[4/19/23] AEW Dynamite live coast 2 coast: The Elite addresses their enemies, Jay White in-ring debut vs. Komander, TNT title match, and more

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I didn't see anything special about Jay White during his Impact run (I actually thought that he was bringing down Chris Bey), but I'm willing to give him another shot tomorrow night.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the booked main event is, it is rarely the "real" main event. But the main event is clearly Hobbs vs. Wardlow, rather that gets booked as the main event is a different story.

And he is doing some long-term storytelling, depending on what you define "long term" as, with the Outcasts vs. Homegrown thing and BCC vs. Elite.
Fair enough, maybe I just don't like the way he tells his stories. For example, I don't understand why BCC turned heel in the first place or why the Lucha Bros had to resort to cowardly tactics with the spike thing, other than to put the Bucks over.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Im trying to understand Tonys way of booking. Its like he pairs guys you wanna see w/ guys that are instant channel changers. Is he hoping guys like Cage will get a rub from working w/ Swerve? Why is Kommander wrestling Jay White? Think of how much better Kommander vs. Cacsidy would be?

If hes just booking for the sake of matchups atleast make the matchups compelling. If hes not gonna do long term storylines.

Is there anything on here that screams main event?

He books for vibes and props from AEW’s core fanbase:yeshrug:

Nothing necessarily WRONG with that, but it does look peculiar if you’re not apart of that crowd

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I didn't see anything special about Jay White during his Impact run (I actually thought that he was bringing down Chris Bey), but I'm willing to give him another shot tomorrow night.
Impact seems to have a checkered history at showcasing New Japan talent. What they did with Okada still lives in infamy.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Impact seems to have a checkered history at showcasing New Japan talent. What they did with Okada still lives in infamy.
What does that have to do with Jay White boring me when he was last in the States? The other NJPW wrestlers (Suzuki, El Phantasmo, Ishii, Tama Tonga, etc.) who had recent Impact runs were all fine. Jay White-O was prominently featured for several months in a Bullet Club vs Bullet Club storyline, but he was just "meh". I don't get the hype.