4 florida(broward county) teachers die from covid within 24hours

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was gonna post this. When I was teaching if there was a teacher who died in the school district while they were still an active teacher it was a BIG deal. Having four die in 36 hours (two in the same school)? That's fukking insane.

Article says 3 weren't vaccinated and the status of the 4th is unknown.

4 Broward educators with COVID die within 2 days as school year nears

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I was gonna post this. When I was teaching if there was a teacher who died in the school district while they were still an active teacher it was a BIG deal. Having four die in 36 hours (two in the same school)? That's fukking insane.

Article says 3 weren't vaccinated and the status of the 4th is unknown.

4 Broward educators with COVID die within 2 days as school year nears

I think all 4 were unvaccinated homey. Granted I think it was worded kind of weird

Three of the educators were not vaccinated, according to Fusco, including one who “was on the road to getting vaccinated” but wasn’t yet cleared by her doctor to get the shot. She “was really looking forward to getting it in the next couple weeks,” the union president said.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Fusco said none of the four educators had been back in school buildings since the end of last year.

It comes as Broward’s public school district battles the state over the face mask mandate the school board voted 8-1 to keep in place earlier this week.

That goes against Gov. Ron DeSantis’ orders against such mask mandates, and the state’s education commissioner has threatened to withhold Broward School Board salaries. The district has a 5 p.m. deadline Friday to reply to the state about its plans.

Broward County is leading the nation in new COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to federal data.

“Our numbers are horrible,” Broward Mayor Steve Geller said of the coronavirus surge in the county.

I couldn't even imagine being a teacher in Florida with that fukknut deathcult governor.

Imagine having one of the worst disease outbreaks in the country and your coworkers are dying left and right, you're about to go to class surrounded by hundreds of unvaccinated snotty kids and your governor won't even allow you to ask them to wear masks.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think all 4 were unvaccinated homey. Granted I think it was worded kind of weird

Three of the educators were not vaccinated, according to Fusco, including one who “was on the road to getting vaccinated” but wasn’t yet cleared by her doctor to get the shot. She “was really looking forward to getting it in the next couple weeks,” the union president said.

That "including one" is one of the first three, cause he is openly talking about her vaccination status. Meanwhile the next line is:

Fusco said she couldn’t comment on the vaccination status of the other educator.

Still sounds unvaccinated tho. Family was probably defiant to the end, "That's her private medical information and we don't have to disclose it if we don't want to!"

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
That "including one" is one of the first three, cause he is openly talking about her vaccination status. Meanwhile the next line is:

Still sounds unvaccinated tho. Family was probably defiant to the end, "That's her private medical information and we don't have to disclose it if we don't want to!"

Ohhhhh. Haha fail on my part.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
shyt like THIS is fukking good enough reason to run up on government officials/establishments not the retarded shyt they chose to run up on the capitol for

Death cult is just wilding right now.

Texas governor files legal challenge to end Dallas County mask mandate

Texas Governor Greg Abbott and state Attorney General Ken Paxton on Wednesday filed a petition to halt a judge's order requiring face masks inside schools and businesses in Dallas County. The order was signed despite Abbott previously banning government entities and officials from implementing mask mandates in Texas.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins on Wednesday signed an order requiring public schools, child care centers and businesses in Dallas County to develop health and safety plans that include, at minimum, face mask requirements for employees and visitors, CBS Dallas-Fort Worth reports. Jenkins cited rising COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations as the reasoning behind the mask mandate.

Texas has recently seen a surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. According to the state's health department, Texas is averaging around 14,000 new cases per week and roughly 60 deaths per week, nearly triple the number of deaths per week from one month ago.

Those death #'s are already badly outdated, the last three DAYS were 98 deaths, 109 deaths, and then 140 deaths yesterday. Up to 539 deaths now for this week.

Same AG that filed the legal challenge trying to block the certification of other's state's electors so Trump could remain president. :francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If you're a teacher in Florida and refuse to get vaccinated, especially knowing DeSantis won't mandate masks, it's REALLY hard for me to feel sympathy for you :francis:

Not wishing anybody to get sick or anything but this is pretty much a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" situation. Antivaxxers are about to take a sefl-inflicted monster L.

That said, sad situation all around. I feel for kids in Florida and elsewhere.