time driving back and forth to get it, time back and forth to drop it off...it all comes out to the same price anyway.

How many people have died in the last 30 years on the way or coming from their local blockbuster?

Stray bullets, car accidents, muggings?

Netflix is saving lives out here b...:wow:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Im not film buff or anything but hd streams look pretty damn good to me. For the majority of people the quality difference is negligible if u can even notice one.
You are correct on this point

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Disc are still popular. But usually with people with shyt internet connections or looking for a quick watch.

Nobody cares about 4k disc just like no one cares about FLAC like that. I appreciate these companies bringing things out for enthusiasts but it's not stopping this DD wave at all.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I don't even use redbox anymore

Streaming in 720 is fine 2 me but i usually see shyt in theatres then watch it once it's on tv, or streaming in 720 or 1080

shyt don't look that much different to me :manny:

Dreamer

Rookie
Daps
Whenever i first got my 4k tv it made me motion sick, you can see the camera guy like not holding steady, it was overwhelming. Now that my tv is broken and i went back to regular 1080 I'm like omg this sux. Shoulda bought that extra insurance T_T

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
it's hilarious... we been talking how DD taking over since the hamster

and yet it's 2015 and streaming and digital STILL hasn't passed physical media in ANY industry

but continue on... maybe by 2020 you'll be right

watch compressed 720p 1.3 gig movies that were ripped from 60 gb dics brehs

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
cd sales still outdo digital breh
sorry i don't deal with beliefs... just facts

Global revenue from music downloads and subscriptions has overtaken sales of physical formats for the first time. In 2014, digital revenue grew nearly 7 percent to $6.85 billion, while physical sales — of which CDs make up the vast majority — fell 8 percent to $6.82 billion. These figures, from a report from the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), also reflect the growing popularity of digital music streaming, with revenue from services like Spotify growing 40 percent to $1.57 billion.

downloads still account for 52% of digital revenue

However, despite the increased popularity of streaming music, downloads still accounted for 52 percent of digital revenue — even though the format showed declining sales, falling 8 percent in all established markets. Despite these fluctuations, however, the industry as a whole is relatively stable, with overall revenue falling just 0.4 percent to $14.97 billion for the year 2014. (For historical comparisons, this is down from a peak of $40 billion in 1999.)

so physical sold 6.82.... digital EVERYTHING sold 6.85... but DOWNLOADED music was only 52% of that 6.82.. and downloading is dropping by 8%

so people are BUYING more cds than they are DOWNLOADING digital music... and when you combine streaming... then its up by .03 billion

in other words, it's 2015 and physical media ain't going no damn where.. just like that aol thread... b-b-b-b-b-but nobody uses aol.... that's ythe BELIEF... facts are it's being sold (worth) 4.4 billion dollars

people would first grab a cd, then stream then last would be download... sorry breh

Dreamer

Rookie
Daps
sorry i don't deal with beliefs... just facts

Global revenue from music downloads and subscriptions has overtaken sales of physical formats for the first time. In 2014, digital revenue grew nearly 7 percent to $6.85 billion, while physical sales — of which CDs make up the vast majority — fell 8 percent to $6.82 billion. These figures, from a report from the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), also reflect the growing popularity of digital music streaming, with revenue from services like Spotify growing 40 percent to $1.57 billion.

downloads still account for 52% of digital revenue

However, despite the increased popularity of streaming music, downloads still accounted for 52 percent of digital revenue — even though the format showed declining sales, falling 8 percent in all established markets. Despite these fluctuations, however, the industry as a whole is relatively stable, with overall revenue falling just 0.4 percent to $14.97 billion for the year 2014. (For historical comparisons, this is down from a peak of $40 billion in 1999.)

so physical sold 6.82.... digital EVERYTHING sold 6.85... but DOWNLOADED music was only 52% of that 6.82.. and downloading is dropping by 8%

so people are BUYING more cds than they are DOWNLOADING digital music... and when you combine streaming... then its up by .03 billion

in other words, it's 2015 and physical media ain't going no damn where.. just like that aol thread... b-b-b-b-b-but nobody uses aol.... that's ythe BELIEF... facts are it's being sold (worth) 4.4 billion dollars

people would first grab a cd, then stream then last would be download... sorry breh
that's a terrible choice, verizon is dumb, aol isn't old enough to be retro, just old

but anyways I'll take you at your word with cds, just crazy I haven't personally bought one in years, besides like three years ago when i burned downloaded music onto one lol, now just usb with the phone or tab or w.e is charged n roll

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
that's a terrible choice, verizon is dumb, aol isn't old enough to be retro, just old

but anyways I'll take you at your word with cds, just crazy I haven't personally bought one in years, besides like three years ago when i burned downloaded music onto one lol, now just usb with the phone or tab or w.e is charged n roll
it's not any type of personal shyt... but i say this to people all the time.. there's 7 billion people on earth.. 300 million live in the us

don't even bother trying to do or follow or track what's going on in the world, by what is going on in the richest country... that'd be like looking at beverly hills and saying that's what is going on in compton

most these countries don't have high speed net... most of them don't have streaming media... shyt i can't even watch netflix in brazil or about 100 other countries...

money is global.. money works everywhere... if some people in some country you never heard of, are buying cds by the billions and using aol by the billions, better believe there's someone out there ready to make money off them

and here's the link... it's crazy to me too.. i never even see cd stores or people pop in a cd... but its' still neck and neck and they gotta add in streaming or it'd be a blowout

http://ifpi.org/facts-and-stats.php

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
How big are 4K rips going to be?

:lupe:

Filename......: Hellboy.II.The.Golden.Army.2008.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.DTS-X-EPSiLON.mkv
File size........: 51.6 GiB
Duration........: 1 h 59 min 38 s 635 ms
Format..........: HEVC Main 10@L5.1@High V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Resolution.....: 3840x2160
Video BitRate: 53.0 Mb/s
Aspect ratio...: 16:9
Frame rate....: 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS