4/1 DAZN: Anthony Joshua vs Jermaine Franklin

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At this point I really don't think it matters who coaches AJ. He just seems to get in his own head during fights and I don't know if any trainer will help that. He needs a sport psychologist.

Bingo!
Man is mentally checked out

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
AJ is who he is at this point. A new trainer isn’t going to change anything, more camps, or whatever. I don’t even think he threw more than a handful of punches with full leverage in this fight :yeshrug:. He’s so scared of getting caught mid-exchange that he doesn’t put any punches together. He threw one body punch (left hook to the body) with full-tilt in the later part of the fight, which hurt Franklin, but he never revisited it. He’s also fighting like a counter-punching master now on some Juan Manuel Marquez shyt—for some unknown ass reason.

I don’t think he can beat Joyce. I won’t even entertain him beating Fury or Wilder right now.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Lot of heat on Joshua for his performance. Justified in some respects. Tbh not enough credit given to Franklin for a great performance. He's got a nice jab and keeps his head outta danger.

Not every fight is easy.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Also. Franklin was on some bum shyt with the holds. What are you supposed to do when the opponent rushes in every 15 seconds with his head and clinches?

Jeff Fenech MkII