3 dozen indicted in Atlanta cheating scandal. THANK GOD

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
Georgia's entire public education system is a fukkin embarrassment

It is... I knew it was full of sh1t when I was in the 11th grade and folks that made A's and B's couldn't pass the graduation test and I was a nicca that barely tried in HS and passed every part easily the first time around. Public school is basically like the real world where kissing a$$ and being nice can get you by for the most part.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My GF works at one of the afterschool programs and she basically says there's no helping a lot of these kids, even the young ones.

She's got kids who have moms with 3 baby daddies, 6 kids, and no electricity in the house. Coming to the afterschool program to get something to eat because they've got nothing at home. They are basically unable to function in a normal classroom environment and end up fukking it up for the few good ones.

And yes, Curtis Snow is in the Bluff still and you can see him hanging out down there on random days if you just drive around and look for him.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
because 9 times out of 10 those teachers either

1. grew up no better off than those students and feel better knowing they can control and punish "ungrateful and unruly youth" by fukking up their futures

2. got jobs being teachers NOT because they were qualified or really wanted to but because they needed a job and got "put on" and can BARELY pass standardized tests themselves,

3. it's really just a check to them.

:pacspit:

Who are these 90% that you speak of? If you really feel that way why don't you save the day and teach?

Cause you'd see how difficult it is and hightail yo' ass out :shaq2:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah, Cobb County was pretty straight IMO. At least my school was.

I went to schools in a fairly good school district, and I still felt like the state's policies hampered the quality of education for anyone who wasn't an honors kid

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

:pacspit:

Who are these 90% that you speak of? If you really feel that way why don't you save the day and teach?

Cause you'd see how difficult it is and hightail yo' ass out :shaq2:

prolly cause I don't want to be a teacher?

And no, I'm not talking about every teacher on the face of the earth, I'm talking about teachers who don't give a shyt about students or their welfare and would rather just sit there and bullshyt with their students, collect a check, pass them because they are told to or their job is in danger and bounce.

If none of that applies to the teacher that you, or the folks you're defending are, then good job and god bless you, man. I just watched a graduating class where 30% of them failed cause the students don't give a shyt. The teachers didn't fail. The students failed themselves.

But I've also seen teachers with no qualifications sleep through class, be drunk through class, teach their students that Chinese people throw cans in the air and name their kids whatever sound the can makes when it lands and that's why they're named "Ting" and "Ling", then pass them so they don't lose the job that they got through their friends and family.

If those are the kind of people you're defending, then fukk them and fukk you too. :ufdup:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
prolly cause I don't want to be a teacher?

And no, I'm not talking about every teacher on the face of the earth, I'm talking about teachers who don't give a shyt about students or their welfare and would rather just sit there and bullshyt with their students, collect a check, pass them because they are told to or their job is in danger and bounce.

If none of that applies to the teacher that you, or the folks you're defending are, then good job and god bless you, man. I just watched a graduating class where 30% of them failed cause the students don't give a shyt. The teachers didn't fail. The students failed themselves.

But I've also seen teachers with no qualifications sleep through class, be drunk through class, teach their students that Chinese people throw cans in the air and name their kids whatever sound the can makes when it lands and that's why they're named "Ting" and "Ling", then pass them so they don't lose the job that they got through their friends and family.

If those are the kind of people you're defending, then fukk them and fukk you too. :ufdup:

:bryan:

fukk all that shyt you just wrote. In no way does your little soliloquy represent the majority. Stupid asses like yourself love to paint teachers with a broad brush rather than analyze the various factors that contribute to our horrible school system.

Where did I defend crappy teachers? Unless the servers are messin' up and the post was lost, I made no such statement. I will never defend a bad teacher, ever. However, they are the minority. Most of us work very hard in even harder circumstances.

Take your "fukk you" and slide it up your loose booty.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
And no, I'm not talking about every teacher on the face of the earth,

fukk all that shyt you just wrote. In no way does your little soliloquy represent the majority.

:usure: nikka.... how in the fukk do you read EITHER of the responses I wrote and think I was talking about the greater majority of teachers?

Are you sure you know what's going on in this thread?

Are you SURE your reading comprehension skills are up to par?

Did I NOT say if you're a good teacher then good job and god bless you?

You still talking shyt like I'm talking about you, then I MUST be talking about you.

Step your reading skills up, Teach. You're making "Good Teachers" look bad.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

fukk all that shyt you just wrote. In no way does your little soliloquy represent the majority. Stupid asses like yourself love to paint teachers with a broad brush rather than analyze the various factors that contribute to our horrible school system.

Where did I defend crappy teachers? Unless the servers are messin' up and the post was lost, I made no such statement. I will never defend a bad teacher, ever. However, they are the minority. Most of us work very hard in even harder circumstances.

Take your "fukk you" and slide it up your loose booty.

problem is you cant fire crappy teachers

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
:usure: nikka.... how in the fukk do you read EITHER of the responses I wrote and think I was talking about the greater majority of teachers?

Are you sure you know what's going on in this thread?

Are you SURE your reading comprehension skills are up to par?

Did I NOT say if you're a good teacher then good job and god bless you?

You still talking shyt like I'm talking about you, then I MUST be talking about you.

Step your reading skills up, Teach. You're making "Good Teachers" look bad.

Whatever you say man. :heh: I've never been that awesome with math but I think it is safe to say that proclaiming that 9 out of 10 either couldn't get anything better/can't pass the standardized tests themselves or have some twisted desire to punish kids is overgeneralizing.

@Trip this is NOT true man. They can,get fired and they do. In right to work states you can be fired just like that. In unionized states, administrators just need to document that said teacher has done a poor job and is making no effort to improve their craft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
problem is you cant fire crappy teachers

Problem is it's the system setting up these kids(black kids) up to fail in the first place. Sure what those ladies did in ATL was strife, but let's not act like our kids are getting mis-educated which starts from the top.