$450k house in NY vs $450k house in Fort Worth, TX

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
If Savannah were poppin' like Atlanta as a destination for Black people from North Florida, Georgia's Black population would be 4 million or 5 million, easily.

Columbus is right on the Alabama border. If it ever gets poppin' as a draw for Black people from Alabama, Georgia's population would be in the 6 million range, breh.

Texas is helped in that DFW, as a major metroplex, draws Black people from Arkansas, Oklahoma and Northern Louisiana. Houston serves to draw Black people from Southern Louisiana. Plus, Katrina helped boost its numbers.

Georgia really only has Atlanta.

Imagine if a hurricane were to devestate Northern Florida somehow. Where do you think those people would go?

You know I could play the if game too for Texas right. What if all of the Texas major cities had a large black population? Only two metros do. What if Fort Worth was as black as Dallas because it isn't. The vast majority of the black population lives in the Dallas side of the metro.

Just one more than Georgia. Houston draws a large black population that extends across the gulf. That includes the panhandle of Florida. May not be as much as Atlanta but there is a large population of Black people from the panhandle in Florida, let alone Mobile and Gulfport. Dallas draws from Mississippi as well.

I haven't a clue why you are trying to belittle the states black population and play the if game as if any of it is realistic today. Columbus and Savannah (especially) will never be the cities that you wish it be. Savannah doesn't even want to be a big city. Point is, Texas has a very large black population.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
You know I could play the if game too for Texas right. What if all of the Texas major cities had a large black population? Only two metros do. What if Fort Worth was as black as Dallas because it isn't. The vast majority of the black population lives in the Dallas side of the metro.

Just one more than Georgia. Houston draws a large black population that extends across the gulf. That includes the panhandle of Florida. May not be as much as Atlanta but there is a large population of Black people from the panhandle in Florida, let alone Mobile and Gulfport. Dallas draws from Mississippi as well.

I haven't a clue why you are trying to belittle the states black population and play the if game as if any of it is realistic today. Columbus and Savannah (especially) will never be the cities that you wish it be. Savannah doesn't even want to be a big city. Point is, Texas has a very large black population.

I'm just comparing apples to apples.

Yes. Texas has a large Black population. Which is driven by having a few large cities and a bunch of smaller cities with good chunks of Black people.

Comparing it to Georgia is not an apples to apples comparison in that Georgia only has one major city in Atlanta.

A more accurate comparison would be to compare Texas to the Georgia-South Carolina-North Carolina land mass.

Comparing individual cities is one thing, but comparing states is a whole different matter.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I'm just comparing apples to apples.

Yes. Texas has a large Black population. Which is driven by having a few large cities and a bunch of smaller cities with good chunks of Black people.

Comparing it to Georgia is not an apples to apples comparison in that Georgia only has one major city in Atlanta.

A more accurate comparison would be to compare Texas to the Georgia-South Carolina-North Carolina land mass.

Comparing individual cities is one thing, but comparing states is a whole different matter.

It's not an apples to apples thing when you know that that all of Texas doesn't have a large black population.

I didn't compare Texas to Georgia or any other state anyway. You don't need to compare multiple states with Texas. Again, 3.3 million out of the 3.5 million blacks in Texas is in the eastern half which again, is about the size of Georgia. There is virtually little black people in the western half and south of I-10 and also the Houston metro. The share isn't as big as you think either. 1.9 million blacks in Atlanta with 1.1 million more blacks living in the rest of the state of Georgia is about the same as 2.1 million blacks in Houston and Dallas combined with 1.2 million blacks in the rest of the eastern half of the state.

Daps

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to leave new york...:heh: and I dont have any kids, trying to make this money and then bounce outta here. The subway system could have been fixed by now, cuomo and the MTA brass fukked THAT up... :scust:

cost of taking the MTA keeps going up and up....

so I dont see why people in NY are so proud of their transport system but shyt on places where people drive cars regularly

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
cost of taking the MTA keeps going up and up....

so I dont see why people in NY are so proud of their transport system but shyt on places where people drive cars regularly

I rather pay public transportation than deal with car payments, maintenance, insurance, gas, traffic.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I rather pay public transportation than deal with car payments, maintenance, insurance, gas, traffic.

There are benefits to having both great public transportation and your own vehicle

NYC is laid out in such a way that public transport makes a lot of sense.....but the constant rise in MTA prices will become a problem at some point no?

how many businesses in NYC still give their employees a transportation allowance?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
only cities in the south i would live in past DC is Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Raleigh
I moved to the DC metro area 2 years ago...and right now I can see myself living here long term (I'm still open to moving though).

I wouldn't go back south, except to Charlotte or Raleigh...and that's only because I have family all throughout North Carolina.

Last edited: