$3200 Houston Apartment

BEN23

All Star
Daps
No hate...but i would not spend that type of money for rent in Houston...thats for Miami..new york..la...sf

she need get rid of the apartment and buy better furniture....

i couldn't imagine paying 3200 a month then turn around and have wayfair and ikea furniture....nothing wrong with those company's...but it dont match the life style...thats like putting dodge charger seats in a s class benz

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
No hate...but i would not spend that type of money for rent in Houston...thats for Miami..new york..la...sf

she need get rid of the apartment and buy better furniture....

i couldn't imagine paying 3200 a month then turn around and have wayfair and ikea furniture....nothing wrong with those company's...but it dont match the life style...thats like putting dodge charger seats in a s class benz
Lmao!!

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Can you explain why not?

In general, even if you pay off a house, it's up to you to pay for any upkeep. You can delay, you can sell, etc.

With a condo - you're paying for the upkeep on their schedule. Your cost to live in a condo only ever goes up.

Now most Condo sales are anti-buyer, so you could probably put your burden on the next unsuspecting person - but I wouldn't buy a condo.

Ex - Looked at a spot on the Upper East side. 2-1 or a 2-2 for something crazy low - 250k. But there was a maintenance fee of 1500 AND a special assessment fee of 3,000. So if I got a mortgage for the 250K, i'd pay my mortgage/taxes/insurance + an extra 4,500 a month.

To get "pacific", in Texas, when you're a senior and you pay your house off, you can apply for a property tax exemption. And if you're really sharp (or your area is pretty racist), you don't live in a HOA neighborhood.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
op is not bad but still a 1 bedroom, I expected more

something in NYC would cost double if not more

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Pay a mortgage for something you don't own. Never understood that.
When you're young you still move a lot for work especially when no kids. When you buy a home it makes no sense if you're only gonna stay somewhere for 2 years. You have no equity. So renting until you are in a place you will stay at for long term is smart. What isn't smart tho is using all your money up on rent so much so when you want to settle down you have no down payment or savings.

Renting is neither good nor bad from a personal finance standpoint. It gives you flexibility to life changes.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
When you're young you still move a lot for work especially when no kids. When you buy a home it makes no sense if you're only gonna stay somewhere for 2 years. You have no equity. So renting until you are in a place you will stay at for long term is smart. What isn't smart tho is using all your money up on rent so much so when you want to settle down you have no down payment or savings.

Renting is neither good nor bad from a personal finance standpoint. It gives you flexibility to life changes.
She works from home though. She could work anywhere potentially permanently.