• Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Why is he making Garcia drop to 136 and not 140
Not gonna lie, it gives me vibes tank thinks he's a legit threat and by draining him only way he can get a serious advantage. I don't hold Ryan to that high of a pedigree, so to see tank have to drain the man who probably walks around i at 146-150s make me question.

Also it tells me Ryan and his handlers are fairly confident he can win this fight.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Tank wanted to fight at 135, his words today. 136 is a concession favoring Ryan but the narrative being pushed is that Tank requested the catchweight and rehydration clause.

Tank isn’t a big guy so he should just let Ryan come in as a middleweight? It’s good enough for Canelo, it’s good enough for Tank.

Rumble, black man, rumble.

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Not gonna lie, it gives me vibes tank thinks he's a legit threat and by draining him only way he can get a serious advantage. I don't hold Ryan to that high of a pedigree, so to see tank have to drain the man who probably walks around i at 146-150s make me question.

Also it tells me Ryan and his handlers are fairly confident he can win this fight.
Dudes make no sense. He’s draining when the rehydration is 10lbs from weigh-in. According to you that’s fair unless he walks around closer to 160-170.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Tank is the A side. And Ryan is the one who made the challenge. You can't challenge someone then say "ok move up". And the timing of Ryan leaving 135 was always funny to me. It felt like he was doing it for exactly this reason. He thought he was gonna be able to force tank up to 140 but tank wasn't having it. Ryan should be grateful he even got 1 lb. Tank really didn't have to give him anything.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Tank is the A side. And Ryan is the one who made the challenge. You can't challenge someone then say "ok move up". And the timing of Ryan leaving 135 was always funny to me. It felt like he was doing it for exactly this reason. He thought he was gonna be able to force tank up to 140 but tank wasn't having it. Ryan should be grateful he even got 1 lb. Tank really didn't have to give him anything.
This. Dude Ness from Tha Boxing Voice is really hard up about this and making it a thing. Talking about he wanted a fair fight and because Tank fought one time at 140, now it supposed to be a life sentence.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Dudes make no sense. He’s draining when the rehydration is 10lbs from weigh-in. According to you that’s fair unless he walks around closer to 160-170.
Yes having a rehydration clause on top of an already catch weight for an already bigger fighter is hoe shyt. There's nothing else to it besides to take advantage of the fighter being weaker at the fight.

The catch weight itself would be fine, the rehydration clause on top of it is disgusting.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I like Tank but he need to quit getting mad when people say his resume is weak or whatever

nikka you ain't fought nobody what you want people to say?
truthfully both guys havent...tank is lucky that he at least won a legit belt in the ring

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I mean I get hes A side, and should exercise every advantage possible but he didnt put Barrios under any such caveats who was a actual belt holder at 140

So it just seems like despite tha bravado he really respect Garcia ability

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I wouldn't read into the stipulations at all... That's just hardball being played between GBP/PBC/TMT whatever promotions.

I really sincerely doubt Davis asked for or cares deeply about anything beyond the split.