[4/10/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage: Lordy, I hope there are tapes - All In backstage footage to be released

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
fukkalldat I’m trying to understand the thought process behind Mercedes not wrestling until May?!

Gonna be interesting to see. I could understand the whole using her for big events only thing. That's if they use her to gain interest on those, such as the PPVs and whatever the other ones in the summer are called, I think fight for the fallen and blood and guts, not sure what else. Tho if she wins the title, not sure how that'll play out with her not fighting weekly. Tho Julia did miss some time herself and only has six defenses since winning. Do they give Willow a one month reign or do they have Mercedes lose first match? Or does Julia win both matches? Lot of possibilities. I feel like it should be defended more often to showcase the women more. Hopefully whoever holds it after DON can do that.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
fukkalldat I’m trying to understand the thought process behind Mercedes not wrestling until May?!
I assume with WM season being over that today would be the start of momentum building for AEW. With this all culminating towards a big PPV event & stealing headlines all summer I suppose?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I feel like Joe needs to take Dustin out backstage or before the match.

This is one of the times when a banger would be really bad booking.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
TK alluded in an interview with SI that came out yesterday that the footage would impact FTR and had real consequences for the people involved. So theoretically that means helping build up the FTR vs. Young Bucks match.

IF you'll remember, the Young Bucks somehow won the #1 contender spot for the tag belts back last fall, were widely expected to face FTR at one of the PPVs, and then out of nowhere FTR gets squashed by Starks/Big Bill. Then the FTR/YB match never happens and the Bucks lose their #1 contender spot to Omega/Jericho.

So maybe this footage will go into what happened to make it all go down like that, and nothing of it will involve CM Punk and/or Jack Perry.

No one in AEW ever went on the record saying that the footage was the CM Punk/Jack Perry fiasco, it was just announced as never before seen backstage footage. We and the dirt sheets just all jumped to that conclusion because that's what we've been wanting to see and the timing of it after CM Punk ran his mouth last week.

doing a bait and switch and playing the semantic game like that would disappoint the AEW fans who are excited to watch hoping this footage discredits Punk and makes him look bad