343 announce Halo season 2 roadmap, May-Nov, Co-op Campaign late August

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s literally thousands of people working on the COD franchise.

Halo is slower with content, so what?

When the content comes, start playing again.

Once forge comes out, there’s unlimited content and none of this matters. Not to mention the whole ass new game/platform that’s supposed to be launching this year.
Treyarch from what I just checked has 300 employees.
343I has 450.

I'm not comparing the COD "franchise" to Halo which would then unfairly include every other developer that makes COD each year including Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward.

Treyarch vs 343I.

Halo slower with content means so what? Lol.

Forge coming out will help greatly but still, like MCC they lost a lot of players with this slow drip release schedule. MCC is excellent now but it has lost a gigantic amount of people. I'm just saying, from a fan of Halo it's pretty crappy how Halo is being done.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Treyarch from what I just checked has 300 employees.
343I has 450.

I'm not comparing the COD "franchise" to Halo which would then unfairly include every other developer that makes COD each year including Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward.

Treyarch vs 343I.

Halo slower with content means so what? Lol.
it’s not just treyarch working on the game.
A Lot of Studios Are Actively Working on the Call of Duty Franchise

And those 450 343i employees are not ALL working on game development/content. Lots of them are working on the franchise in other ways. Movies, Toys, Comics, etc.

Forge coming out will help greatly but still, like MCC they lost a lot of players with this slow drip release schedule. MCC is excellent now but it has lost a gigantic amount of people. I'm just saying, from a fan of Halo it's pretty crappy how Halo is being done.
MCC still going like a decade later :dahell:

People will play come back and play as you said you did with COD.[/QUOTE]

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Halo is fine, like I said people want to make it seem like a flop because halo.

But all it takes is one strong season or update and people flood back in. It's not like the gameplay is Trash or unfun.

So in the meantime people that are "bored" can play something else.

That's how GAAS works, I haven't played Apex in a few seasons.... but at some point I'll come back when it has something that catches my attention.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Some people continue playing simply because a game is fun/challenging.

In todays gaming world arbitrary “progression” is expected which i understand. But ultimately if the game is not fun it doesn’t matter how many different armor colors you can unlock.

For the people that need progression to play a game, just wait, there’s lots of other stuff to play. Halo will get more content and things will be just fine.

All the doom and gloom and attacks are really weird at this point. We know they are working on a bunch of shyt. If you got bored at this point, there’s no harm in putting the game down and coming back later :manny:

This game is BF2042 status fam. It'll be where it should be in a year.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it’s not just treyarch working on the game.
A Lot of Studios Are Actively Working on the Call of Duty Franchise

And those 450 343i employees are not ALL working on game development/content. Lots of them are working on the franchise in other ways. Movies, Toys, Comics, etc.

MCC still going like a decade later :dahell:

People will play come back and play as you said you did with COD.
Those studios are working on their own games. That link doesn't say all those studios are working on one game at a time which is what you're implying . Either way, MSFT needs to better manage these studios. Why is their main IP going through all this while their other ones aren't? Gears 5, Forza and other games had no issues with content release. Seems like 343i is the only developer that works on multiple things at once and can't release things on time. Just a week ago we though Season 2 would span for three months. What's next? Season 3 delayed until 2023?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Three months after that game launched with a lack of content.

Two months after that

This is already more content within 6 months.

That game launched with crappy content and people were complaining about it too.
I said the same thing about Cold War too.
Nov 19-2020

June 2021

By June 2021, Cold War already was on it's 4th season and added a TON of new content.

By August:

This isn't even a year later and Cold War added a shyt TON of content to the game. I went from "meh" to loving it.

By November of this year, Halo Infinite is STILL going to be on Season 2. :laff:

In a perfect world, we'd be on Season 3 by now.

Instead we're getting this:

Come on man lol.

Vanguard didn't launch with a lack of content. It had over 15 maps at launch lol. It had the most maps out of any COD game at launch, and that's aside from zombies and campaign (and Warzone integration after Season 2).

Also, you skipped over the Season 1 content which had the new Shipment map and more. This came weeks after launch.

Either way, all of this only strengthens your point lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vanguard didn't launch with a lack of content. It had over 15 maps at launch lol. It had the most maps out of any COD game at launch, and that's aside from zombies and campaign (and Warzone integration after Season 2).

Also, you skipped over the Season 1 content which had the new Shipment map and more. This came weeks after launch.

Either way, all of this only strengthens your point lol
I'm talking about BLOPS Cold War, not Vanguard. I know Vanguard has a ton of content lol.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Those studios are working on their own games.That link doesn't say all those studios are working on one game at a time which is what you're implying .
No.
Call of Duty: Warzone - Wikipedia

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Wikipedia

There’s at least four studios working on the game and sharing content/dev resources.

Conversely 343i is working by themselves, built a whole new engine/platform and are responsible for EVERYTHING that has to do with Halo, not just the current games.

COD the franchise and each individual game has lots more manpower thrown at it than 343i does with Halo.

Very few, if any games can match the machine behind COD

Either way, MSFT needs to better manage these studios. Why is their main IP going through all this while their other ones aren't? Gears 5, Forza and other games had no issues with content release. Seems like 343i is the only developer that works on multiple things at once and can't release things on time. Just a week ago we though Season 2 would span for three months. What's next? Season 3 delayed until 2023?
Overwhelming majority of games in existence right now are having delays and content development is slow. 343i is not unique in that way.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No, it’s clearly not. in any metric.

BF came out after Halo and is already BF status.

Halo is still one of the most played games on xbox.

69461483-5-A0-A-4-AFD-B8-D7-DE6-D24-EF494-A.jpg

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Halo is fine, and it's still fine.

People just all have something to say for some odd reason.

Halo fans are also self destructive like sonic fans.

A great halo game dropped, with a great multiplayer for FREE.

They should have just left the GAAS out of the conversation.

Also halo's MP is old school and while fun, VERY fun, popular competitive shooters have evolved past that.

You also hit a wall pretty quick in halo where you realize you aren't good, and on top of that you can't just get random kills because of shields like you can in other FPS games. Tie that in with having to sit through a whole game of losing and people just can't handle that anymore.

IF people aren't getting random kills, then they want to die, and move on to the next match asap. aka BR's.
:mjlol:this some bagdad bob shyt right here