343i on some racist fukk shyt with Halo Infinite's Juneteenth cosmetics

Ghetto Denizen

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As a black person working in tech and familiar with the tools I can tell you this was 100% intentional.

I mean just look at their studio photo, not a breh in sight, not even a token breh

OurJourneyBegins_HaloInfinite_In_Article_p1_6.10.2018_1120x329-1024x301.jpg

Last edited:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
343 is a total waste of a company. I was considering going back to Halo Infinite when co-op dropped, but fukk that. They have done nothing aside from devaluing what was once a top tier franchise.

Like said above, the ‘tools’ excuse is bullshyt and them trying to pass that off shows you how dumb they think we all are.

Edit: What I meant to say is that its an insult to our intelligence. They fact that they think they can just blame it on the tools and we will just believe them at face value.

Considering that there are no Black People working at the studio, this is even more offensive and unacceptable as it was probably an inside joke that slipped out.

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow a monkey really???

I’m glad I haven’t played Halo since 4 and that game was trash :camby:

This y’all game developers :pacspit:

Edit: are the brehs for on here still going to support and play?:mjpls:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Embarrassing, and it seems like this will be another instance of gaming industry not being considerate towards us and same ol empty pandering during certain time of the year. As a Halo fan i am disappointed and I want Microsoft to call out and can whoever is behind this

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It doesn’t really make sense that this was a purposeful racist statement either. Why would a racist person name it that? They know it would be figured out immediately. If 343i is racist why the hell are they even making Juneteenth skins in the first place.
It was probably just some racist place holder name some edgy cac developer added for laughs and forgot to take out.

With the type of stories we hear about from these cac dominated tech companies, I wouldn't be surprised if this was normal behavior at the office. Probably use homophobic slurs when designing LGBT shyt, they just normally fix it before release.