[4/3] Raw After Mania: Getting A Lil Tired of Your Broken Promitheth Promitheth

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
All jokes aside, let’s be honest about Cody. One of the main reasons people turned on Cena after being fully behind him was because he had no adversity and overcame the odds at every turn to the point where it became comical. He was never in any danger and it always felt like there were no stakes because we knew the outcome 99% of the time. Cena would jump over mountains, realign the planets and win.

Cody was headed down that super Cena path, and ran the same risk. He hadn’t lost. Beat Seth 3 straight times, ended Solo’s undefeated streak. Won the royal rumble his first night back

Considering that, I almost feel like giving him a real obstacle to overcome prevents that from even having a chance of happening. People are behind him now more than ever because they feel he’s somehow being done wrong on screen and off (backstage)

He’s the biggest babyface in wrestling after this. He already was, but even more so now.. people are just too emotional to see it lol

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Wow this might be worse than late 90s wcw. I barely gave a fukk about Cody's career until recently, but I feel sorry for him, this is just right up the retarded alley of vince russo hulk hogan era. Building up characters to bury right after the ppv would be what wrestling companies on the verge of bankruptcy do, not the top wrestling company.

I hope there's some "look at the big picture" situation here and not another good ol vince change of booking.

Last edited:

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow this might be worse than late 90s wcw. I barely gave a fukk about Cody's career until recently, but I feel sorry for him, this is just right up the retarded alley of vince russo hulk hogan era. Building up characters to bury right after the ppv is what wrestling companies on the verge of bankruptcy do, not the top wrestling company. I hope there's some "look at the big picture" situation here.

People kill me with the “bury” phrase. A burial is Cody going to feud with Mustafa Ali. Him now in a feud with Brock Lesnar is not a burial.

The man is getting the belt. The big ass contract, tour bus, the debut last year all shows they were invested in dude and that was while Vince was in power. Let that shyt play out.

The rest of the show however…

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I barely gave a fukk about Cody's career until recently, but I feel sorry for him

I think that was the mission?

Do ya’ll realize the narrative from many, even on THIS site (Go read the “Cody isn’t ready” thread) went from Cody the character being given too much right away to literally feeling sorry for Cody the person because of belief that WWE is somehow holding him back and preventing him from reaching the top.

And this all shifted in one day. Mission accomplished.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
51K2vzaqgKL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I think that was the mission?

Do ya’ll realize the narrative from many, even on THIS site (Go read the “Cody isn’t ready” thread) went from Cody the character being given too much right away to literally feeling sorry for Cody the person because of belief that WWE is somehow holding him back and preventing him from reaching the top.

And this all shifted in one day. Mission accomplished.
Yeah that's probably what's gon happen. I just have vietnam flashbacks when I see a wrestler, who had biggest success in other wrestling promotions, getting beat up by a WWE grown wrestler :russ:

Cody did have a big momentum in Wrestlemania though, a big big amount of fans were cheering for him, in a short span of time they did develop a pretty interesting storyline. They have big shoes to fill, all storylines peak at some point. They better hope fans don't get bored until that revenge match happens against Roman.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah that's probably what's gon happen. I just have vietnam flashbacks when I see a wrestler, who had biggest success in other wrestling promotions, getting beat up by a WWE grown wrestler :russ:

Cody did have a big momentum in Wrestlemania though, a big big amount of fans were cheering for him, in a short span of time they did develop a pretty interesting storyline. They have big shoes to fill, all storylines peak at some point. They better hope fans don't get bored until that revenge match happens against Roman.
To be honest, there’s too much story left to tell with Roman and the bloodline. Y’all saw the reaction when Jey said “I don’t give a damn what the tribal chief said” or Sami constantly saying Jey wishes he was the one who hit Roman with that chair.

We all know where this story should go next. The bloodline should fall from within, not some white man wearing American flags.

Cody will get his day, but his route doesn’t necessarily have to be through Roman. There’s other ways to get there

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Anyone who thinks this is Cody getting buried is buggin