343i on some racist fukk shyt with Halo Infinite's Juneteenth cosmetics

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to come up with a logical reason for that happening but I'm coming up blank.

I mean, if that's the nameplate editing software they use named Bonobo, has there been any instances in the past where a nameplate was named Bonobo as some sort of glitch?

Exactly, the thing is, even if this was a mistake with whatever tool or software they're referring to, how does this whole situation occur with this specific cosmetic during this month.

shyts way too sus to be a genuine mistake.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
To be fair I had to google what a Bonobo is, so i’m not sure it would immediately jump out if their story is correct about that being the default tool name.

But honestly it just seems to convenient, and i don’t trust cacs so…… :patrice:
I dont think people realize how incompetent 343 is.

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Apparently bonobo is the name of the tag editor, could have been a default name but it is fishy

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I'm trying to come up with a logical reason for that happening but I'm coming up blank.

I mean, if that's the nameplate editing software they use named Bonobo, has there been any instances in the past where a nameplate was named Bonobo as some sort of glitch?
Right.
Even if the default name rumor is true…it just happened to get missed in this instance???
:comeon:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I dont think people realize how incompetent 343 is.
Just goes to show all these companies trying to “throw black people a bone” with these little gestures aren’t being genuine.

If it was a mistake it shows they didn’t give this gesture the thought and care it deserved. Probably just put some contractor on the job and said “make us a Juneteenth” color.

It doesn’t really make sense that this was a purposeful racist statement either. Why would a racist person name it that? They know it would be figured out immediately. If 343i is racist why the hell are they even making Juneteenth skins in the first place.:mindblown:

None of it makes sense really, only thing that’s definite is this is 343i with another unforced error. Damn dummies:martin:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Could easily be some inside cac developer joke and them cacs just laughing at the outrage. I don't buy the editor thing.

This kinda dog whistling is common in the COD games with anti-muslim shyt hidden away in the game's details.

They would do shyt like put pages of the Qur'an on the ground in one of the zombies levels in Vanguard, and players would step on it without realizing. And if you know anything about most faiths and their religious text, stepping on their books or burning their books is one of the most disrespectful things.

There was one where they put something relating to Allah in a washroom above a toilet. I think in MW2? Few more examples too that I can't remember.

Last edited: