3 dozen indicted in Atlanta cheating scandal. THANK GOD

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Ringleader Beverly Hall's bond was cranked down from $7.5m to $5,000 cash. And yeah, something about a signature bond and a 10% option. *eyeroll*

But my point is this.

Good luck locating that fat, 65yo, allegedly felonious bish once she hits the streets. ~~~~(/^-^)/ The godmother ain't got shyt else to lose. All she needed was time & opportunity. ;) Y'all can keep the change.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/warrants-show-bonds-for-aps-defendants/nW9wm/

--> aq out <--

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
My lady works for the school system and I feel sorry for the educators, their hands were tied. It falls back on the parents to help their kids in weak areas. ALL schools have after school help for these kids but the kids don't take advantage of the programs and the parents don't make them. I wonder who snitched to set all this sh1t off.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
To add to what @AgentT said. In Detroit, they took it to another level. Not only did teachers lose jobs b/c of test scores. They brought charter schools which worked with Teachers Across America. Which is basically young adults who not even certified teachers yet to teach kids. Don't have to worry Unions because there are none with that company.

Last edited by a moderator:

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
Lets not forget that if these kids didn't pass these test that the teachers would have gotten fired or had their pay docked. I dont blame them, you cant teach kids who have just been getting passed along all their lufe up until thst point. They were also being threatened with bodily harm if they didn't do it. My lady told me some black a$$ bytch got mad at the principal at one school on some lovers quarrel type sh1t and told what was going on.

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
that exact same thing happens in NYC/other places in the country, Atlanta just got caught :manny:

but how can you sleep as a administer knowing it takes a child 15-20 mins to read a fukking paragraph in the 6th grade :scusthov:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Sotomayor's mic gon eat well off the proceeds of this event. His whole dinner gon be on that shyt. :blessed:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
There is so much fukkery in schools its sad. The racism, sexism, age bias, and nepotism you have to deal with. You have schools that are headed by people who haven't taught a day in their lives and have no idea how to handle a classroom. Yet, they are supposed to evaluate how YOU teach? :what:

Quick story. A teacher gets threatened with physical violence by a student. Teacher goes to supervisor explaining what happened. Supervisor says "well, what did YOU say to provoke the kid?" :snoop: The system is setting these kids up to fail. We give them all the power in school so they think they can do what they want. Down the road they wonder why they don't amount to shyt as adults.

We spend WAY too much time on the kids who simply DON'T care rather than those who we can save. The system is broken to the damn core and there are too many people who would rather blame teachers cause' its convenient rather than get to the root of the problem.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
that exact same thing happens in NYC/other places in the country, Atlanta just got caught :manny:

but how can you sleep as a administer knowing it takes a child 15-20 mins to a fukking read a paragraph in the 6th grade :scusthov:

Pretty much, Teachers can only do so much though, parents have to take responsibility as well, and in most cases they don't, they either don't help the child at home or they want to blame the teacher for having some vendetta against their kid.. I know teachers who passed students just so they wouldn't have to deal with the child and their parent the next school year.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I just presented a scholarly article on high stakes test cheating (Atlanta was included in the analysis). APS is a HOT MESS.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps

but how can you sleep as a administer knowing it takes a child 15-20 mins to read a fukking paragraph in the 6th grade :scusthov:

In the last two years, it has happened in New York, Texas (Sainz 2012), California, Connecticut, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Washington, DC (it happened under Rhee), and Baltimore (Resmovits 2012). APS was just the most egregious.

Now we have multiple cohorts of low income black children who can barely read or write. It will not be a pretty sight when these youth become adults.