Braman

Superstar
Daps
The only thing that stopped Bernie was passing away too early.

Bernie is more like Pac where you knew he was headed towards doing more great things, one way or the other. Steve wasn't as gifted as a lot of other comedians but he hustled and did whatever to make $$$. He's more like a Master P than a Jay Z.
That’s just…not accurate tho.

Bernie did die too young but not bc of showbiz, bc it was too young to die at all. He had dozens of movies by that point including staring films like Mr 3000 and Soul Man. Bernie had already made it big he wasn’t ‘on the cusp’

Also I still like to say jay z for Steve Harvey bc to this day people still discredit Jay by saying Beyonce making him famous or by saying ‘if Big never died….he bit Big’. Steve gets that same type of :shaq2: reaction. Whereas people respect master p. They do not respect Steve Harvey. When Steve Harvey has an accomplishment people don’t see it as a win for ‘us’. It seems to always come back to selling out or looking out for self. Similar to jay. Imo jay is a very accurate comparison

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Facts

Bernie took this shyt VERY seriously.

This was a dope ass interview :ehh:

It reminds me of how shyt was before cancel culture. They was just being 100. Mac kept it somewhat PC but it was out of respect not fear of being canceled and the interviewer didn’t hold back either. He would get SM in an uproar if he asked those same questions today.
Time stamp?
It was toward the end, around the 6 min or so mark I think. He said some people go on stage and say one thing but in real life do another when asked about if he feel the need to follow in Cosby footsteps.

All I know, DLs part got skipped every time
Mac had the best part but DL low key had the best joke on the whole show :ufdup:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Actually the movie rearranged the order of that night.

Cedric actually closed that night but the movie changed it to make it seem like Bernie closed the show.
And in hindsight proves Steve’s point

His argument was that he felt Bernie would have been able to close the best and it’s general opinion that Bernie’s segment was the best and makes a nice finish to the movie. shyt the viewers seeing, the director see it….but Bernie just didn’t want that last spot for whatever reason

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
That’s just…not accurate tho.

Bernie did die too young but not bc of showbiz, bc it was too young to die at all. He had dozens of movies by that point including staring films like Mr 3000 and Soul Man. Bernie had already made it big he wasn’t ‘on the cusp’

Also I still like to say jay z for Steve Harvey bc to this day people still discredit Jay by saying Beyonce making him famous or by saying ‘if Big never died….he bit Big’. Steve gets that same type of :shaq2: reaction. Whereas people respect master p. They do not respect Steve Harvey. When Steve Harvey has an accomplishment people don’t see it as a win for ‘us’. It seems to always come back to selling out or looking out for self. Similar to jay. Imo jay is a very accurate comparison
This is true. Both of them have that “I’m not with you nikkas vibe”

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Bernie was still alive, Steve Harvey wouldn't be where he is now.. Lets keep it 500
Nah, that's not true.

Steve Harvey's career went in an entirely different direction than Bernie's was before he passed.

I don't see Bernie Mac hosting Family Feud or a daytime talk show for as long as Steve has.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Nah, that's not true.

Steve Harvey's career went in an entirely different direction than Bernie's was before he passed.

I don't see Bernie Mac hosting Family Feud or a daytime talk show for as long as Steve has.
If Bernie had chosen to code switch to the degree Steve did I think he would have had a good level of success. Question is would he and I don’t think he would have been willing too. But the talent was there as well as America’s appetite for his personality. I know a lot of white people who low key liked the Bernie Mac Show

Daps
A lot of comedians don't like going on last, even if they kill it.

Some feel the audience will be too laughed out or heard the same themes or topics before. Sometimes the show runs too long and the people get tired.

Bernie probably wanted to hit the crowd at the peak

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
GOAT level comedians have no problem going up last. That's why Steve ain't never been a GOAT.

That's why Corey Holcomb is the GOAT comic. :umad:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
If Steve and Bernie were friends at one point

I’m not sure what the issue is with him crying at the funeral

You can have a rift with a friend and still be allowed to cry if he passes

Why y’all keep saying they fake tears ?