40+ Successful professional black women are getting in vitro to be "single mothers by choice"

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Most of my circle and family are working to middle class Black people and many of them have been married multiple times and some just marry a bit later than others. I have a cousin getting married next weekend and him and his future wife have 7 kids between them together and separately. I see so many different formulations of Black families. Most people just get in where they fit in. Both genders play around too much.

It seems to be primarily people in the millennial age group complaining and having a rough time. It’s easy to point fingers at 25 year olds once you’re 36+ and past your dating prime and say what everybody else is doing wrong. If you want a spouse look in the mirror at what you did wrong or what you’re currently doing wrong. Either way, everyone will do what works for them and it’s no amount of shaming or finger waving anyone can do about it. Instead of shaming, set your own example and raise your own family the way you want to do it.
I'll look past the obvious shot at the flabbyhead passport bro

But people always tell Men to look at the Man in the mirror and they're correct.

I'll admit there's a Male wall and the auntie class know that a 40 plus dude who has never been married is probably not the marrying kind

But again imagine how it would sound if a dude used an egg donor or surrogate *even though gay dudes do it all the time* even the IVF queens never acknowledge how weird it is to not be able to give it away

The closest that Eboni came to accountability is admitting that her lifestyle is off putting to most Men.

timeless

All Star
Daps
I forgot about this thread. Personally, I wouldn't do it because it's kinda gross, but I'd opt to be a single parent through adoption. I actually don't think there's anything wrong with single parenting as long as the person can afford it and has a lot of love to give. That's really all that matters. Love and resources.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I actually don't think there's anything wrong with single parenting as long as the person can afford it and has a lot of love to give. That's really all that matters. Love and resources.
both of these factors will forever be at their highest when there’s two (solid) parents in the household

timeless

All Star
Daps
both of these factors will forever be at their highest when there’s two (solid) parents in the household
That may be true for some, but not everyone. Quite a lot of people didn't have two parent households and they're just fine.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
That may be true for some, but not everyone. Quite a lot of people didn't have two parent households and they're just fine.
This is the heart of the argument a lot of women just don't believe a father is essential.
But if we flipped it and say that a mother isn't essential most women would thinknits weird even though there's plenty of kids that grow up without their mothers and turned out just fine.

I'd say extended family is optimal for the children's success

timeless

All Star
Daps
This is the heart of the argument a lot of women just don't believe a father is essential.
But if we flipped it and say that a mother isn't essential most women would thinknits weird even though there's plenty of kids that grow up without their mothers and turned out just fine.

I'd say extended family is optimal for the children's success

I personally did not distinguish between mothers or fathers single parenting.

"I actually don't think there's anything wrong with single parenting as long as the person can afford it and has a lot of love to give. That's really all that matters. Love and resources"

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
I'll look past the obvious shot at the flabbyhead passport bro

But people always tell Men to look at the Man in the mirror and they're correct.

I'll admit there's a Male wall and the auntie class know that a 40 plus dude who has never been married is probably not the marrying kind

But again imagine how it would sound if a dude used an egg donor or surrogate *even though gay dudes do it all the time* even the IVF queens never acknowledge how weird it is to not be able to give it away

The closest that Eboni came to accountability is admitting that her lifestyle is off putting to most Men.
It’s not just men that need to look in the mirror. And women are especially called to the carpet when they’re called hoes, ran through, old, out of their prime, unwanted single mothers, fat, bad attitudes, etc. But none of this is race or gender specific. There’s an entire online culture of people in their 30s-40s complaining about dating and bashing the other gender. So if everyone is fed up and tired then it’s obviously something within the culture of dating that everyone is contributing to.

My theory is that people are staying in the dating game too long and get too jaded for relationships on both sides. When a 35 year old woman complains about not being able to get a man the first thought is that she’s too old, her standards are too high, and her pickings will be slimmer. It’s exactly the same for men.

Especially for Black people because we’re a smaller community. We’re all in an interconnected system and a small portion of the population. So if 50-65% of Black men or women aren’t interested in settling down before age 30, it causes difficulty for the entire dating pool. Because everyone else has a high probability of meeting someone who isn’t serious. Plus you have to factor in compatibility. That leads to our community getting married later and having more kids out of wedlock.

And to address your last point, women have the biological advantage of physically having children. So if they want kids all they have to do is have sex and men won’t say no. Or they can do IVF if they money and avoid coparenting issues if they don’t want to deal with a man at all. It’s weird, but for most women, if you have resources for IVF you’re probably doing better than most of our community. So I won’t waste time worrying about Eboni Williams’ kid when there’s children who aren’t even eating lunch during the summer.

Most men aren’t trying to raise children alone either. If you’re advocating for a cultural reset, that starts more so with people in their early 20s. But you have 40 year olds still chasing behind 25 year olds and still playing the same games that they’ve been playing for 20 years. And judging everyone else at the same time.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It’s not just men that need to look in the mirror. And women are especially called to the carpet when they’re called hoes, ran through, old, out of their prime, unwanted single mothers, fat, bad attitudes, etc. But none of this is race or gender specific. There’s an entire online culture of people in their 30s-40s complaining about dating and bashing the other gender. So if everyone is fed up and tired then it’s obviously something within the culture of dating that everyone is contributing to.

My theory is that people are staying in the dating game too long and get too jaded for relationships on both sides. When a 35 year old woman complains about not being able to get a man the first thought is that she’s too old, her standards are too high, and her pickings will be slimmer. It’s exactly the same for men.

Especially for Black people because we’re a smaller community. We’re all in an interconnected system and a small portion of the population. So if 50-65% of Black men or women aren’t interested in settling down before age 30, it causes difficulty for the entire dating pool. Because everyone else has a high probability of meeting someone who isn’t serious. Plus you have to factor in compatibility. That leads to our community getting married later and having more kids out of wedlock.

And to address your last point, women have the biological advantage of physically having children. So if they want kids all they have to do is have sex and men won’t say no. Or they can do IVF if they money and avoid coparenting issues if they don’t want to deal with a man at all. It’s weird, but for most women, if you have resources for IVF you’re probably doing better than most of our community. So I won’t waste time worrying about Eboni Williams’ kid when there’s children who aren’t even eating lunch during the summer.

Most men aren’t trying to raise children alone either. If you’re advocating for a cultural reset, that starts more so with people in their early 20s. But you have 40 year olds still chasing behind 25 year olds and still playing the same games that they’ve been playing for 20 years. And judging everyone else at the same time.
I agree with you.

See how it works when you #bothsides an argument you get agreement and nothing else needs to be said and you can't make money off of fake outrage based on that.

I'll also agree flabbyheads who get used to not being married while dating extensively go after younger and older women which ,makes women more entitled by all of this extra male attention then we go online to complain about it which feeds the beast

So we're all complicit in this shyt

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I forgot about this thread. Personally, I wouldn't do it because it's kinda gross, but I'd opt to be a single parent through adoption. I actually don't think there's anything wrong with single parenting as long as the person can afford it and has a lot of love to give. That's really all that matters. Love and resources.
dead nikkas

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I personally did not distinguish between mothers or fathers single parenting.

"I actually don't think there's anything wrong with single parenting as long as the person can afford it and has a lot of love to give. That's really all that matters. Love and resources"
Family and connections are resources as well.

I'm also not assigning a gender to it. Boys need aunties as much as girls need uncles.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Family and connections are resources as well.

I'm also not assigning a gender to it. Boys need aunties as much as girls need uncles.

The genders are needed to show children their role in society. Black People in the current day are existing as literal renegades but for some reason are too afraid to realign. We hate structure then cry about one gender not doing their part when there is nobody willing to define what the role should be.

nikkas will continue to exist in an eternal cycle of confusion/death/repeat.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The genders are needed to show children their role in society. Black People in the current day are existing as literal renegades but for some reason are too afraid to realign. We hate structure then cry about one gender not doing their part when there is nobody willing to define what the role should be.

nikkas will continue to exist in an eternal cycle of confusion/death/repeat.
I agree with you A woman can definitely change a tire but will she?

But I do agree some of us are too invested in our talking points to consider any compromises.

Even a sassy ass unc can be a benefit to a child especially if the father is traditionally masculine.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Peoples vanities are getting the best of them.

This isn’t the majority it’s just a small niche of individuals who have the opportunity.